Chapter 15: Crossed Roads~~Kihyo and Minra

Four Seasons (EXO Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kihyo’s POV*

 

I opened my eyes but it’s blurry so I rubbed it with my hands and stretched my body.

 

“Looks like you are already awake, darling” an ahjumma said.

 

“Mmm?” I can’t see her. She moved the curtains away so the light is coming in now. I put my hands on that way so my eyes won’t hurt.

 

“Are you okay now?” She said as she went near me.

 

I sit in the bed in a comfortable way. I looked around. Based on what I can see, this isn’t my room.

 

“Where am I?” I asked.

 

“Don’t worry. You’re in a safe place.” She said. I think I hear that line from someone else. My heart beat suddenly goes fast.

 

The line keeps on repeating inside my head.

 

“Don’t worry. You’re in a safe place…” I narrowed my eye at the ahjumma and it transformed to be a guy, an unknown guy. I can’t see him. The room gets darker. I can only see his shadow. I looked into my hands. It’s all tied up with a rope. I tried to get away from there. I looked around but it’s all dark now. I looked at the mattress and it’s all stained with blood. All I can do is to scream.

 

“AAAA!!! NO!!! PLEASE!!!” I shouted.

 

“Wait! Wait! Stop! Are you okay?!” The ahjumma tried to calm me down.

 

“NO!!! DON’T TOUCH ME!!! APPA!!!” I panicked as I see the guy in front of me.

 

“Is anything wrong here?” The ahjussi ,who came in the room worrying, asked.

 

“JEBAL!!!” I cried out.

 

“I don’t know what’s happening.” The ajhumma said.

 

I just buried my face in my palm as I cried out.

 

‘Calm yourself Kihyo’ I said inside my head. ‘This is just your imaginations’

 

‘WAKE UP!’

 

‘WAKE UP!’

 

‘WAKE UP!’

 

“KIHYO! THIS IS JUST YOUR IMAGINATION!” I shouted as I tried to get away from that bad imagination.

I tried to catch my breath that time. I blinked a lot of times and looked around again. It’s wasn’t dark anymore. The mattress is clean as white now. The guy suddenly disappeared and it just turned out to be the ahjumma. I’m just imagining it, I can’t control it. I do have experienced this since childhood.

 

I looked at the ahjumma and she looks worried. I looked at the ahjussi too behind her. I also saw the beautiful waiter in the viva polo last night.

 

“Are you okay?” the unni went closer to me and sat in the bed.

 

“Joesonghabnida(Sorry)… I… I…” I said.

 

“No, it’s okay. But you are you really okay? I heard you say you are just imagining it. I guess it’s a bad imagination… Can I help you?” she said as she turns her look at the ahjumma.

 

“I don’t know…” I said. “But, I’m truly sorry for what happened because I caused tension here. Sorry!” I added as I bowed a little to them.

 

“No, don’t be sorry.” The ahjumma said.

 

“Please accept my apolo—Argh!” I screamed in pain.

 

“Oh, it must be hangover. You are drunk last night, remember?” The ahjussi said.

 

Oh! I remember now. I drink soju in Viva Polo. “But how do I get in here?” I asked.

 

“Yoora insisted to help you.” The ahjumma said.

 

“Yoora?” I asked.

 

“It’s me.” The unni said as she scratched her head.

 

“Ah, kamsahamnida unni—argh!” I shouted in pain again.

 

“I’m just going downstairs. I’m going to cook a meal for you. Porridge would help you recover from that hangover.” The ahjumma said.

                                                  

“Ah, ne. Kamsahamnida.” I said. The ahjumma went out of the room.

 

“If you need anything else, just call us.” The ahjussi said. I just nodded in response and he went out too.

 

All was left is me and Yoora unni. I heard her name before. She looks like Chanyeol, but she can’t be her sister. She’s too pretty for Chanyeol. I mean, okay nevermind. I just don’t think they are related. The world would be too small if that will happen.

 

“So, what’s your name?” unni asked with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“Oh, I’m Kihyo.” I said and smiled.

 

“And I’m Yoora. The woman earlier is my mother and the man is my father.” She said.

 

“I see, you must have had a perfect family.” I said. I admit, I’m quite envious about it.

 

“I guess so.” She said and smiled.

 

“Viva Polo…” I said.

 

“It’s our family’s restaurant. My mom wanted Italian recipes.” She explained.

 

“Me too, I love it.”

 

“Really? Our family’s favorite is Italian dishes too.” She said. A moment of silence passed “But can I ask why you drank a lot of soju last night. I mean, is there any problem?” She asked.

 

“Uhm…”

 

“Break-up?”

 

“Yeah, that’s it. I think so. Break-up…” I said.

 

“He must have regretted it. He should be, because you are beautiful.” She said. I don’t know how to react that time.

 

“No! No, I’m not. I mean, I’m not as beautiful as you are.” I explained.

 

“What me? No, you are beautiful. I don’t know but I have this feeling that you are beautiful outside and inside.”

 

“You’re the first one to say that I’m beautiful except my family.” I said. Even Luhan-oppa didn’t say that to me.

 

“Ah, jinjja? They must be blind.” She said and we both laughed. We talked about good things and bad things about life. I also told her about Luhan and how I get my left arm injured. I explained also that I always have those bad imaginations inside my head. She told me a lot about herself too. She told me about her dream of being a forecaster. She told me about having a little brother too…

 

“Do you have a little brother too?” She asked.

 

“Ne, his name is Kiwoo. My dad got his name from my step brother’s name and mine. Ki, from Kihyo and Woo from Hyunwoo.” I explained to her.

 

“That was pretty cool.” She said quite amazed. “How old is he?” she asked

 

“Around 6 years old maybe, I don’t know. I don’t care also. My oppa takes care of him.” I said.

 

“But why? Where’s your mother? Or Father? She asked.

                                                                                                                                  

“My Eomma passed away. My Abeoji is in coma right now. Oh and by the way he isn’t really my father. So Kiwoo is just my half-brother.” I explained

 

“Really? But I’m really sorry to hear those things.” Unni said.

 

“Mmm. My life is miserable, haha.”

 

“By the way, why don’t you take care of Kiwoo?”

 

“I don’t want.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know. I just don’t want him to be attached with me. I think it’s enough to know his name and know that he’s alright.” I said coldly.

 

“I know there’s a reason that makes you treat him badly and I know you are not yet ready to discuss about that so I won’t ask. I just want to say that, we need to learn how to appreciate someone’s existence. And I know in time you’ll learn to love him. It’s worth taking for, I promise you.” She said as she holds my hand.

 

“Yoora! Call the guest! The food is ready!” Yoora unni’s mom shouted from downstairs.

 

“Let’s go?” She asked and I just nodded in response. I grabbed my broken phone and the jacket with studs that an unknown person let me borrow.

 

“Enjoy the meal.” Omonim said.

 

“Ne.” I said and ate the porridge happily. I felt like in a short period of time, I have a family. I finished the food fast so I can go now. I don’t want them to be bothered because of me.

 

“I’m going now. I’m really sorry for the troubles and thank you for everything.” I said to them and bowed.

 

“You are really going now?” Abeonim said.

 

“Ne, I’m really thankful to know you all.” I bowed again.

 

“Okay then, take care. And please go to Viva Polo again. It’ll be our pleasure to serve you Italian dishes again.” Yoora unni said.

 

“I will. Annyeong Unni.” I said and bowed. The three of them walked me to the door. I went out of their gate and looked back to them and bowed.

 

I wear the jacket with stud because it’s quite cold outside. I wonder who lend me this one. It's really familiar with me. I also still have my left arm medicated and I look kind of pitiful with this.

 

I walked and walked as I reach a nearby park. It's cold but I still can take it. I sat in a bench. I put my hands on the pocket. I felt something inside... it's my phone. It's broken so I can't use it. Wait? What time is it???

 

I looked at my watch, my broken wristwatch. It reads 10:21am. Oh no, it's Monday and I forgot that too. I'm dead. Ugh never mind, I think there’s nothing to do in school today. Winter break is coming!

 

I wished I never drunk that soju so I can go to school. But what the? Pictures are flashing in my head. It’s blurry and I heard something last night.

 

*Flashback*

“What are we gonna do now?” I heard a beautiful voice. And that must be Yoora unni.

“I don’t know too…” Yoda? I can’t clearly see. I’m trying to open my eyes but I can’t. He can’t be yoda. No. I felt something warm caressing my forehead.

“She has fever” an ahjumma said. “Ppali (fast), get me some warm water and a towel.” She commanded.

Did I really have a fever last night?

Then…

“Eomma!” The guy shouted. No please, he can’t be Chanyeol.

“Shhh! You’re waking her up. I think I know her. Didn’t I saw her before or something in the picture? Wait!” the ahjumma said. That must be Yoora Unni’s mom.

“Look at this.” An ahjussi’s voice said. This must be Unni’s dad.

“Appa!” The guy once again shouted then Unni makes a shhh sound. NO! NOT CHANYEOL!

“She is the girl in this picture, right! Isn’t she your…” the ahjumma said but I can’t hear them anymore.

*End of flashback*

I shook my head hard trying to remember everything clearly on what happened last night. I regretted not asking Yoora unni about this. Kihyo babo-ya.

 

"Little Master!!!" Someone shouted like he's finding someone.

 

"Master Kiwoo?!?!" Another guy shouted. What Kiwoo?

 

"Kiwoo!!!" I know that voice. I looked to the direction of the guy. It's oppa

Hyunwoo oppa, my stepbrother.

 

I immediately looked away. I was about to go away when...

 

"Kihyo-ah!" He shouted.

 

"I'm not Kihyo!" I said as I hide my face.

 

"You idiot!" He said as he takes my hands off my face.

 

"What did you do?!" Hyunwoo oppa said.

 

"What do?"

 

"What happened to you? Your hair?!"

 

"What what happened? I'm fine. What about you? Why are you finding for Kiwoo?" I asked

 

"He's missing..." he said in a lower voice.

 

"WHAT?" I screamed.

 

"Am I dreaming? You care for him now? Oh, wait. Before that, you didn’t answer my question. What’s with the hair?!” he asked

“I need a new haircut. Duh?” I said.

“And what happened with that left arm, eh?”

“It’s none of your business, so please?”

“And why are you here in Seoul? I knew it. You’re skipping classes again!”

“Don’t you like it? I’m following your steps.” I said.

“NO! DON’T DARE DO THAT!” he shouted. “Anyway, we’ll going to keep on searching for him, if you want to help us then help us. If you don’t, then you should help us still. It’s my command” He added.

“Whatever, big brother.” I said.

“What did yo—“ he wasn’t able to finish what is he going to say because someone called him.

“Yoboseyo?” he said. I was about to run away when he grabbed my jacket.

“LET ME GO!” I shouted as I’m trying to get away from his tight grip.

“Ne, arasso.” He said as he was talking in the phone. That wasn’t for me. “No, I can’t. I’m in an emergency.” He reasoned.

“What emergency?” I said trying to let the other line hear it.

“Shut up.” Hyunwoo-oppa said. “Kihyo, she’ll going to attend. Ne! Arasso. Ne, kamsahamnida.” He said as he ended the call.

“Why did I hear my name there?” I asked.

“You’re going to attend the board meeting.”

“WHAT?!?!”

“Ne, it’s yes or you’re going to search for Kiwoo yourself.”

“I would just—“ I didn’t finish because he interrupted.

“No, I changed my mind. You’re going or you’re going. That’s your option.” He said with a smirk on his face. He must have realized that I might just choose to search for Kiwoo rather than going in that board meeting

“You’re so unfair!” I shouted.

*Luhan’s POV*         

I’m now heading to SMent Building. I received a call from Mr. Kim’s Secretary. He wanted to see me. Mr. Kim is the CEO of SM now since Mr. Lee is in coma.

I entered the building and waited in the lobby.

I saw her. I can see Kihyo. She got her hair short, and I hate it. I know she know that I don’t want her hair to be cut short even if it suits her. I wanted her hair long. Is she insulting me or what?

She’s wearing all black. She has changed but I can still recognize her. Yes, I can.

 

*Flashback*

I was walking around the mall. I’m all alone; I just wanted to be alone this time. Suddenly I saw Baekhyun. He’s from K, the other sub-unit of our group. And I’m from M.

“Let’s go?” Baekhyun asked a girl. She just nodded but still facing the floor. The girl stood up so does Baekhyun and they went out of the shop.

 “Oh, hyung.” Baekhyun said to me. He already saw me. I was smiling to him and waived.

“What are you doing here?” I said to him.

“I bought eyeliner.” Baekhyun replied to me.

 

“Ahh…” I said. I noticed the girl beside her. She’s covering her face with her hair. She’s facing the floor. I can’t clearly see her that’s why I signed to Baekhyun. I signed like I’m asking who she is.

“Oh, she? She’s… uhm. My childhood friend.” He said.

“Nice to meet you.” I said to her. I’m offering my hand but she must have not noticed it because she’s not looking at me.

But she bowed to me as a sign of respect. As she cleared her face and put away the hairs that blocked her face, I gulped. I can see her clearly now. She got her makeup on. She’s Kihyo. She looked at me straight in the eye. I just acted like I don’t recognize her. This will be the best way for now. I have nothing to do. This is the best for the both of us.

I noticed she shook Baekhyun’s hand and waved to him and bowed. She also bowed to me but she didn’t say anything. She just ran away.

Right after that Baekhyun asked me.

“Hyung? Are you okay?”

“Why? Do I look like I don’t look okay?”

“Your fist turns like it wanted to punch something. Are you okay?” He said worriedly. I just nodded and sighed.

“You said she’s your childhood friend right?” I asked him.

“Yes, but the both of us weren’t sure. Eh? Is there something wrong with her?”

“No, never mind.” I said and we both go back to the dorm.

*End of flashback*

Actually, I hated myself that time. I hated myself for not asking if she’s alright. UGH!

Now, she’s also waiting here in the lobby. The lobby’s quite big so she didn’t see me. She looks irritated. But… SHE GOT HER ARM INJURED?!

My feet wanted to go to her and my mouth wanted to ask if what happened. My hands trembled in anger to myself. Luhan, this is your entire fault. I just closed my eyes and controlled myself. I must not talk to her and I must not show her that I still care for her. I must not let her know that I still love her.

“Mr. Lu, please come with me.” Someone said.

“Ah, ne. I’m coming.” I said as I sneaked a look at her again. She’s just closing her eyes with her arms across her chest.

“Mr. Kim’s waiting for you inside.” The secretary told me as she bowed.

“I understand. Kamsahamnida.” I told her.

I entered the room. She’s right. Mr. Kim is patiently waiting for me.

“Mr. Lu, you’re here.” He said.

I just bowed in front of him.

“So, how’s the mission?” he said. I looked at him but he’s looking outside the building. He is standing opposite to my direction. He looks scary but I’m quite used to it. I use to go here because of the mission.

“I already broke up with her.” I said.

“Good. Then you can sign the papers now.”

“Wait. You promised me that I’m guaranteed to have her after this contract right?” I asked.

“Of course, AFTER THE CONTRACT.” He said.

I looked at the paper in the table. I have already read it last month and my parents agreed with this. They have studied about the contract already and all I need is to sign this papers. The group which I belong has this same contract too, but there’s one thing that is different with mine.

Clause 13: Engagement with Lee Kihyo; if and only if the person ‘B’ will be able to stop her from her bad acts.

And with that I am guaranteed to have her. Since we have a no-dating contract too, I decided to break up with her as early as possible. And with that too, I will make her stop with finding the culprit who killed her appa by making her focus on finding ways to get back to me. I know I’m kind of selfish and that’s why I hate myself. This is the only way I can think that I can stop her.

I already signed the papers.

“Here it is. I already signed it.” I said coldly

“Don’t worry, young man. I promise you that you will have her if you will accomplish the remaining missions.” He said. “But for now, you should focus on your near debut. But don’t forget about the contract Mr. Lu. I trust you.” He added.

“I understand. I’m going now.” I bowed to him and leave.

I entered the elevator and pressed the down button. As soon as the door opened I stepped forward to exit but I was shock because the person in front of me is her. Our eyes both widen. I can’t explain her face. She looks shock and looks pale. I tried to act normal but she suddenly run away.

“WAIT!” I shouted.

 

*Kihyo’s POV*

I run as fast as I can.

“WAIT!” I heard him shouted.

I run and run and hide behind a post. As I was trying to catch my breath I realized, why am I running? Why am I hiding? I just saw him. Besides he doesn’t know me. He knows me because of Baekhyun but he doesn’t know that it’s me. Here is another stupid decision, Kihyo.

I sneaked to see if he already went away. Good thing he went to the other direction. I sighed in relief because of that.

“You are just embarrassing yourself. Hayy..” I said to myself. I headed back to the building. I went straight to the board meeting room.

Before I opened the door I closed my eyes. I was already holding the knob. Then after a while…

“Whoa!” I shouted. Someone from inside opened the door before I could do that. So I was pulled inside. All the eyes of the people inside the room turned to me. I immediately hid my face with my hair. I feel like my time stopped. Argh, you’re so stupid Kihyo-ah.

But wait, why can’t I hear anything? I opened my eyes slowly and look at them. I saw them all bowed in front of me. I looked at youngmin-imobu, I mean Mr. Kim, in front and he also bowed a little to me.

“Wait. No, please stand up straight. You don’t need to do that.” I said as I help one man who bowed to me to stand straight. “You can sit now.” I said to all of them. I also sit in the place where Mr. Kim’s secretary told me to sit.

Mr. Ho, our personal lawyer took his seat beside me.

“Why are you here?” he asked. “I mean, why are you in Seoul? You are not supposed to be here.” He whispered.

“There’s an emergency so I need to go here. Then I saw oppa earlier and he asked me if I want to attend the board meeting.” I explained and that’s a half lie.

“Did he really ask?”

“Okay, you got me. No, he didn’t. He pushed me to get here. He doesn’t even have a heart. Ugh!” I said to him. He just laughed a bit.

“So how are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m just fine.”

“I guess you are not. How did you get that injury? Your father might get angry if he just knows this.”

“Car accident.” I just replied.

“Car accident?! Why didn’t you tell me? How?” He worriedly asked.

“That’s the emergency I told you earlier that’s why I’m still here in Seoul. But don’t worry, I’m okay now.” I said.

“Let’s get started.” The speaker said.

Mr. Ho and I stopped talking for a while and listened to the speaker.

“Good Afternoon to each of you…” the speaker once again said.

As time goes by I’m starting to get sleepy. This comfy seat also helps to get me sleepier. They won’t mind if I sleep right?

I started to get in a comfortable position and closed my eyes.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter