03

Mission 34: A Way To HIS Heart!

Chapter 03

       "See I told you he'll say no!" Krystal shouted. "I'll take Hyemi in my care. I can just exchange one of my students to Sehun."

       "No." Sehun said again. 

       'Stubborn.' Hyemi somehow got angry at him but she never show it. She just kept a straight face. She's also taking back what she said that he is handsome. She thinks if people have a bad heart, they're not pretty nor handsome. She now believes that he has an attitude just like what Jimin said a few minutes ago. A very bad attitude. 

       "But you know that all of your students came from Sehun right? They all wanted to change mentor because of this harsh words and training." Siwon ruffled Sehun's hair. Sehun got pissed that he push Siwon.

       Hyemi tried to speak up. Somehow she wants Sehun to be her mentor. She wants to show that she can do it. She might not know what or how Sehun mentors but she'll try to do it. She doesn't need Krystal's consideration. She can take care of herself. Hopefully. "I don't mind. I think I'm fine being his student." 

       Everybody looked at her. They were stunned even Sehun. No one has ever told them that they want Sehun to mentor them. All they know is that every student that Sehun has mentored say the same thing; "He's scary! He's pushy. He's mean. He doesn't give us breaks. He's cold and inconsiderate! I want a new mentor!"

       Hyemi became uneasy but she still held her head up. Now she really wants to join the agency. She became interested. She also became curious. She doesn't know why but she wants to know more about Sehun. Even if she just saw him just now, she became curious. He's a mystery to Hyemi. Kai was mysterious to her too but Sehun is more mysterious. He gives off that vibe to Hyemi. A vibe that's making her stay. 

       Krystal grab both Hyemi's hand. "Hyemi are you sure? You know I can still mentor you."

       "I'm fine Krystal. I've met other harsh teachers. I think I can handle this one." She looked at Sehun with lots of confidence. 

       Sehun raise a brow at her then smirked. "Maybe I'll take this girl as my student. I guess it will be.. fun." His words and voice sent chills to Hyemi's spine. She stayed quiet. Her confidence flew away. She thought that maybe she made a mistake but it was too late to take it back. Sehun already said that he'll mentor her. 'There's no backing out now. I hope I'll be fine.'

       "Okay then!" Siwon clapped. "Everybody go back to whoever you guys are mentoring. Or go and train! Except you Jimin, send Hyemi out." Jimin nodded then put his arm around Hyemi's shoulder. Hyemi didn't budge though since she was still worried if she did the right thing. 

       "I'll be seeing you tomorrow Hyemi. We'll measure you tomorrow for your training suite. We'll also take your height, weight, health and other information. And one more thing do not tell this to anyone. If a criminal finds out about this agency, we'll be doomed and we have to kill you. Siwon said. Hyemi's eyes widen. She just nodded. She doesn't know if he's joking or not.  

       Jimin and Hyemi took off. Jimin kept on talking while Hyemi just nodded. "That was so cool when you fought Krystal noona! She's the only girl that is undefeatable. I give you my respect!" Jimin said as he give Hyemi a thumbs up. 

       Hyemi laughed. "Nah. I bet she went easy on me. I'm not really good anyway."

       Jimin shook his head. "Go easy? She's very competitive. I remember when one girl wanted to join, she cried after because Krystal almost killed her."

       Hyemi thought that she did went easy on her but Krystal did have that game face on. She doesn't really know anymore. The only thing in her mind is Sehun. Her torture days will start tomorrow. She doesn't know if she'll survive or give up like the others but Hyemi has never gave up on anything even if the task or job is hard. 

       She's also worried about her other job. She can't just quit. What if she quits then later she also wants to quit at the spy thing then she wouldn't have a job then her family wouldn't live because she doesn't have money anymore! She literally wanna bang her head on the wall for deciding without thinking. She somehow wanted to show them that she can handle anything. 

       "Yo! Hyemi?" Jimin snapped his finger in front of Hyemi's face. 

       "Huh? Oh sorry Jimin. Did you say something?"

       "Is there something bugging you? You can tell me." Jimin said he hold Hyemi by the shoulders and smile lightly at her. 

       Hyemi smiled back. "Thanks Jimin. Even though we just met now, you're so nice to me."

       "I know I'm nice." He laughs. "Sorry. I'm conceited! So what's on your mind noona?" 

       Hyemi sighed. "Its just that maybe I made a wrong decision joining plus maybe I should've accept Krystal's offer." 

       Jimin nodded. He understand what she said. "Actually I've been a student of Sehun hyung. I guess you can say he is harsh that's why I asked to change my mentor to Suho hyung but to be honest once you get to know Sehun hyung, he's quite nice. At some point. But you'll survive. Patience and lots of determination is the key for survival in here. But if you do need anything, you can come to me Hyemi! I'll help you." 

       "Wait how old are you? You're so wise you know?" She chuckles. 

       "I'm 17! 11th grade. A girl's every dream boy." He winks. 

       Hyemi laughs. "So you're younger than me by a year?" 

       "Oh so you're a noona? When will anyone call me oppa in this agency?" He pouts but laughs after. 

       Hyemi and Jimin talked and talked until they reached the outside of the building. She put the bag inside of the box and went on her motorcycle. "I'll see you tomorrow Jimin. Bye!" She puts her helmet on and drives away.

       She went straight back to the restaurant. She didn't get any scolding because Siwon did told them that they'll borrow Hyemi for awhile. She sat down on the vacant chair in the kitchen and rested her head on the table. Even if she didn't do anything that much today she was completely exhausted. She checked the time and it was quarter past 8. 

       She was gonna ask if there's anymore deliveries she need to finish but she was interrupted by Luhan. "Hyemi! Where have you been? You didn't come back for almost an hour now!" 

       "Yeah. He's panicking like a little girl who lost her mommy in the grocery." Taeyeon said. Luhan just ignored her. 

       "Woah. Didn't they tell you that the Big Bang company borrowed me for awhile?" 

       "I know that but what did you do there anyway? Besides delivering the food?" 

       Hyemi became silent. She promised not to tell anyone about the agency. She's also not sure if she could tell Luhan. She knows that Luhan can be trusted but Siwon said 'anyone' so that means including her bestfriend. She needs to think fast or else Luhan will get suspicious. 'Think Hyemi! Think.. Ah I know!!'

       "They asked me to do something... Like survey for the game 'cause you know... I'm a teenager. And they're aiming a... game for teenagers! That's... why... they asked for my opinion! Yeah." 

       "But you don't like video games..." Luhan said as he looked at Hyemi suspiciously. 

       Hyemi began to fiddle with her fingers. She really hates Luhan for being suspicious about her. "Aye! C'mon people can change? Plus because of that I got a free game!" She showed the game that Siwon gave her awhile ago.

       Luhan looked at her for a few seconds. "You got a free game?!" He took the cd from Hyemi and looked at it. "Woah! You got the last of us? Maybe I should've done the delivery then I maybe I'll get a free game. Luck you. You can give this to Chanhyuk so we can play it together 'cause you guys don't have the console for it." 

       Hyemi chuckled and sighed in her head. She was happy that Luhan can also be deceived easily. The day goes on as any other day. Deliveries here. Deliveries there. As soon as Hyemi's shift was over, she wen to the manager asking if she could go to the shop later than her usual time. "Why? Do you have something urgent to do tomorrow?" the manager asked. 

      Hyemi didn't know what to say. She tried to think of another excuse again without looking suspicious. "Um... Well... My mom will visit the clinic tomorrow and.. and.. she needs someone to take her there. She's been really sick these days." Hyemi really felt bad for lying but she just can tell them that she joined a spy agency.

      She was praying that her manager would let her. She kept on saying sorry and please in her head. The manager sighed. "I can't say no to you since you are one of our best and most hardworking employees plus if your mom is really sick then go. But please go back. Tomorrow Hyoyeon won't come because she will take a leave off. So it will just be you and Luhan. You can go now." Hyemi nodded and bowed. 

      She grabbed her stuff and went out with Luhan by her side. "I heard that you're going to the restaurant late tomorrow?"

      "Ah yeah." She began to fiddle with her fingers. "I'll be back immediately! No worries." 

      Luhan nodded. "Sure. Just be back. I don't think I can handle a lot of deliveries." He laughs. "Oh and tell Auntie to get well soon. I didn't she was sick. She went to our house the other day because mom has something to give her and she was fine." 

      Hyemi started to worry. She doesn't know if lying was the best idea for this. She really feel so bad for lying to the manager and to her one and only best friend slash childhood friend slash brother, Luhan. Hopefully she'll tell him once the right time comes. Not too long they reached Hyemi's house. Luhan bid his goodbyes and head off to his house. Hyemi opened the door with the spare key that her mother gave her. She noticed that the lights were on. It means her mother was still awake. She noticed the clothes rack was in the living room.

      "Eoh did mom do all the work?" Hyemi touched the clothes that was hanging on the clothes rach. "She might really get sick if she over works herself. But I guess that's a good thing so Luhan won't get suspicious." She murmured. 

      She tried to look for her mom. They're house isn't that big so she found her immediately. She saw her cleaning their shelve. "Mom!" The middle age woman turn around. Hyemi grabbed the wet rag from her mom. "You should be sleeping by now! You'll get sick if you work more." She led her mom to her room. 

      "Okay, I'm sorry Hyemi." Her mom frowns. Hyemi knows that her mom feels that she's angry at her. 

      "I'm not angry mom. Its just that I don't want you to overstress yourself! We still need one parent alive you know?" Hyemi tried to smile so she could cheer her mom up. 

      "I know. I know." Her mom smiles too. "You should also take care of yourself Hyemi! You have school and work and you go home like 10:00 pm. You'll get sick, you know?"

      Hyemi nodded. "I'm fine mom. I'm still young so I have a lot of stamina." 

      'Plus I have a spy thing anyway.' Hyemi thought.

      "Anyway I'll go to sleep now. Goodnight Hyemi." She kisses Hyemi's cheeks. 

      Hyemi sighed. She went to her room which is also the room of her younger siblings. Once she opened the door, she saw the twins still awake. They were playing the PSP that Luhan gave to them at their 11th birthday. She keeps returning the toy back to Luhan because its too much to give as a birthday present but Luhan too was insisting that they should have it. 

       The twins looked at their older sister for a few seconds before hiding under the sheets. Hyemi ran to their sides to tickle them. "Yah! You guys are still awake huh? Don't you have school tomorrow? As a punishment, I'll tickle you guys to death." Hyemi did an evil laughed and continued to tickle both her siblings. 

       "We're sorry unnie!" Soohyun, the girl twin, said between her laughs. 

       The boy, Chanhyuk, also said something. "Yes! Yes! We're sorry its just-" He couldn't continue because he keeps laughing. 

       "Just what huh?" Hyemi stopped. The two tried to catch their breath. They were like dogs who chased a cat. Breathing in and out. In and out. 

       "We were playing the game that our friend gave to us. More like he let us borrowed it but we couldn't play it awhile ago because we were doing homework." Chanhyuk continued his sentence that was cut off a few seconds ago.

       "Yeah and mom didn't let us play because she said to study first. We we're so curious!" Soohyun added as she prolong the word 'so'. 

       "We're both sorry." They both said in unison.

       Hyemi sighed. "I forgive you guys." She both ruffled the hair of her beloved siblings. "How can I get mad at you guys?" She then hugged them. The twins both laughed. 

       They're close with each other. Although Chanhyuk and Soohyun are twins, they both love each other and their sister too. People expected that the two would fight and fight but they were wrong. They're like one person but they do fight. Sometimes. And that's what Hyemi like about them. She loves them to death that if anything happens to them she'll blame herself for it. 

       "You guys should go to bed. Seriously. You guys need to be early tomorrow! A new day of learning." Hyemi said with a bright smile. The wins smiled back. Also giving their older sister a kiss on the cheeks. The two lied down on the bed. She tucked them in and said goodnight. 

       The twins share the same bed but they're okay with it even if they're already 13. Hyemi sleeps on the floor with a futon. Sad right? She's okay with it though. Before she went out, she grab some clothes. She went to the bathroom to change then went to the dining table to eat the food. She looks around and sighs. "Hopefully, I can manage things tomorrow."