01

Mission 34: A Way To HIS Heart!

Chapter 01

       The last bell just rang. Hyemi picked up her stuff  and placed everything on her bag. She checked the time on her phone. She smiled. It was time for her to go to work. She rushed to the front gate.

       Kim Hyemi is an eighteen year old ordinary girl. She grew up in a poor family with only a mother by her side. She lost her father at the age of 10 because of a construction accident. She was really depressed when that incident happened but she manage to stay strong for her family. 

       She has two other siblings — one boy and one girl — she being the oldest. Since she's the only one who can help her mother, she went out to find a job and ended up as a delivery woman at a local restaurant in Seoul, South Korea. She worked every night as soon as her school is finish. Also, of course, from morning to night in the weekends.

       Although she worked her off everyday, she manage to keep her grades up in school. She's just a scholar, to be honest. She was really blessed and thankful when she got a full scholarship and it last until she graduates from high school. It means the only thing she has to worry about is feeding her siblings and paying their tuition fees. 

       She was about to leave the school when a guy shouted her name. She turn around. "Luhan!"

       The guy named Luhan rushed to her side and put his arm over Hyemi's shoulder. "Going to work? Why didn't you wait for me?" He pouted. "You're to eager to go to work."

       Hyemi ruffled his hair. "Aww. Is little Luhan sad that I left him behind?" Luhan nodded like a little kid. Hyemi just laughed and flicked his forehead. He yelped in pain

       "I thought your manly? Why are you acting like a little girl?" 

       Luhan coughed, brushed off his clothes and straightened up. "I am manly." He winked.

       Hyemi shook her head and punched his arms continuously. Luhan tried to grabbed her arms but failed as Hyemi is quick and strong. He kept on calling for help until a short haired girl came running to their side. Hyemi stopped hitting Luhan and he thanked the girl who came. "Thank you! Thank you Hyeri. You save me from this gorilla."

       Hyemi punched Luhan again. "Okay! Okay! You guys stop." Hyeri hold Hyemi's hands down and hugged her. "Sheesh. I don't get you guys. Are you friends or enemies?"

       "Frenemies?" Hyemi said and all of them laughed. "Anyway. I'm off to work." Hyemi nodded and head out to leave the two alone.

       "Huh? Wait! Hyemi! Bye Hyeri." Luhan said as he wave at Hyeri. Hyeri wave backed. "I'll try to order from you guys later!" She shouted back.

       Hyemi and Luhan turn around to give her a thumbs up and a wave then they head out to their work. The two are both delivery man at the 'BTOB Restaurant'. Hyemi doesn't get why Luhan has to work when he is the son of a CEO of the Stellar Hotel. One of the most well known hotel in Seoul. So why even bother working when you will inherit something big? 

       She always asked that to Luhan and Luhan would just simply replied, "Nothing. I just want to. Plus I'll be working at the hotel once my father retires and that will happen like years later." And also, "I think its fun working especially I'm working with my childhood friend." 

       Yes, Luhan and her are friends like forever. They have been friends since they were little children. Their parents are close although Hyemi's family is poor. As much as possible, Luhan's family tries to help her family but sometimes Hyemi turns them down because she feels a bit guilty that they are helping them because of their state. She wants to earn for her family. 

       Luhan nudge Hyemi's side. "So have you thought of a college course?" 

       "Huh I haven't think of one." Hyemi tapped her chin. "Maybe journalism? I do love reading news and watching it." 

       Luhan looked at her with a 'really?' look. "You're so old school Hyemi!" He said as he emphasize the word 'so'. "Well seeing you on tv wouldn't be that bad." He shrugged earning another punch. 

       "You could take architecture or you know designing clothes. You are good at drawing." Luhan nodded. Hyemi shrugged. "How about you? What course are you gonna take?" 

       "Entrepreneurship obviously. 'Cause I have to manage my dad's business. I want photography though but I have to follow my father." He sighed but smiled after. 

       Soon they reached the restaurant. It wasn't that far anyway. It's close to their school and it's close to their houses. They went to the back door where employees goes in. Luhan opened the door and the two was hit by the lovely and delicious smell of the food. Hyemi and Luhan said hello to the chefs and other employees. 

       Suddenly a woman jump in front of Hyemi and hugged her. "Hyemimi! Hello! Hello!" 

       "Omf!" Hyemi hugged the woman in front of her. "Taeyeon unnie. Oh my god. Its like we didn't see each other yesterday." Hyemi laughed. 

       The woman named Taeyeon let go of Hyemi and smiled. "But I miss you so much." She pinched Hyemi's cheeks. 

       Luhan then but in the conversation. "How about me Taeyeon noona? Don't you miss me?" 

       Taeyeon looked at him in disgust. "No. Get away." Taeyeon said with sneer. She pushed Luhan aside. Luhan pouted and walked to his locker to get his clothes and change. 

       "Why are you so hard on Luhan unnie?" Hyemi shook her head in amusement. Taeyeon shrugged. "I don't know. His face just pissed me off." 

       Hyemi chuckled. "Anyway. I'll go change now." Taeyeon nodded as she went back to her station. Hyemi went to the girl's restroom to change. She change into a red top with collar and with the restaurant logo on the right side top and some jeans. She also tied her straight black hair into a ponytail. Once she was done she went out. 

       She went straight to the kitchen and asked if there's any deliveries she need to deliver. "Any deliveries? I'm ready to go!" She raised her hand enthusiastically. All of the people in the kitchen laughed. One of the people who works the telephone gave her a paper with the list of the people who called. 

       "Here Hyemi. You just have to wait for the food." Hyemi takes the paper and checks the locations. She nods. She knows where all of these are located.

       Hyemi has memorized almost all the places in Seoul. She's really fast at memorizing. People there at the restaurant always ask her on how she can memorize things so fast and what's her secret or method. She always reply with; 'just a little determination and hard work also motivation to one's self that you can do it. that's my method.' 

       Hyemi read the last order and it was from the video game company, Big Bang, that she always passed when she goes home. Somehow when she read that it send her chills on her spine. She thinks that the company is a little bit odd. She thinks that the company isn't a company at all. She thinks that its more than just a company.

       Sometimes she can see people at her age or younger coming out off the place whenever she goes home from work. She doesn't know if they work there or their parents work their and they came there to see them but going in and out of there like almost everyday sounds too suspicious. But she doesn't want to assume stuff so she just shake it off out of her head.

       She did remember one thing that her brother wants to work there. He said he wants to make games for kids once he grows up  even if he only has psp that Luhan gave him on his 11th birthday he really likes video games. 

       She went to the girl who gave her the paper. "Irene unnie. What did the Big Bang Company ordered? Its kinda a bit shocking that they will order from a local restaurant." She said as she fiddle with the paper.

       Irene shrugged. "Well that is true but I guess the thing they ordered is just a few. Something fit for only one person. I guess maybe one of the workers ordered it." Hyemi nodded.

       "You are going there so why don't you grab me one game? For my brother? You know the Last of Us game!" She smiled and poked Hyemi.

       Hyemi laughed. "I can't do that unnie. I don't even know the game."

       Irene pouted. "Okay." 

       Hyemi laughed once more. Irene went back to her desk and Hyemi went to Taeyeon since she called her. She grab everything and placed it on the box that was attached to her motor scooter. She puts her helmet on. Before she goes off, she checked if everything was secured and safe and if she has more gas to drive.

       Once she was finish, she took off. She went here and there. Going round and round on the streets of Seoul. Bringing people their food until the last delivery. 

       Hyemi stopped when she reached her last order, the Big Bang Company. She grabbed the bag from the box and went inside. She stopped by the receptionist first and asked for the name that was listed on the paper.

       "Umm excuse me. I'm Kim Hyemi from the BTOB restaurant. I have a delivery for Mr. Choi Siwon?"