Chapter 4: Second Meet

Adore U

Continues from the previous chapter:

 

"D-Dino"

 

I looked at him. He looked really different. He looks cuter than mainly which he does at school.

 

"Yeah. Do I know you?"

 

"Ahh. No but I go to the same school as you"

 

"Ohh. So you are my fan then" he said half with question while the other half with confidence.

 

"Ahh no. I just know about you. I mean about SEVENTEEN" I said.

 

This situation is just weird. I feel like digging a hole and hid in it. It's so embarrassing. Also for some reason my heart is beating.

 

"What time is this?" I asked trying to change the topic.

 

"Ahh. 10: 05. And don't try to change the subject" he says as he acts cute.

 

Okay. He needs to stop acting cute.

 

"Dino here you go. You can have Snowy back. Sorry for this. I am sorry but I have to go to work. But we will talk to later. Bye" I said as I passed Snowy to Dino and grabbed the bag and run before he could say anything else.  I run till I was out of his sight and near my work place. I have always been careless and forgetful that was one of the reason why my parents didn't want me to live by myself but then unni stick of to me. Like always.

 

I slow down to catch my breath and took my phone out. I still have 5 minute left. I work at the cafe which is not far from the Han River but far from my house. So I take bus sometimes when I am really tired. I work at a cafe called Bubble Tea. Yep, just Bubble Tea. This shop is popular with teenagers especially at summer. Like right now. I opened the door and I can see teenagers my age and lots of people already there. This shop is always jamming on K-Pop. Like today it’s playing iKON: Long Time No See. I headed toward the back door where only staffs are allowed to come and get ready to change into my work cloth.

 

 

 

10 minute later:

 

I looked at myself in the small mirror which was inside the locker. I had my hair down. I was wearing the work uniform which was white shirt and black skirt. I was also wearing heels which made me look taller than normal. I trace my finger through my hair and trace my finger to my neck scar which I have hidden by the make-up.

 

Flashback:

 

"I am sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Please forgive me. We could be better. I will treat you better"

 

"Excuse me who are you?"

 

"Jina....Me your boyfrie....."

 

Now:

 

"Jina"

 

I shut the locker with the bang and headed toward the voice. It was the manager of this shop. She is older than me by 3 years. But she is so bossy and annoying. Her mother used to own the shop, she still does but for now she is in charge of this shop. We are friends. We are rivals. Don't even know but you can always trust her.

 

"NE, unni. I am here" I said as I walked toward her.

 

"You are here. You are always day dreaming. Hurray up and head outside we have lots of customer to today. Quick, quick. You walk so slow" she said as she looked at me and then turned away from me and headed toward the door and opened it and looked at me. She was so tall that she didn't even have to wear high heels were as for me it's the exact opposite. I am shorter than her you can say that I can barely reach her shoulder. Her curly black hair was tied up in a ponytail and she is pretty and slim unlike me. I am short and bit chubby. Her name is Minah.

 

"Go to the counter. Tiffany and Reina will clear the tables so don't worry" she said.

 

"Ne" I replied as I headed toward the counter. Tiffany and Reina are the other people who works here. They are older than me but the same age as Minah unni. They treat me well except Minah unni. She is just plain mean. I walked toward the counter where the customers were waiting for me to order their drinks.

 

"Excuse me, what will you like to order?" I asked the couple in the front of me.

 

"One green tea and honey milk tea" the guy replied.

 

"Coming right up" I said as I grabbed the cup.

 

"Here you go" I said as I handed them the two cup of drink.

 

"I will pay" said the girl

 

"No why would I let my girlfriend pay?" he said as he took the money out and headed to me. I smiled at him and at his girlfriend.

 

"Come again" I said with a bow.

 

 

 

5 hours later | 3:15 P.M.

 

God this is so tiring. My hand is killing me. Giving and servicing is tiring but what more is tiring is that I want something to drink but I can't.

 

"Why are you pouting?"

 

I look up to see two guy. One had chestnut brown hair colour which reached down his eyebrows while the other one had silver hair colour which was highlighted by light pink.

 

"Joshua..." I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked as kind of feel embarrassed.

 

"Well I wonder what you do in a bubble tea shop?" he said as he put on the thoughtful face on. "Anyway can we have one chocolate and one mint flavour bubble tea" he said.

 

"Sure" I replied as I headed back to work. This has to be one of the most awkward moment in my life. I put the lid on one of the drinks when I heard the other guy whom I didn't know was asking about me and how he knows me. He seems to be taking in Chinese. I didn't know that Joshua can speak Chinese. The only thing I can speak in Chinese is to say Hello and Bye. I picked both of the drinks and give it to them.

 

"That will be 30,000 won" I said

 

He took out his wallet and give me 30,000 won. While I took two coupon out.

 

"Thank you and here you go" I said as I accepted the money and headed him the coupon.

 

"That a coupon. One for you and one for your friend" I said

 

"Thanks. We will come again" he said with a smile.

 

He really needs to stop smiling like that. I looked at the other one. He seems to be staring at me. He is cute as well. It feels like a drama all of sudden. They look like flower boys type. The silver hair give me a quick, faint smile and walked after Joshua. I yawed and covered my mouth. Work is so tiring but I don't have a choice. My bills for the apartment should be coming up in two weeks. Argh.

 

 

 

8:00 PM

 

"Unni I will be going" I said as I grabbed my bag.

 

"Ne" they replied

 

"Better be on time next week" said Minah

 

"Ne. I will" I replied as I walked out from the back door and put on my headphone.

 

I gripped my coat tightly. It was chilly night. It was dark yet the light on the Seoul kept the street still bright. I walked down the street where no one was there except me. I walked down the street and then turned left where the Han River was. I walked more and stopped where I saw Dino this morning. I stopped for a moment and looked at the view for more second. I started to walk again and then I heard a barking sound. It sounded just like Snowy. No way right? I walked for more than I felt something rubbing against my legs. I looked down. It was Snowy.

 

"Snowy. Why are you here?" I picked it up and he gave me a cute bark.

 

"Is Dino even your owner?" I asked as he wave his tails.

 

"Snowy"

 

"Snowy. Where are you?"

 

Ahh. That sounds like Dino and the other one wasn't Dino but I know this voice. Snowy gave a bark. Two guys came into the view where the street light was placed.

 

"You...”

 

"Dino"

 

"Jina"