Six

My Love

“So what do we do,” HongBin asked.

We were now all scattered everywhere in HakYeon’s living room.

I was on the couch sitting with my legs crossed and my back resting on the back of the couch with my arms crossed across my chest.

“It’s not Taekwoon’s fault that she experienced that experience that we shouldn’t speak of,” SangHyuk said.

“Correct,” Jae Hwan added. “It’s our fault.”

“Taekwoon shouldn’t take the blame for something that we did,” WonSik said.

“There’s no other way to settle this, but call her parents and explain everything to them,” HakYeon said. “Taekwoon, what’s their phone number,” HakYeon asked as he took out his phone.

“961-0789.”

HakYeon typed the number into his phone and then put the phone against his ear.

“Hello,” he said after a couple rings. “Hello, mother, are you well?” He chuckles. “I’m Taekwoon’s friend, Cha HakYeon.” He chuckles again. “Yes, I called because there seems to be a misunderstanding. I’ve heard that you thought Taekwoon was the one who caused Haneul harm that day when we went to the zoo... No, mother, he wasn’t with us. He was at home preparing dinner for Haneul. You see Taekwoon wanted to say thank you for everything that Haneul has done for him.” He laughs. “Yes, Haneul is the best sister in law I’ve ever met. She’s incredible. I could never ask for a better one… Yes, mother. Anyway, I wanted to inform you that I was with Haneul that day along with my other friends and it was our fault for not taking care of your daughter. I’m very sorry I caused your daughter so much pain. I should be taking the punishment not Taekwoon. So please let Haneul come back to Taekwoon.” He looked over at me. “He’s very miserable without her. He misses her to death.” He laughed awkwardly. “Yes, mother. Yes. Yes. Bye.”

He ended the call.

“So,” Jae Hwan asked with curiosity.

“What’d she say,” Hongbin asked.

“She said,” HakYeon took a deep breath, “no. She won’t blame Taekwoon for the amusement park incident,” everyone sighed in relief, “but,” everyone held their breath. “ she’s not going to for the others that he has caused.”

The name. The not helping out around the house.

“What’s the other problems that Taekwoon could cause,” Hongbin asked. “Not helping her out around the house?”

“Is it the fact that he doesn’t let Haneul call him by his real name,” Sanghyuk asked.

“Or maybe something else,” Wonsik said.

“Like what,” the other four asked.

“Not being affectionate.”

They all looked at me.

“That’s not it.” I said with a scowl.

“That’s it. Your attitude,” JaeHwan said. “Girls like it when you talk to them nice and sweetly. They don’t like it when your rough around them.”

“I was never rough around her.”

I stood up.

“I know what I have to do now. Thanks guys.”

I walked out the door without another word and headed for my car.

When I got home it was nearly dark. I took a quick shower and then headed to the cold lonely bed that I must sleep in once again.

The very first thing that I did when I woke up was calling my in laws. They weren’t that happy to hear from me, but I had to talk to them. I told them to make an appointment somewhere so I could talk to them and straighten out this misunderstanding of Haneul and I, but they insisted that we just talked at my house and so we did.

“Sorry to make you come all the way out here to talk to your irresponsible son in law.” I said with my head hung low.

“Just say what you want us to hear,” mother said coldly.

I looked up and noticed that they haven’t even touched the drinks that I had given them earlier today when they came over.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but if what I’m going to say isn’t going to change your mind about bringing Haneul back,” I paused and gulped, “I don’t want to waste your time anymore.”

“Go on,” father said, “I’m sure what you have to say is important that’s why you called us to meet you.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat hoping it’ll go away, but it stayed.

“Haneul,” I paused and tried to hold their gaze, “I love her. I really do. So if you bring her back to me I promise you that I’ll be a better son in law and husband to both of you and Haneul.”

“How can we trust you,” mother asked me.

“I know I’ve many sins that I may not fix, but with the remaining of my life I want to be the best husband I could ever be to Haneul. If I can’t have her then I don’t want anyone else in my life. She’s my one and only wife that I’ll have.”

My in laws didn’t say anything, but looked at me not convinced.

“If you want me to I’ll do anything to prove my love to Haneul. With one exception.”

“And that is,” mother asked.

“You can’t ask me to die for her.”

“Why not,” father asked.

“Because if I die then I won’t be here to give her my love for the rest of my remaining life as I’ve said before.”

I could tell that the looks on their faces were different. Their faces softened.

“Then, if I told you to give me this house back because I needed the money back again, will you?”

I thought for a moment.

“No.”

“What,” they both asked shocked.

“I won’t leave this house to you.”

“And why is that? This house is ours, it’s under our name.”

“If I gave this house back to you for you to sell to make money off of it, then even if I do get Haneul back I won’t be able to provide a roof over her head. I at least want to keep her out of the rain and sun. Also,” I shook my head, “I don’t want my parents to suffer anymore. If anyone should suffer it should be me. So instead of selling this house to get the money, I’ll work to get you the money. It doesn’t matter how hard the job is or how many years I have to work to earn that money to give to you, but I’d rather suffer like that then have my family suffer. I want to at least make sure that they have a roof over their head, a place to sleep, and food to eat. So please, don’t take this house away, give permission for Haneul to come back, and make me work for you instead to get you the money.”

We all went quiet and the silence ate us.

“Jung Taekwoon,” mother started, “I’m sorry. It was because of me. I heard rumours about you and Haneul. Many people are saying that you don’t love her. You make her work day and night without rest. I guess I should’ve asked the both of you for your answers first. Only the both of you would know. It’s your life. I’ll make sure to ask before I act next time.”

My eyes lit up and I smiled, a big one this time.

“Thank you mother!”

I stood up and bowed to her.

“Thank you! Thank you father! Thank you!”

Tears formed in my eyes and they stood up to stop me from bowing.

“Hey, don’t be like this,” mother said.

“Thank you.”

“We’re very sorry,” father said.

I shook my head.

“It’s okay. You just wanted what’s best for your daughter.”

“Tell her we’re sorry. Tell her we’re too embarrassed to see her.”

I shook my head.

“You should see her and tell her.”

They shook their head.

“We have to go to somewhere and won’t be home until midnight. She’s in her room probably lying down on her bed. She’s going to be all alone tonight so go to her,” father said.

“Ever since the day we came to pick her up, she stopped eating, she stopped being active, she stopped everything. We’re very worried about her. Go fix her will you,” mother said.

I nodded my head.

“You better go now, it’s almost dawn.”

I nodded my head and left.

I parked my car in their driveway and quickly got out of the car.

If I remembered correctly her room should be on the first floor and to the left of the house. Her curtains were yellow with mini white flowers on it. Ah! Right here. I stood in front of it and peeked inside. There she was lying on her bed.

For once, even though it has before, my heart was beating so loudly and fast that I thought I was going to have a hard attack. I took a deep breath and knocked on the window. She lifted her head, but put it back down on her pillow. She heard me, but she didn’t see me. I knocked on the window again and this time, I saw her getting up from her bed and came over to me.

She looked so skinny, so fragile. I wanted to pull her into my embrace and hold her. I wanted to tell her that everything is going to be fine now.

When she lifted her head up our eyes met. Her eyes widen and she looked like she froze. Maybe not, her hand lifted up and touched the glass.

I tapped on the window again and she refocused. I motioned her to open the window which she did so I climbed in and entered her room.

“Hi.” I said breathless from climbing over the window.

She doesn’t say anything, but looked at me as if I was going to disappear.

“Have you been well?”

“What are you doing here,” she finally said.

“I said I’d come get you.”

“And you’re coming now? My parent’s aren’t home.”

“I know I called them.”

“And what did they say?”

I wanted to tell her, but the other side of me wanted to have fun with her. It’s been so long since I’ve seen her.

“They didn’t approve.”

“Have you been well,” she asked changing the subject.

Probably because she didn’t like the answer I gave her.

“You’ve been eating your meals right? And how’s the house? Have you been cleaning it? There are no dishes stack in the sink?”

I looked at her. She’s been worrying about me and the house when she should be worrying about herself.

“And you’re sleeping well?”

“How have you been?” I asked and she looked away.

Did she not want to look at me or did she not want to answer my question?

“You haven’t been eating right? You look really skinny. Your eyes look puffy. You look weak and fragile.”

I walked closer to her and with all my determination I took her hands into mine.

They felt skinnier, even more fragile than before, but I’m glad I finally got to hold her again. I’ve missed this. I’ve missed her and I bet she’s missed me.

“Leo, my parent’s aren’t home and you can’t talk to them,” she said, and I could see the tears forming in her eyes, “so I suggest you leave and come again later. I don’t want them to get the wrong idea.”

“No.” I shook my head..

“Leo, I don’t want us to be separated any further than this.”

A tear fell down her eyes.

I know she doesn’t know that I’m playing with her, but why do I feel like she’s pushing me away?

“Are you trying to push me away?”

“No! I just don’t want them to get the wrong idea,” she said crying this time. “Leo, you’re hurting me.”

I didn’t even notice that my grip on her hands were getting tighter by the minute, but I couldn’t stop myself. My grip kept getting tighter and tighter.

“Leo.”

She was struggling to get out of my grip, but again I couldn’t stop myself from tightening it.

“Jung Leo!” She continued to struggle. “Jung TaekWoon!”

Hearing my real name, my grip loosened a little.

My mouth opened to tell her not to call me that, but then I remembered what I said.

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me by my name?” I asked pretending to be angry.

“Well, if you’d listen to me than I wouldn't have to,” she said irritated.

I walked closer to her to close the gap between us..

“Say my name again.”

She looked at me weird.

“You just told me not to.”

“Again.”

“Jung TaekWoon,” she whispered.

“Again.” I said closing the gap even more as I started to tilt my head down to her level.

“Jung TaekWoon,” she said louder this time.

“Again.” I said as I leaned in some more.

Jung TaekWoon, what are you doing right now?

“Jung TaekWoon.”

“Again.”

“Jung Taek~”

And just like that there was no longer a gap between us.

I closed my eyes and my hands slid into hers and our fingers interlocked together. I pulled her closer to me and tilted my head to the side bringing her even closer than ever to me. With this kiss, I told her that I loved her, I missed her, I’ll cherish her, I’ll love her for now and forever, no one is going to ever replace her from me. I just hope she understood what I’m telling her with this kiss.

My heart was in  a race and I could feel hers running the same race that I was in. I’m so happy right now. I don’t want this to end. I want to be in this moment forever, but time doesn’t stop like we want it to.

I broke the kiss and rested my forehead on hers as my eyes were still closed savoring the  moment. When I did open them, her eyes were already opened. She was breathless and so was I.

“Cho Haneul,” I said breaking the silence between us.

I mentally took a deep breath and said the three words that I couldn’t tell her then, but could tell her now.

“I love you. Will you go home with me?”

“But my parents,” she said as if life has been out of her.

“I’ll take care of that.” I said as I cupped her warm cheeks.

“But,”

“Shh.” I smiled. “Let’s go home.”

“Leo.”

“TaekWoon. Call me that instead.”

She looked at me confused.

“Pack your stuff and lets go.”

“But,”

“Trust me okay?”

 

When we got home, Haneul was looking around the house as if she was expecting it to be so dirty that she has to clean it up, but a smile came across her face and a smile came across my face. She knows that I’ll help her. She just has to asks.

I closed the door behind us and took her luggage with me as I climbed the stairs.

“Leo, uh I mean, TaekWoon.”

I stopped mid step and turned around. I waited for her to continue.

“I think it’ll be best if you took me home again. Mom said if I came back here she’d come get me no matter what.”

I walked down the stairs and placed the luggage beside the steps before I walked over to her.

“Don’t you trust me?”

“I do. But I don’t want us to be separated any further than this.”

She looked so worried and sad that I pulled her into my embrace and comforted her.

“We won’t be separated anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

“I talked to them. They said they were sorry. They won’t bother us anymore. They’re embarrassed because of the actions that they’ve made. It was painful to see you locked up in your room. You didn’t eat, you didn’t sleep, and you weren’t being active. They were worried about you.”

And finally, she hugged me back.

“I’ve been worried about you too.” I said.

“Thank you.”

There was silence, but this silence felt nice. The only thing I could here was our heartbeats and I loved it.

“Cho Haneul.” I said breaking the silence, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I smiled hearing those words from her.

I broke the hug and cupped her cheeks making her look at me in the eyes.

“I promise you I will be a better husband to you from now on. I know I have a lot of flaws and I’m trying to fix them. If you would just bare with me I promise I’ll give you everything that I couldn’t give you in the past and give them to you now.”

She smiled and shook her head.

“You were always the best for me. You’re the most amazing husband I’ve ever had. You’re the only one for me in this world. You don’t have to change at all. I like the old you. You don’t have to change yourself just so I can be by your side because no matter what I’ll always be by you.”

My heart skipped so many beats that I thought I was going to die right here right now, but I’d be happy because Haneul is back.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head to the side before I took her lips once more while my hands slipped around her petite body and pulled her closer to me. She hooked her arms around my neck and pulled me in as well making me smile.

After all we’ve been through I finally know my heart. I finally found the one I love. The one I want to spend my whole life with. My love: Cho Haneul.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a long time again, but how was this chapter? Good? Great? Amazing?

I want to thank my new subscribers, commentors, and upvoters. Because of you I want to update and keeping going. Thank you very much! I really REALLY appreciate it! ^^

 

tumblr_mic65e5zIH1rbbgu3o1_500_large.gif