Four

My Love

“Are you okay.” I asked her for who knows how many times, but I could careless about how many times that I’ve asked her, all that’s important is if nothing had happened to her.

“I’m fine,” she said,

“Did he do anything to you?”

She shook her head. “I’m fine he barely touched me.”

I believed her, but I was still worried. I had to check her if she was really okay.

“Leo, I’m fine,” she said again.

“I’m never going to trust those guys ever again.”

“Where were they by the way?”

“HakYeon said they saw a food stall and when they came back you were gone.”

I stopped examining her because my fingers curled into a fist.

“Hey,” she said caressing my fist. “It’s okay everything's okay now.”

And with her touch my heart felt at ease again. All because of her, only Cho Haneul can have this effect on me, but I was still a little riled up. “How can you be so calm right now?”

“Because I’m okay. Nothing happened.”

“Aren’t you scared this might happen again?”

“Of course.”

If she is than why is she saying that everything is okay?

I couldn’t help but rolled my eyes and lie back on the couch. My eyes drifted away from her and I stared at something else as I tried to subside my anger.

We were both quiet for a moment then she asked, “How did you know where to find me?”

I thought for a while on how I should tell her this. Should I just tell her?

Remember when you couldn’t find your phone at all two weeks ago? Yeah, I stole it and installed a GPS on there.

“GPS,” I said after a long pause.

“GPS?”

“I got a GPS tracker on your phone.”

“When?”

I finally turned my head so my eyes could see her. Wow, she looked beautiful

“I don’t remember. Like two weeks ago.” I said so she wouldn’t be that suspicious.

“You mean that day when I couldn’t find my phone at all?”

I nodded my head and just looked at her.

She was quiet for a moment then a smile slowly came across her face.

“Thank you.”

We both just looked at each other for a moment in awkward silence.

Should I say something? I feel like I should say something. Let’s say something.

But before I could even get my mouth to open she leaned in and hugged me. She felt so warm and looked so fragile. I wanted to so much wrap my arms around her as well, but I felt awkward doing so so I just sat there and let her hug me by herself.

“Thank you,” she said again as she broke the hug.

“Did you make something,” she asked all of a sudden.

“Oh yeah.” I totally forgot about my dinner plans. “Stay here.”

I walked into the kitchen and saw everything was exactly where I left it. I quickly heated everything up and set the table for two.

I hope she likes the spaghetti.

I walked back to the living room and saw Haneul sitting back on the couch looking relaxed.

“Okay, you can come in now.”

She raised her head and looked over at me with a smile before she came into the kitchen with me. There, she stopped walking mid step and looked at the table in awe.

She likes it. Fantastic.

“You made this,” she asked looking at me.

“Wash your hands.” I said as I went to do so myself and she followed me.

As we were both done I walked over to her chair first and pulled it out for her signalling for her to take a seat which she did.

“Thank you.”

I don’t say anything to her, but went to sit in my seat which was across from hers.

She probably couldn’t tell, but my heart was beating so rapidly right now. This was the first time that I’ve done something like this and I was a little scared that she wouldn’t like her, but her reaction just now made my hopes go up. She loves it and I can tell it by her eyes. She’s satisfied and so am I.

“This is why I asked the guys to take you out. I wanted to make something special for you to thank you for paying my parents trip, taking care of me last night, cleaning the house, for putting up with me … and everything else. I promise you I’ll repay you back somehow.”

She smiled. That smile that I’ve come to love.

“You’re welcome. But you didn’t have to go through so much trouble just to thank me. A simple thank you would be enough. You also don’t have to repay me. What you’re doing now is enough repayment.”

Those words were very sweet and I’m grateful for what she had said, but I still felt a little uncomfortable towards her.

“I’m still very grateful. I’ll enjoy this. Thank you,” she said before she picked up the chopsticks. “I’ll eat first.”

I nodded and watched her go for her first bite.

I could tell that her face lit up.

“This is very good,” she said after swallowing, “thank you.”

She looked at me full of happiness which made me fill with happiness. I looked down and smiled.

“Eat,” she said and I lifted my head. She motioned for me to eat and so I did.

That night we slept together again. On the same bed. It felt so warm and complete to be with her, not just on the bed, but everyday with her. I feel complete. I hope we can stay together forever.

We kept our distance, but I still felt complete knowing that she was by my side safe and sound.

I was in dreamland dreaming about nothing when I heard the pipes of the water running. I sat up and looked beside me before I scanned the room.

Is Haneul taking another shower?

After minutes, the pipes went quiet. I got up and walked to the bathroom waiting outside for Haneul to come out. When she did I could tell that she felt horrible just by the look on her face.

“What are you doing this late at night?” I asked my voice calm.

“I… I was taking a shower.” She wiped her face with the towel.

“You took one already before we went to bed.”

“I felt dirty.”

I knew exactly what she meant by that. She shouldn’t feel like this. What happened was in the past and whatever happened, even if it didn’t happen, I still loved her for who she was. It doesn’t matter what she was or what she is, I’m in love with her and that’s all that matters.

I extended my hand out to her and pulled her into my arms. I caressed her as she quietly sobbed. I her hair letting her cry. If this is what she wants then I’ll be here. I’ll lend her my shoulder. I’ll let her cry her worries away. I’ll be here for her no matter what.

That morning I woke up earlier than usual to make breakfast. Haneul looked so miserable last night that I wanted to cheer her up somehow.

I went to the bathroom and washed up before I went into the kitchen and started to cook. As I finished up everything else I then started to go make the eggs. I heated up the oil in the pan and then cracked the eggs into the pan and started to fry them. Once I was done I turned off the stove and turned around with the pan handle in my hand. I saw Haneul standing a few feet away from me in awe. I didn’t react instead poured the eggs into the plates that was waiting to be filled.

I was waiting for her to say something since she was always the one who started the conversations, but this time she wasn’t saying anything.

“I know you’re not feeling to well so I made breakfast.” I said.

“Thank you,” she said grateful.

I set the pan down on the stove and walked over to her to pull out her chair.

“You didn’t have to,” she said as she sat down.

After she did I did as well, across from her.

After we finished breakfast, Haneul was washing and rinsing the dishes while I dried them and put them away in their appropriate spots in the cabinets. As I was doing so I heard the water being turned off. She was probably done and so was I. I only had a bowl left to dry then I was done. I put the bowl in my hand away and picked up the last bowl to dry it, but as I was doing so I felt a finger touching my side. I turned around and saw Haneul in front of me. I thought she wanted to say something.

“What are you doing?”

“Uh. You had a fuzz on your shirt and I just wanted to get it for you.”

I know she wanted something else and made that as an excuse, but I shrugged it off and went back to what I was doing.

After I got done I went up stairs and sat in bed to read a book. As I was doing so Haneul came in with a laundry basket and started to gather our dirty clothes.

As she was doing so she said, “Leo?”

I don’t answer because I know she knows that I’ve heard her.

“Are you ticklish?”

That’s why she poked me? Funny.

“Only some parts.” I replied.

“Oh.”

I closed my book and looked at her.

“Is that why you poked me this morning?”

“No, you had a fuzz on you and I was just getting it for you.”

Again with that excuse.

She walked out of the room with her cheeks flaming with the color red..

How cute.

I sat their for a couple of seconds before I got out of bed and followed her to the laundry room. She was putting the clothes into the washing machine and so I approached her the way she did this morning.

“What are you doing,” she asked jumping.

“You had a fuzz on your shirt so I just wanted to help you by getting it.” I said using her words against her.

“Thank you.” She said and awkwardly started to put the laundry into the washing machine again.

Without another thought I reach my hand over to her sides and started to tickle her. She started to laugh and bend over as she tried to pry my hands off of her.

“Stop!!!” She shouted, “ahh!!!!”

But I continued.

She turned around and tried to pry my hands of of her still. She laughed and shouted. It looked like she was enjoying it. Was she? She looked so happy though. A smile crept on my face.

“Jung TaekWoon!”

That was like a trigger. I stopped my actions and looked down at her.

“What?”

She took my hands off of her.

I know she knows what I’m going to say.

“Uh, Leo?”

“What did you call me just now?”

“Jung TaekWoon,” she whispered and looked away.

“I thought I told you not to call me that.”

“You did.” She said looking back at me and this time straight to my eyes.

I looked into hers too, brown, her shade. They looked so innocent and pure.

“I’m sorry.” She said as she clasped her hands together looking down.

“I only let the others go because you were in danger,” I said as I took a step closer to her. “but this time I won’t let it go.” I took another step and she took a step back. We continued to do that until she approached the washing machine and couldn’t go anywhere anymore. I, on the other hand, continued walking towards her and leaned on her until there was just enough space for a little bit of air to go between us.

She avoided my eyes and looked away. Not only that she tried to run away, but I extended my hand and trapped her.

“You’re going to get a punishment,” I said as I leaned in towards her.

What am I saying? What am I doing? I’ve never done this before. Because of you, Cho Haneul, I’m changing.

I continued to lean in. My mind was going to go blank and my heart was beating so wildly that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Jung TaekWoon, stop it! You’re going to regret this if you continue this. Stop!

When our lips were centimeters away my head diverted to her ears instead.

“You’re only going to make me lunch. You can have my left overs but that’s it. You can’t make your own lunch.”

And with that I walked away.

I bet my cheeks and ears are so red right now. I took a deep breath and looked down as I walked up the stairs.

Jung TaekWoon, what was that? That was so stupid of you.

After a couple of hours past I was still in our room reading the book I was reading earlier today when all of a sudden I heard Haneul opening the door.

“Mom. Dad. What are you doing here,” I heard Haneul asks.

“We came here to visit you, honey,” mom said.

“Where did your in laws go,” father asked as the door was being closed.

“They went on vacation. Please sit. I’m still making lunch for Leo so I’ll be right back.”

“Leo,” mother asked.

“Oh, just a little nickname I like to call TaekWoon.”

Mom and dad doesn’t know that Haneul can only call me by that name and nothing else. I feel bad for making Haneul call me that now.

I placed the book on the desk and headed downstairs to see that mom and dad were sitting on the couch waiting for Haneul to come back.

“Hello there, mom and dad,” I greeted them as I took a seat on another couch. “Have you been well,” I asked them with a smile.

“Great thank you,” dad replied.

“Is Haneul making lunch?”

“She is,” dad said with a warm smile.

“What was that she called you? Leo,” mom asked

“Oh,” my head was slowly falling in shame. “It’s a nickname that she calls me by.”

“Leo, lunch is ready.”

I looked up and didn’t even notice that Haneul came back. Then, I smiled to her parents and got up to go to the kitchen.

As I walked in, different plates of food was welcoming me with their mouth watering smell. I sat down and took a bite out of it. As soon as the food made contact with my tongue the flavors burst and I wanted to have more when I heard: “Did you eat already?” Haneul asked her parents.

“We ate already,” father said.

“Why aren’t you eating,” mother asked, “did you eat already?”

“Oh, Leo and I played a game and the punishment was for the loser to eat the leftovers of the winners lunch and I lost.”

“What kind of man would do that to his wife?”

I placed the chopsticks down. I felt horrible. How could I have said that? I wish I had a time machine right now.

“Mom, it’s okay. I’m not even that hungry.”

She’s lying.

I got up and walked back to the living room to see mom lecturing Haneul.

“He’s going to eat everything. I know men. I live with one and they eat a lot.”

“Mom.”

“Haneul,” I said not wanting to hear anymore. Also, I barely ate. She can eat what I didn’t and be full. I can starve for my punishment.

“Excuse me,” she told her parents, “Leo’s calling for me.”

She got up and walked over to me.

“Is something wrong,” she asked.

“I’m done eating you can eat now.”

“Already?”

I don’t say anything and walked back to her parent’s.

“You must miss Haneul very much,” I said starting a conversation.

“We keep ourselves busy, so we tend to forget that she’s not home anymore,” father said.

“That is why we’re here to pick up Haneul so she can visit us for the next few days,” mother said. “I hope that is okay with you.”

“It is mother.”

“You won’t go with us though. Don’t get me wrong, but I just want to spend time with my precious daughter for the time being.”

I nodded my head in understanding.

“Excuse me,” mother said as she got up to walk to the kitchen.

Later that day I walked into our room to see that Haneul was folding up her clothes and putting them into her suitcase. I don’t say anything and sat on the bed watching her every step.

“Mom and dad said you were going to go live with them for a couple of days?”

“Yes. Mom told me she wanted to spend time with me.”

I don’t say anything.

“And you’re not going.”

“I’ve heard.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Have fun. Hurry back.” I said trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

She nodded and smiled. “Alright.”

Everything’ll be fine. She’s only gone for a couple of days. But how come it feels like she’ll be gone forever?

“Leo?”

I don’t answer, but then again I knew that she knew I heard her.

“Did you not eat your lunch at all? It looked like you barely touched your food.”

“The taste was really bad. I didn’t like it.” I lied.

Your food was delicious.

“Oh.” She frowned and I felt more sadness overcoming me. “I’m sorry. If you want to I can go make something again.”

“No.”

“Okay.” She looked away with sadness in her eyes and I felt sorry for her.

 

“Come on honey,” mother called for Haneul.

“Coming!”

I walked up the stairs and into our room to see that Haneul was still getting her purse ready

“Mom and dad are waiting for you,” I said. “You shouldn’t make them wait for too long.”

“I’m ready,” she said flinging her purse on.

I felt my eyes getting a little teary so I turned and started to walk away when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Haneul walking towards me. It seemed like she wanted to say something, but instead she wrapped her arms around me.

She felt so warm. I took a deep breath. She smelt wonderful. I’m going to miss this, I’m going to miss her. Everything about her.

I didn’t know what to do so I wrapped my arms around her as well, but awkwardly. I don’t usually express my feelings and do these kind of actions. This was the first time that I’ve done this. I hope I can say those three words to her: I love you. But I can’t.

“Haneul.”

We broke the hug and looked to where the voice came from. Mom.

“Hurry.”

“Coming.”

Mother left and I looked down to Haneul who was also looking down.

“Be sure to wake up early to eat breakfast. Make sure to eat lunch and dinner too. Wash the dishes after you get done eating so the rice won’t stick onto the plates. Sleep early. Exercise too. Take care of yourself make sure you don’t get any cuts okay? It could lead to an infection. Don’t get a fever again because I won’t be here to take care of you.”

I nodded my head.

She started to walk away and I followed her.

I stood on the doorstep and watched as they all headed for the car. Mother got in, father got in, but Haneul came running back to me.

“The laundry. I forgot about the laundry. It’s still in the washer,” she said breathless as she approached me

“Cho Haneul,” mother yelled.

“Go, I’ll dry and hang them.”

“Make sure you read the labels before you dry them. Some you have to hang dry. The others should be tumble dry only so you can dry them however you’d like them to be dried.”

I nodded my head.

“Bye.”

She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers. For the first time we held each others gaze as if we were going to be separated forever.

“Cho Haneul!”

“You better go,” I said breaking our gaze.

“Yeah.”

She hugged me once again and left. She got into the car and looked out the window as the car drove off into the distance.

I sighed and walked inside closing the door behind me. I walked over to the couch and sat down.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Two updates in a row!! ^-^ Thank you for my new subscribers and commentors! I really love you guys even my slient readers! You guys are the reason that I update! Love you! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥