Three

My Love

That morning when I woke up I still felt Haneul in my arms. My eyes were still closed, but I could smell her. She smelled like coconut and herself, which I loved. I took in a deep breath and pulled her closer to me. A smile crept on my face and all I wanted to do was stay in this moment forever. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw my sleeping Haneul. She looked so peaceful, so calm, and so quiet. I started to observe her: her closed eyes with those long lashes, her cute little nose, her pink cheeks, and her lips her pink plump kissable lips. Slowly I started to lean in towards her and my eyes slowly started to close again. I wanted to stop myself, but my body wouldn’t listen to me. I leaned in more and more until it felt like we were just millimeters away when all of a sudden I felt her moving. Immediately I stopped my actions and just lied there very still. I didn’t want her to know that I was awake and worse I didn’t want her to know that I was just about to kiss her. That’ll be very embarrassing. I felt her stretch and lied still for a couple of seconds before she got up and headed out of the room. As soon as I heard the door being closed my eyes opened and I sighed.

That was way too close.

After breakfast Haneul was washing, rinsing, drying, and putting the dishes away. I usually helped her, but I had something more important to do.

“Hello?”

“HakYeon, what are you doing today?”

“I’m just going to hang out with the boys today. Why is there something you need?”

“I have a favor to ask of you.”

“Yes?”

“Take Haneul out today.”

“What?”

“Don’t make me repeat myself.”

“Why? Did you guys fight?”

“No, I want,” I paused. How am I supposed to explain this to him? I closed my eyes and sighed. “I want to make Haneul a thank you dinner for everything that she’s done. And you’re the only people that I trust to be with her.”

“Oh! Jung Leo, you’re finally opening up to her!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Are you going to take her out today or not?”

“For you, anything.”

“Fantastic. Be here in thirty minutes.” And with that I hung up.

I took another deep breath and slowly made my way to the kitchen trying to think of a way to make Haneul go out today with HakYeon and the guys. As I approached the kitchen I saw Haneul wiping the last dish. I sighed and took another step in.

“Are you done,” I asked her.

“Yeah,” she said as she was putting the last dish away.

“Okay. HakYeon will be here soon.” I said before I turned to walk away. I didn’t know how to say it any other way so it just came out like that.

“Wait, Leo,” she said making me stop in my tracks. “I said I didn’t want to go out today.”

You have to. No matter what you have to go. I started to start walking again and ignored her.

“Jung Leo,” she said, “Leo.”

I stopped my tracks again and felt her bumped into me.

I didn’t mean to do that. I hope she’s okay.

“I said I didn’t want to go.”

I turned around and gave her a look.

I need to make an excuse now!

“Last night,” I started.

What about last night?

“What did you call me?” Right I can use this on her so she would go out today.

“Huh?”

“Jung TaekWoon? I thought that was the first thing I told you: don’t call me by my name.”

“Oh, that.” She bit her lips and looked down. She actually looked very cute when she did that “I’m very sorry.”

I smiled, but on the inside.

“Since it was your first time I’ll let it go, but if you ever call me by my name again you’ll never see the end of me. Alright?”

She nodded and avoided me.

I started to walk off again and when I was climbing the stairs she called out my name again and ran after me once more.

“Wait!”

I entered our bedroom with her following me.

“I still don’t want to go out,” she said as I lied down on the bed and took out my phone so it looked like I was doing something.

“You have to.”

“But I don’t want to.”

“This is payback for calling me by my name.”

She paused for a while.

“Fine.”

She walked out of the room so I put my phone down and sighed.

She sounded upset, but she won’t be for long.

It’s been at least thirty minutes and still I didn’t hear a single vehicle roaring.

Where are those guys?

I looked out the window and saw nothing, but trees, houses, and cars that were parked. I sighed and combed my fingers through my hair.

What is Haneul doing? She’s been very quiet.

Finally, I heard a car coming our way so I turned to my left and saw HakYeon’s car coming. It turned and parked in our driveway. He turned off his engine and got out of his car before he came walking up to the door and knocked on it. I walked over to our bed and sat down before I listened and heard Haneul’s footsteps going to answer the door.

“Hi, Mrs.Jung,” I heard HakYeon greeted. “Ready to go?”

“Hey,” Haneul said. “Yes.”

And with that they left. Finally, I’m alone and can finally get started.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see plenty of food on the table and a note sitting next to one of the plates that held sandwiches. I walked over to it and read: I thought I’d make you lunch. When I get back I’ll make dinner. Enjoy.

A small smile came across my face and I sat the note down  

I’m so grateful to have her as my wife.

 

I changed my clothes, grabbed my keys and wallet, and headed out the door into my car. I drove off and headed for the market.

Is there anything that Haneul would like to eat?

I asked myself that question, but I knew the answer. I never asked and she hasn’t told me. I don’t even know what she likes to eat.

What should I make that will be to her liking?

Spaghetti! Everyone likes spaghetti right? I’ll just make that. Yeah.

And so I bought what I needed, paid for it, and headed home again.

Once I reached home I got right to business.

It’s been at least an hour and I’m almost done. All I have to do now is a taste test. I dipped the wooden spoon into the sauce and brought it back out before I dipped my pointer finger to the sauce that stuck to the spoon and tasted it. Perfect. I dropped the wooden spoon into the sink and went to gather all the other things that I used into the sink so I could wash it. After that was done I wiped my hands and went to pick out two plates for the both of us to use. As I was doing so my phone suddenly rings. I took it out and HakYeon’s name came out white and clear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“TaekWoon ah, Haneul disappeared!”

My heart stopped beating for a bit.

“What?”

“She went to use the bathroom and we were waiting for her until we saw a food stall. When we came back she was nowhere to be found.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to hold in my anger.

“How could you do this? I trusted you.”

“I’m sorry, TaekWoon ah. We’re sorry.”

“Don’t turn off your phones. Make sure to have them by your side at all times and answer them whenever I contact you. Don’t dare take your eyes off of them understand?” I asked after a pause.

“Yes, sir. Understood.”

I turned off my phone and immediately went to my phone tracker. I clicked on Haneul’s name and immediately my phone started to track her phone. After a few seconds of loading the answer came out.

She’s in Gangnam.

I raced down the highway passing every yellow light and took every shortcut possible.

I don’t care what I’m doing right now. All I care for was Haneul. Is she safe? Who kidnapped her? Why would they do such thing?

“TaekWoon ah, slow down,” HakYeon, who sat next to me, said. “We know you’re worried about her, but you’re going pass the speed limit.”

“Yeah, please slow down, TaekWoon,” Sang Hyuk, who was also in the car, said.

The others were in another car following me.

But I could careless. I wanted to meet her and now.

We reached a house that looked like a mansion and parked our cars right in front of it. We all got out and walked to the gates that locked us out.

“How do we get in,” Jae Hwan asked.

“We can’t ring the doorbell. Even if we do they won’t let us in,” HongBin said.

“We could always climb over the gates,” WonSik said, and that was the smartest thing he has ever said.

Suddenly, a girls scream could be heard and I knew exactly who it was: Cho Haneul.

Without a second  thought I did as WonSik said I climbed over the gates.

“Hey,” everyone shouted. “What are you doing?”

“Are you crazy,” HakYeon asked.

I jumped over to the other side and opened the gates for them.

“Yes.” I said before I turned around and started to running towards the house with the guys following right behind me.

Before we could reach Haneul, we ran to some guys that we had to beat off first.

I felt like I was in a movie, but I’m here to save my wife.

I threw a punch here and there and the guys came in to help. When I knew that they’ve got each other’s back I ran to find my wife.

I came across a door and there I saw Haneul squirming under a guy. She was screaming, crying, and calling out my name asking for me to help. And that’s exactly what I did. I ran to there side before I grabbed the guys face and punched him. I pulled him off of Haneul and started to beat him with repetitive punches. He fell to the ground and I got on top of him.

I couldn’t stop myself. I felt anger and jealousy coming over me, mostly anger. Finally, I stopped myself somehow and got off of him. The guys ran in and over to my side.

“We called the cops they’re coming very soon,” HakYeon said.

I could only reply with heavy breathing.

They picked up the guy and headed out of the room.

I turned to see that Haneul was curled up in a ball on the bed. She looked so fragile. I went to her side and put my hand on her shoulder trying to turn her over, but as I did so she started to scream and cry again, though she did turned her body to face me. She started to hit me and move frantically. I grabbed a hold of her arms, but she, no matter what, didn’t stop her squirming and screaming.

“Cho Haneul! Cho Haneul it’s me TaekWoon!”

I don’t think she heard me since she didn’t stop her actions.

“It’s me! TaekWoon!”

Finally she stopped, but she still shook in fear, and slowly opened her eyes. When her eyes met mine tears formed in hers. I could tell within her eyes that she was glad to see me, she was glad that I was here to save her. She sat up and cried my name.

“TaekWoon.” And fell into my arms.

Though I should be mad at her for calling out my real name, I couldn’t do anything about it. She wanted me, she needed me to be by her side and this was not the time to get mad over such a silly thing.

I took her home and made sure she was okay.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but how's this update? Do you guys like it? Remember to comment, subsrcibe, and update!! ^^

 

 

dPFnaRy.gif