One

My Love

There she was, my wife, who was walking down the aisle in her white wedding dress holding her bouquet of flowers. She was walking beside her father and was beautiful. I’ve never seen anyone or anything as beautiful as her and she was going to be my wife. Mine. All mine. I’m not worthy to be with her, but yet I’m going to be with her. How? My parent’s and her parents somehow met and now we’re here after a blind date. In that date she was very cute. Her gestures were cute, her laughter was cute, her voice was cute, her sneezes were cute, everything about her was perfect. She came from a rich family of course and I came from a poor. I never thought that,I, someone who lived at the dirty part of town would marry someone from the rich part of town. Because of her, my parents and I moved into a better town and a better house. We lived in a trailer before this and that was small. The living room, kitchen, and bedrooms were in one room. The only separated room we had in that house was the bathroom. But now we’re moving into a house that was twice that size with twice the bedrooms and I’m going to live in it with her. I don’t really know how to feel about this, but I’m grateful.

    They finally approached me and Mr. Cho gave me his daughter's hand. He smiled and I took her hand into mine.

    The priest said his words and we bowed to the audience after his words were over.

 

    “Have a nice trip,” I heard her say.

    I walked over to her and saw mom and dad going into their car.

“See you soon! Have fun.” I said.

Haneul, my wife, looked at me, but I ignored her eyes.

It’s been two months since we’ve been together. She shows me affections, but I don’t show any back. It’s not that I don’t like her I do. Actually I’ve grown to love her, but I’m not that person to show my feelings. I get embarrassed and would rather keep to myself.

My parents left and I left. I headed up the stairs when I heard her called out my name. I turned around and waited for her to go on.

“Are you hungry?”

I shook my head and headed upstairs to our bedroom. I closed the door and went to sit on the bed.

Since mom and dad are gone, what am I going to do? I’ve never been alone with Haneul  before and now I have to be alone with her for at least a month.

I sighed and lied down.

I turned my head to the window and noticed that the sun was ready to set. I got up and went to look out the window. The scenery was breathtaking. I looked over at the clock: 5:12 pm. I walked over to the desk that was to the right of the bed and grabbed a book. I crawled back into bed and started reading. I only read about a page and a half when I heard a knock on the door.

“Leo?” I decided not to answer. “Leo?” Another knock could be heard. “Leo?” She opened the door, but I didn’t dare lift my head. “Are you hungry?” I shook my head. “You sure?” I nodded and continued to read on. “Since mom and dad are out I can go sleep in the other room now.” I nodded my head once more. She closed the door and left me alone once again.

It’s 7:23 pm right now. I wonder what she’s doing. It’s been very quiet.

I got out of bed and grabbed a towel before I left the room. I heard a scream and walked over to the steps and peeked over the stairs to see that Haneul was watching a horror movie alone. Wow, she’s braver than I thought. I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. After that I changed into my pajamas and headed to dream land.

 

What time is it? I wanted to know, but was too lazy to search for the clock in this darkness. However, I felt something or someone crawling up in bed with me. I turned my head and saw Haneul lying down next to me. My heart increased a little, but I showed nothing.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in my sleepy voice.

“I’m scared.”

“Of what?”

“I thought I kept hearing weird noises and something crawling on me.”

So she’s actually not that brave.

I said nothing else and went back to sleep. All of a sudden I felt the weight next to me being lifted so I opened my eyes and saw that she was nowhere insight. I looked over the edge of the bed and saw her sleeping on the ground; the spot where I would usually sleep when my parents were home.

“What are you doing?”

“Sleeping.”

“On the ground?”

“Well, I thought that you didn’t want me to,” she stopped mid sentence and climbed into bed once more. I’m not sure what made her do that. Was it my attitude? But anyway, she climbed into bed with me once again only this time she slept near the edge. Was she scared of me or what? I didn’t think much of it and headed to dream land once more.

 

Later that night as I suddenly heard a loud thump I woke up immediately and looked around. Haneul was nowhere insight. I looked over the edge of the bed again and saw Haneul sleeping on the ground again.

She fell off the bed. That silly girl. And she isn’t even awake.

I got up and climbed out of bed before I bent down and carried her to the bed. I placed her where I was earlier and fixed the blanket on her before crawling into bed with her.

There was only one pillow and one blanket since she took hers to the other room so we had no choice, but to share. I mean I could go get her pillow and blanket, but I’m too tired so instead we’re going to share what we have. Finally I can go to sleep again.

 

I was awake, but my eyes were still closed. Why did I wake up? What woke me up? I felt something squirming in my arms. I opened my eyes a little and there she was facing me.The first thing I noticed was her bed hair; that made her cuter. Her lashes were longer than I thought, her lips were a little dry, but they still looked pink and plump. Even with everything that I just named off I still wanted to sleep. I closed my eyes again, but she started to get up.

“What are you doing?” I asked still sleepy.

“Me,” she asked pointing to her face.

I waited for her to continue.

“I wanted to get out of bed, but your grip is too tight.”

I didn’t even notice that my arms were around her petite waist. I let go of her and lied on my back before I headed back to dreamland.

I was still in dreamland when all of a sudden I heard my phone ringing. It rang so loud that I thought the whole world was going to shatter into tiny little pieces. I got out of bed and walked, like a zombie, over to the desk before I picked up my phone.

“Hello,” I said half awake half asleep.

“Are you still sleeping,” Jae Hwan asked me a little too loud.

“What do you want?” I asked walking over to the bed to sit down.

“Let’s go out today.”

“Am I your girlfriend or something?”

“You’re mean when you’re tired. Come on everyone is going.”

“Fine,” I said after a pause, “give me twenty five minutes.”

“Yeah! Hurry. Unless you want HakYeon to lecture you.”

I hung up and threw my phone onto the bed before going to the bathroom to wash up. After that I went into my room to get dressed. I put on my pants then got my phone and shoved it into my back pocket of my pants and finally pulled a shirt over my head. As I was doing so I heard a knock on the door.

“Breakfast is almost ready,” I heard Haneul said.

“I’m going out.” Was all I said before I walked past her.

“Where,” she asked, but like always I didn’t reply. “Are you going to come back?” She followed me down the stairs and I nodded my head.

“In a little while?”

I shook my head.

“Are you going to be out all day?”

I nodded.

“Where are you going?”

“My friends called and wanted to hangout. I’ll be back by five tonight.”

“Five?”

“If anything happens call me.” And with that I left without another word.

I walked over to my car and pressed the drive button before I drove off.

I felt bad for doing that to her. She always wakes up every single morning to make everyone breakfast and today was the first day that she made breakfast for only her and I, but instead I’m going out to meet my friends. I have to repay her somehow.

As I got over to HakYeon’s apartment everyone was ready to go. They were so rowdy though. They shouted, wrestled each other, tried stealing one another’s belongings and they were just being wild animals. They must’ve been bored waiting for me to get here.

“You’re finally here,” HongBin said smiling at me, like he always does.

“Let’s go,” SangHyuk said.

JaeHwan wrapped his arms around WonSik’s neck trapping him and dragged him to the door.

“Stop,” WonSik yelled.

HakYeon was right behind them laughing. “Come on guys stop it.”

“You’re all so childish.” I commented.  

They just laughed and we headed out.

“Has anyone ate yet,” Jae Hwan asked as he drove the car down the road.

“No,” everyone said.

“Let’s go eat then.”

Everyone shouted in excitement and I just sat there. There was one thing and one thing only on my mind right now: how was Haneul doing? Is she safe?

After we ate we went to the karaoke and everyone sang their heart out. After that we went to the arcade and everyone played games and had a wonderful time. Of course I enjoyed this free time too and spending time with the guys. Ever since I got married I haven’t hung out with them. This feels great, but part of my mind was still worrying about Haneul. We walked down the sidewalk and saw a food stall making everyone jump in excitement. They ran to it and paid the lady before they ate their heart out. I did too. But as I was in the midst of it my stomach started to feel weird. I shook the feeling off and started to eat again and after I swallowed my stomach growled.

“HakYeon.” I said as I walked over to his side. “I’m going to the bathroom.”

“Okay. Hurry back,” he said with a smile.

I went to the nearest shop and went directly to their bathroom. I locked the door and looked into the mirror. My lip was so pale. I didn’t have to go, my stomach was just not feeling well. Do I have indigestion?

I exited the bathroom and walked back to the stall and they were still there. I walked back to HakYeon’s side and leaned forward with my left hand resting on my stomach. He noticed and turned to me.

“Are you okay,” he asked me.

“I don’t feel well. My stomach doesn’t feel well.”

“But you just went to the bathroom.”

“It’s not that.”

My stomach growled and I cupped it with my hand bending over even more trying to hold in the pain.

“Do you have indigestion? Maybe you ate too fast?”

I shook my head and felt sweat coming down the side of my face.

“Wait here okay.” He rubbed my back and I nodded my head. “Guys,” he turned to everyone else. “TaekWoon isn’t feeling well so I’m going to go get him some medicine. Take care of him.”

Everyone said okay and HakYeon ran to the closest medicine store.

“Are you okay,” Jae Hwan asked me as he tried holding onto me so I wouldn’t tumble over.

I shook my head.

“Let’s go sit.” He helped me over to a bench and helped me sat down while everyone else thanked the lady and followed us.

“What do we do,” HongBin asked.

“We’re going to have to go home now,” WonSik said, “since TaekWoon isn’t feeling well.”

I could see everyone looking at me worried.

“I’m sorry.” Was all I said.

“Don’t be,” SangHyuk said, “you’re in pain.”

HakYeon came running back and gave me two pills with a bottle of water. I took it and HakYeon told everyone we were going back home. So we did.

JaeHwan took everyone to HakYeon’s apartment then HakYeon took me home. As he parked in our driveway I took off my seatbelt and opened the door ready to get out. He turned off the engine, opened his door before he ran over to my side to help me out.

“Careful.”

I got out and shut the door then we slowly and painfully walked over to the front door.

HakYeon knocked on it and seconds later the door opened revealing Haneul.

She was okay. She’s fine. Nothing happened to her.

“Hi, Mrs. Jung,” he greeted Haneul with a smile.

“Hi,” Haneul greeted him back.

“TaekWoon got indigestion after we went out to eat. I gave him some pills but he looked very pale so I brought him home instead.”

“Oh, thank you.” I could hear worriedness in Haneul’s voice. She stepped aside leaving us space to walk in. “Please come in. You can set him on the couch.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

HakYeon took me inside and we again slowly and painfully walked over to the couch. He sets me down and I leaned on the couch still cupping my stomach.

“Thanks,” I said raspy.

“I’m going to go now. If you need anything your wife is here.”

“You can go now.”

HakYeon smiled and walked over to Haneul once again.

“Thanks for bringing him home. I really appreciate it.”

“No problem. If anything happens just give me a call okay?”

“I will.”

“I’ll get going now, bye.”

I heard the door closed and Haneul walked over to me. She sat down beside me and asked, “Are you okay?”

I nodded my head, but I could tell that she could tell that I was lying. I was in so much pain I could die right now.

I saw her hand extending towards me and then her hand made contact with my forehead.

“I’ll be right back,” she said and left me for a couple of seconds before she came back with a needle. What she did next was painful, but I’m sure it was supposed to help me. She my arm pretty hard, both of them, all the way to the tip of my fingers and then pricked my middle finger. I flinched.  “I’m sorry. This won’t take long.” She did the same thing to my other arm. “There I’m done.”

“Thanks.”

My fingers stung, but I shook off the feeling.

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: First update! Hope everyone is liking it so far! ^^