Sweet Memories II

So Meant To Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

     The next clip was taken after our middle school graduation ceremony. “Baekhyun, _____, how do feel?” His father was behind the camera this time. “I’m so happy! Now, can we go eat?” I asked excitedly. “Don’t you and Baekhyun want to take pictures together?” He asked. “Sure, sure. Where is he anyway? Wasn’t he just here?” I ask, looking around. “Yah! Baekhyun! Get your over here! We can flirt later!” I huffed, physically pulling him away from Chanyeol. “I was not flirting with Yeol!” He whined. “Uncle, how do you want the pictures? Dramatic?” I ask, turning sideways and arching my leg in front of Baekhyun. Everyone at the reception laughs and I cringe in embarrassment. “____, I don’t think that’ll be necessary.” Mr. Byun laughs. “But did you take it though?” I question, obviously unaware of the fact that I was being filmed. “Uh…, yeah, sure.” He responds, laughing. “Dad, get this one too.” Baekhyun says before swiftly scooping me up to my surprise. “Yah! Let me down!” I whine. He laughs, his eyes turning into crescents. “Stop thrashing or you’ll look ugly in the pictures.” Baekhyun says, still grinning. I scoff. “Pu-lease. Me and ugly? Never.” I joke and everyone responds in laughter. “Anything else you two have to say?” Mr. Byun asks, sounding amused.

     “I have something to say. In honor of us finishing eighth grade together, I will be nice. Even though you’re a complete pain in the , you’re my best and closest friend. I love you Baekhyun.” I say, giving him a hug while he still holds me bridal style. His face turns very red before he clears his throat. “I love you too.” He replies before the clip ends. Then more words flash on the screen. “Someone has fallen and it isn’t the bride.” It reads, the words are immediately followed by number of “awe’s”.

     I could tell the slide show was coming to an end as pictures from more recent years began to appear, pictures of our time in high school. I see a ton of pictures that we took together and others that had been taken of us. The smile on my face grew broader before they played the next clip. One that I remembered quite vividly. The video of the night we won our last talent show. Baekhyun sang and played the piano why I performed a lyrical dance to it. We got a standing ovation and ended up winning. As they handed us the trophy, we shared a hug and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. That had been a favorite memory of mine from high school. Again, words flashed across the screen as the clip ended. “A match made in heaven? We think so.”

     I started to tear up a little, seeing our relationship evolve over time. A few more cute pictures popped up onscreen before the next clip started, high school graduation.

     “Can you believe you two have graduated?” My father, this clip’s cameraman, asked. “No, I really can’t believe Baekhyun graduated and with such good grades.” I joke. He pinches my nose. “Of course I did. I’m a genius, did you forget?” He responds. “Genius? Pops, he’s finally lost it.” I say, turning to the camera. He laughs. “Hey, you two, get together so we can get pictures.” I hear Mrs. Byun say in the background. “Auntie, tell Baekhyun to switch so you can get my good side.” I whine. “Oh, hush child. Both sides are the same.” My mom responds. “Got that right.” Baekhyun snorts. I glare. “You two are entirely too old for what’s coming next.” His father laughs. As they flash pictures my father continues to film. “Alright, we are no longer parents of high school students, any last words?” My father asks.

     “I’ll go first. ______, you are an endless pain with unbearable self-confidence. But I love you and we’ll be best friends for the rest of our lives. I wish you nothing but happiness. Let’s make the most of college.” Baekhyun says, smiling down at me. In the video, our parents coo and aww, same as our real time guests. “That was sweet of you. Though you do some insufferable things I don’t approve of, we have experienced a lot together. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like you but I do love you. You’re surprisingly reli

Please log in to read the full chapter