Four

그림의 떡 (A Picture of a Rice Cake)

Pain blossomed across my right cheek, head snapped sideways by the sheer force of Hoseok's fist coming into contact with the flesh of my face. I groaned in agony, falling slowly until I was sprawled on my back in the middle of the floor.

The game of truth or dare began innocently enough. After admitting to the others that I had my eye on one of them, I directed my aim towards Yoongi.

"Dare." He wheezed, smoke leaving the corner of his mouth in tendrils. I nodded, this would be amusing.

"Everytime you hit Hoseok, you have to remove an article of clothing." Everyone excluding Yoongi snickered at this. It was common knowledge that Yoongi had the tendency to abuse Hoseok for being ''too damn cheerful", so it was only a matter of time until the concerned would be . Yoongi flushed a deep red, but nodded nevertheless.

"Jackass." He muttered, eyes scanning the innocent faces of Jimin and Jungkook."Jimin, dare or dare?" Jimin squeaked in surprise.

"Truth!" He strategically ignored the part where Yoongi didn't offer Truth as a choice. Yoongi groaned,

"Aish, you're no fun!" He pouted, something that I had never seen before. I eyes him suspiciously in my intoxicated state; who was this and what happened to the cool Min Yoongi? "Ugh, fine. Is it true that you had Hoseok's sister contour your abs at last year's talent show so they would pop?" He said lazily.

Jimin blushed, eyes darting between the ground and Jungkook, who was laughing on the verge of tears.

"Omo! Did you really hyung?" Jungkook smiled cutely at Jimin, eyes wide. Yoongi snorted; the latter looked as if he wanted the world to spontaneously combust.

"Yes. I did." He mumbled loud enough for us to barely hear him, "But only because Jackson hyung said it would be a good idea!" Namjoon snorted.

"I think we can all agree that Jackson does not have the best ideas at times." We nodded in agreement.

"I know." Jimin sighed in defeat, but instantly perked up when he realized that now it was his turn.

"Jin hyung!" Jin's eyes grew impossibly big, shaking his head slowly. "Truth or dare?" Jimin grinned maliciously, winking at Taehyung who visibly paled.

"Dare." His answer surprised us all. Jimin looked as if he hadn't prepared a dare.

"Oh. Well uhm." Hoseok leaned over and whispered something in his ear, causing Jimin to snort, "That's perfect. Jin, I dare you to give a to the person you would want to have with the most."

"Hobi!" Yoongi reached over and smacked him upside the head, "Yah, you ert!" Hoseok grinned sheepishly.

"Yoongi hyung! I better see you stripping!" I cooed, side eyeing him with a smug look on my face.

"Damn it!" He screeched before slipping off his crew neck to reveal a black wifebeater. "Come on hyung, we don't have all day!" He pointed an accusing finger at Jin who was shaking and blushing like a tomato. Jin got up slowly, making his way to the middle of the circle and looking at each of us. There was no doubt in any of our minds this was just for show. We all knew he had a thing for Taehyung. Taehyung himself sat back resting on his elbows, a sly smirk on his face. So it didn't surprise any of us when he finally stopped, grabbing my chin to look up at him-

Wait, what?!

Jin gave me a pleading look, and suddenly everything made sense: he was afraid he would be rejected by Taehyung. I wanted to smack and him and shoo him towards the disappointed V who was wallowing in self pity. But instead I gave a curt nod, leaning back to let him do the dumb .

Jin was known to be a bad dancer, and he proved it during choir but soon made up for it with his airy and beautiful voice. But intoxicated, his hips took control and the result was something between y and graceful. If it wasn't Jin, I probably would've enjoyed it. Jin wrapped it up quickly, face blood red and visibly shaking. I didn't fail to notice the eating grin Jimin was giving me nor the I am going to end you look supplied by Taehyung. The latter of the two grabbed two bottles of soju, chugging the first one then making his way to the second without batting an eyelash. Jin gave him a terrified look.

"Uhm, V, I don't think-"

"Why don't you shut the up Jin?" Jin winced before muttering unintelligibly to himself.

"Uh, I think I'll take the reigns for Jin." Namjoon interrupted and no one said anything against it so he continued, "Jungkook, truth or dare?"

As the night progressed, our inhibitions quickly dissolved, along with our tempers. But it wasn't until around 2 in the morning when hit the fan.

Jungkook had just chosen "truth" and Jimin blushed, lips curving into a smirk, "Who do you like?"

"What kind of like?" Jungkook also was blushing, and although rather drunk by now he feigned innocence.

"Like the ''I wanna them' kind of like." Jimin clarified with a sarcastic drawl to his voice. Jungkook hiccuped.

"Oh, in that case Sungmin hyung." He slurred, leaning over to rest his head on my should, tracing the lines of the palm of my hand with his thin fingers.

"What?" Jimin whined, "But you weren't supposed to say Sungmin hyung!"

"Who was I supposed to say then, you?" Jungkook snapped, rolling his eyes as if Jimin wasn't even an option. Even though we all knew he was. Jimin bristled at Jungkook's words. "Anyway, my turn! Sungmin, truth or dare!"

"Dare." At the time, I was too busy not so subtlety looking at Namjoon to process what Jungkook was saying.

"I dare you to kiss the first person you think of when I say..." Now I was waiting intently to was Jungkook was saying, "Uh, cool."

My eyes automatically went to Yoongi, mind wandering back to how badass he looked today in English. Now he was so far gone he barely processes what was happening when I grabbed the front of his shirt and our lips met.

Now there wasn't any extravagant fireworks display, but there was no denying that Yoongi was not inexperienced. The way he meshed his sinfully soft lips with mine, moving teasingly slow before running his tongue across my bottom lip had my head spinning. I opened my mouth slightly and he immediately deepened the kiss, moving his tongue to mingle with mine, immediately winning the battle for dominance when a moan escaped from my mouth. I felt him smirk against my mouth, giving my tongue one hard before pushing me gently away. I sat there dazed.

That's when pain blossomed across my right cheek, head snapped sideways by the sheer force of Hoseok's fist coming into contact with the flesh of my face. I groaned in agony, falling slowly until I was sprawled on my back in the middle of the floor. Yoongi cried out in surprise. I looked up to see Hoseok glaring down at me, red faced and shaking with anger.

"What the was that Sungmin?" He hissed, grabbing the front of my shirt and lifting me towards him.

"Uh, a kiss?" I slurred, still not sober enough to properly defend myself. Hoseok gave me a look of disgust before tossing me back on the floor. The wind was forced out of me and I instinctively curled into a ball, whimpering pathetically.

"You're lucky you are drunk, or else I would've ended you." He spat, saliva flying and hitting me on the face. I flinched, because oh he sounded serious. Nobody dared to look at him, except for Yoongi who was seething.

"Hoseok!" He screamed, causing Hoseok to stop and turn towards Yoongi. "Stop it." He said softly, reaching out to caress his cheek. I flinched when I felt a hand on my shoulder, but relaxed when I saw Namjoon hovering over me.

"Let's go back to your room, okay Sungmin?" He got up and walked over to Yoongi, whispering something that sounded like "stay here" and "I'll take care of him" before coming back and helping me onto my feet.

"Thanks." I murmured, leaning heavily on his shoulder.

Namjoon chuckled, "I just didn't want you to get murdered tonight." He teased lightly, poking at my cheek. I smiled.

"I appreciate that." I latched onto Namjoon's arm and allowed him to lead me back to my room. Lord knows I wouldn't have been able to make it on my own.

Namjoon smelled like leather and sweat, but for some reason it smelled wonderful to my intoxicated self.

"Did you really mean what you said earlier?" Namjoon said so soft that I could barely make out what he was saying. His seriousness sobered me up a little as I looked up at him.

"Which part?"

"The part where you said you liked one of us." A light pink dusted his bronze cheeks, and it startled me because Namjoon does not look like a blushing type.

"Yes," I sighed, "But it doesn't matter because he's out of reach." Tears welled up at the corners of my eyes and I angrily brushed them away.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong? Did I say something?" His concern only made me cry harder. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. I turned my face away, staring at my room door. 

"You didn't do anything wrong

." I mumbled, digging through my pockets for my room key. Unlocking the door, I tore away from Namjoon's grasp.  Secretly I hoped that Namjoon would leave me here, but of course with my luck he followed me into the room, closing the door behind him. Yoongi had left the AC on, so the room was too cold. I shivered, sluggish and too tired to function. I fell face first in bed, groaning in delight.

"I'm guessing you just want to go to bed." He chuckled, peeling back the comforter and lifting me up to deposit me on my pillow before pulling the cover back over me.

I heard footsteps and the creak of springs over on Yoongi's bed. "Goodnight Sungmin." I found myself smiling.

"Night Namjoon." I slurred, snuggling closer into my bed.