Ten

그림의 떡 (A Picture of a Rice Cake)

A/N Oops, this took way longer than it was supposed to. I was way to busy to function. Sorry!

It was nearing seven when Jimin took a step out of the recording booth, giving me a small smile, "I have to go now, but we can work on this more tomorrow, okay?"
"Where are you going?" I hated being nosy, but I couldn't help but wonder where he could go looking like he did. Jimin avoided my eyes, instead focusing on the red ''In Use" sign above the studio door.
"Just going out with some friends." He said. I narrowed my eyes. Jimin didn't have other friends, at least not friends he went out with. But I kept myself in check, choosing instead to grin and chuckle.
"Don't have too much fun Jiminnie." I teased, getting up and walking towards the booth, "I think I'll just get a head start on recording. See you tomorrow, yeah?"
"Yeah." I closed myself inside the recording booth, turning around and sliding down the wall. I wanted to cry, but I knew tears wouldn't change anything. Pulling myself from the ground, I slid on the head phones and positioned myself in front of the mic. Ignoring the sheet music Jimin had left behind for me, I channeled my emotions and began to sing.
"Hold me tight, hug me
Trust me, trust me, trust me
Hold me tight, hug me
Can you trust me, can you trust me
Please, please, please pull me in and hug me.

You still shine
You’re still like a scented flower
Now trust me, hold me once again
So I can feel you, hold me."

 


~~~~~~~~~

 


"Do you remember?" Namjoon asked suddenly. Jungkook paused, looking over to Namjoon before continuing on typing his essay for Music Theory.
"Remember what?"
"How things used to be." Namjoon pressed, still incredibly vague. Jungkook sighed, turning himself so that he faced Namjoon. Namjoon wore the same sad expression that he had been wearing for over two months now.
"What are you doing still thinking about that?" Jungkook reprimanded, pouting at Namjoon in hopes of lifting the mood. Namjoon ignored his efforts, sighing loudly as he buried his head under his arms.
"I can't help it Jungkook. Sungmin just won't get out of my head."
Namjoon woke in a cold sweat, duvet thrown off of his bed and back pressed up against the cool brick wall. Hoseok's bed remained empty, covers still messy from the last time he slept in them nearly a month ago. Yawning, Namjoon got out of bed, slipping off the damp t shirt stuck to his skin. There was a sudden banging on the door, efficiently startling Namjoon.
"Namjoon? It's me, Jungkook." I knocked on the door again, slightly harder this time. Shuffling could be heard until finally it was opened, a shirtless and half asleep Namjoon mumbling incoherently in its wake.
"What do you want Jungkook? And god damn it call me hyung you little ." Namjoon rubbed the sleep from his eyes, stretching before settling against the door frame. I snorted, before remembering what I had came for.
"Okay, HYUNG. Have you heard about Jimin having new friends?" I pressed, sidestepping Namjoon to enter his room. Namjoon huffed, lazily shutting the door behind him.
"Is Jimin not allowed to have friends outside of Bangtan?" He smirked, eyeing me up and down, "Don't tell me you're jealous." I flushed,
"Why the hell would I be jealous? Everyone knows Bangtan sticks together and that is all." I muttered, pulling out Namjoon's desk chair and sitting down. Scoffing, he threw a skeptical look over his shoulder as he sat down on his bed.
"You're jealous because you like him. And he likes you but both of you are so oblivious it hurts."
"I am not oblivious!"
"Tell that to poor Hongbin." Namjoon teased, winking at me.
"I thought we decided never to talk about that again." I groaned. "Plus it's not like you're any better." I retorted, giving him my best eating grin. Namjoon started to defend himself, but was interrupted by a light knock on the door.
"What the is with you people it's so early." Namjoon mumbled under his breath before sighing, "COME IN." He yelled way too loud for the time of day it was. I winced, sending Namjoon a dirty look.
"You shouldn't yell Namjoon, you might wake the neighbors," Sungmin reprimanded before stopping in the doorway, "Oh, hello Jungkook. Is this a bad time? I could come back.." He trailed off, giving me a pleading look. I nodded in understanding before getting up.
"No, I was just on my way out. Namjoonie hyung is all yours." I smirked, sliding past Sungmin out into the hall. "We'll finish our discussion later." I added as an afterthought, wiggling my eyebrows at a blushing Namjoon. "Have fun you two, just not too much fun. If you know what I mean."
"Jungkook for s sake-" I shut out Namjoon's complaints, smiling to myself. Sungmin needed to take the reins, Namjoon might be a genius but he's socially awkward.
In the distance, at the very end of the hall, I could see what looked like Jimin making his way slowly back to his dorm. I tried to ignore the limp, I tried to ignore his freshly ed hair, but I couldn't. My blood boiled, and before I could stop myself I was quietly walking towards him. Within mere feet of him, I could smell the alcohol on him; he would regret this later today. "Had fun I'm guessing." I drawled bitterly. Jimin stopped short of his dorm room, slowly turning to face me. I was surprised to see an oddly sober Jimin staring back at me. My smirk faltered, eyes searching endless brown orbs. Jimin scoffed.
"Not that you would care." He slurred, automatically throwing his facade out the window. I bristled, grabbing Jimin's wrist and slamming him against the wall, boxing him in with hands on either side of his head.
"You're a ing idiot." I breathed, face dangerously close to his. Jimin took a sharp breath, eyes desperately searching mine.
"How am I the idiot?" His tone softened, not nearly as defensive as moments ago.
Instead of answering, I leaned forward capturing Jimin's lips with my own. Jimin clutched at my arm in surprise, flinching before returning the kiss with a sense of desperation and desire. I had never been known for being bold or outright, to be frank I surprised myself with my newfound rash boldness.
Jimin tasted like citrus soju and thick lust. Heat pooled in my stomach, sparks flew through my lips, and a haze fogged my mind. I fought to gain control but soon all there was was Jimin and I in a whirlwind of quickly stumbling into his room and a fight for dominance. I lost the battle and allowed myself to be lifted up and carried to his unmade bed. "How did we get here?" Jimin moaned against my hair as I nipped at his collarbone.
"It was only a matter of time." I reasoned, effectively shutting him up with a le of his neck.

 

He ripped through my life like a sharp blade cuts through supple flesh, nice and clean. He made sure to leave no jagged edges, and although I would like to think he was doing me a favor, I cannot help but wish he would've shredded me into pieces.
Jagged edges represent hesitation; as if one contemplated coming back before finally deciding to leave.
He knew all along I was just a town he was passing through: he had his eyes set on greener pasture in the large city of New York. Looking back at our short time spent together it should have never came as a surprise that he'd leave me with nothing more than a broken bedroom window and a half finished note lying on the kitchen floor.
Maybe I knew all along. Maybe I saw it one night in his bottomless orbs, or the half assed smile he allotted me in the dwindling days before his departure.
Yes, I must have known.
But only fools fall for someone like him, and fools are notorious for ignoring all the signs.
In my whirlwind love, I'd rather crash and burn than let the storm prematurely slip through my fingertips.
So I ran away from the memories and feigned being homesick.
All just to get away from America, to get away from memories of silver hair and chocolate eyes.
Just to get away from you.

 

" him." Namjoon muttered under his breath as he glared at the door Jungkook just slammed shut. I chuckled softly, walking over and sitting next to Namjoon on his bed.
“How's Hoseok?” I murmured, eyeing his unmade bed remorsefully. Namjoon's features immediately softened, eyes set on the opposite wall.
“Last time I talked to Yoongi, they said he was getting better. He might be back by the end of the month.” I nodded slowly. Namjoon sighed, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, “It's too early for this Sungmin.”
“I felt like this couldn't wait.” I whispered apologetically. The knot in my stomach grew as I tried to swallow past the lump in my throat.
“Sungmin,” Namjoon sighed, getting up and facing me, “You don't have to feel pressured, what I said the other day was stupid.” Sungmin groaned.
“You can't ing say that! You can't act like you like me then take it back!” I ran a hand roughly through my hair out of frustration, biting my bottom lip to hold back the tears threatening to spill. Namjoon looked absolutely wrecked, eyes half lidded and remorse settled over his smooth face. I stood up quickly, grabbing his wrist and tugging him none too gently towards me.
We stood there for at least 20 minutes, my arms wrapped around his small waist, Namjoon's face buried in my unwashed hair. But I lacked an opportunity to feel embarrassed. Instead I basked in Namjoon's warmth, face pressed into his bare chest. Never before had skin on skin felt so innocent.
Namjoon gingerly lifted his head off mine, looking down at me with a gentle look in his eyes, almost as if he was looking at an animal not yet tamed. If only he knew the extent to which I was thoroughly wrapped around his finger. “I wasn't acting like I liked you.” A dull ache spread through my chest. This all felt so familiar, from the misunderstandings to the passion so strong that it hurt. So familiar that it scared me. Because I barely trusted myself anymore, forget another human being entirely. He made sure of that. I nodded meekly,
“Then what were you doing?” I whispered, earning a breathy laugh that made my stomach erupt with butterflies.
“I was being an idiot.” He said, bittersweet tone laced in his words. I nodded lightly, pinching his cheek.
“You can say that again pabo.” I mused, a small smile playing at my lips.
“I was being an idiot.” Namjoon teased, chuckling outwardly. I shook my head in disbelief. Namjoon was obnoxious and too smart for his own good. Namjoon was light brown hair and glittering eyes. Namjoon was happiness and pain wrapped in one irresistibly gorgeous package. Namjoon was a picture of a rice cake, yet this wasn't a normal picture. No, it was a magical picture where you could reach in and grab the rice cake. Because standing here.in Namjoon's arms with my face pressed against his chest, I just knew this was happening. This was something to cherish.
Namjoon pulled away, grumbling about being tired. I started to turn away to leave and let him sleep, but was pulled into bed with Namjoon.
“Don't leave.” Namjoon pleaded, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me flush against his body. I sighed, melting at his words and slipping into compliancy.
“I'll never leave.” I murmured, already sitting in the edge of sleep.


Never before had words ever held such truth.