Three

그림의 떡 (A Picture of a Rice Cake)

The entire walk to Geometry, I kept nervously glancing at Namjoon who was animately gushing about how cool of a teacher Mr. Lee was. Now don’t get confused, (I sure as hell know I did) the Mr. Lee Namjoon spoke of was different than English Mr. Lee. But not by much: They both had dark hair, were young and incredibly handsome. Only English Mr. Lee sported his natural chocolate gaze while the math Mr. Lee wore startling blue contact lenses. I was convinced they were the same person.

Math had never been my forte, but somehow Mr.Lee taught in a way that I at least vaguely understood the wonderful subject of Geometry. On the other hand, Yoongi was not kidding when he said Namjoon was a genius. After one block, I was convinced he could probably teach us himself.

Let’s not forget to mention Mr. Lee’s student teacher Kim Jonghyun. He was extremely sassy nice and outgoing as shy. Oh, and touchy. Too touchy. He hugged everyone before suddenly taking a liking to a kid name Kim Kibum. Namjoon and I watched as the two flirted with each other, blatantly ignoring Mr. Lee’s lecture on the anatomy of a circle. “They’d be cute together, don’t you think?” I asked, looking over at Namjoon with a small smile on my face. With a slow nod, he sighed wistfully.

“I wish I had that?”

“Are you single, hyung?” Namjoon made strange choking sounds and I immediately regretted asking. Because what if he wasn’t? With a panicked look in his eye, he croaked out a low “no.” I could practically hear my heart breaking. “Ah,really?Who’s the lucky gal?”

“Oh, her name is… Ashley! She’s a Korean-American that I met back home,” he scratched the back of his neck, smiling shyly, “She’s great.” I nodded.

“I bet she is, I’m happy for you.” Namjoon chuckled.

“Thanks. How about you? Got a girlfriend Sungmin?” I felt heat pool in my cheeks. Not knowing what to say I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, “Yes but no.” Namjoon quirked an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

God I am such an idiot. I have never been in a relationship before.Except if you called that weird two week “bf/bf test drive” with Daehyun that ended at our first kiss a relationship. But I had already answered so I had to go with it. “Well, I don’t have a girlfriend. But my boyfriend’s name is Daehyun.” The moment the words came out of my mouth I wanted to punch myself in the face. Namjoon looked at me with wide eyes and mouth agape. He stayed like that for about a minute before shaking his head.

“You’re gay?” I laughed nervously.

“If dating a guy makes me gay, then yes.” I said a bit too loud, earning me strange looks from some of our classmates. Namjoon nodded.

“That definitely makes you gay.” His voice sounded higher than usual. With a newfound resolve, he faced forward and furiously began to write notes.

 

Namjoon’s POV

Yoongi had texted me earlier to walk Sungmin to Geometry second block. I was curious to how he knew Sungmin’s schedule, but knew better than to ask.

Once the bell rang, I hurried across the hall to the English room. Sungmin stood with his back facing me, flustered while packing his things into his backpack. Grinning, I approached him and gently grabbed his wrist. “We don’t want to be late for Geometry.” I said smoothly, smile widening as Sungmin continued to stare at me.

“No we would not.” He said slowly, looking up into my eyes. He smiled timidly, swinging his backpack onto his shoulder and tearing my hand from his wrist.

“Then let’s go.” Sungmin followed me into the hallway where I launched into describing how cool Mr. Lee, the geometry teacher, was. The entire time I noticed how Sungmin kept glancing at me. When he saw that I caught him he flushed, suddenly finding the sidewalk interesting. I was immediately hugged by Jonghyun the moment I crossed the threshold. Having met him the previous day,I wasn’t surprised, instead hugging him back. Sungmin on the other hand looked like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him. I chuckled softly, not wanting to upset him by laughing outright. I took a seat in the middle row and Sungmin quickly followed suit to sit next to me. I noticed Taemin and Jackson looking back and forth between us curiously. Motioning for them to stop, they snickered before throwing me cheesy kisses and winks.

The moment Kim Kibum entered the room, the whole atmosphere changed. Jonghyun hugged him tightly, just like everyone else. Except when Kibum peeled himself off the student teacher and took a seat, Jonghyun followed. “They’d be cute together, don’t you think?” Sungmin jerked his head towards the flirtatious pair, a sweet smile on his face. I nodded slowly, so entranced by Sungmin’s beautiful smile that I didn’t notice myself sighing longingly.

“I wish I had that?” It came out as a question because at the last moment I realized what I was saying. I was this close to confessing to my best friend's straight roommate. That would’ve been awkward and ruin our new friendship.

“Are you single, hyung? Saliva caught in my throat, causing me to choke.I could not ruin our friendship with my stupid crush. Panicking, with a cracked voice I whispered “no.”

I thought I saw hurt flash in Sungmin’s eyes, but I quickly dismissed the idea, “Ah, really? Who’s the lucky gal?” . I didn’t have a girlfriend. WHY THE HELL DID I SAY I DID?! Jesus christ.

“Oh, her name is…” Think Namjoon, now is not the time to up,” Ashley! She’s a Korean- American who I met back home.” Ashley also happened to be 27 and married, but I wasn’t about to point that out. Forcing a smile on my face, I scratched the back of my neck (A habit I had when lying), “She’s great.” I continued less than convincing. Sungmin nodded sheepishly.

“I bet she is, I’m happy for you.” I laughed at how awkward the words sounded coming out of his mouth.

“Thanks. How about you? Got a girlfriend Sungmin?” Curiosity got the better of me before I could stop myself. Sungmin immediately blushed, “Yes but no.” I felt an eyebrow raise in confusion. How could you have a girlfriend, but not have a girlfriend?

“What do you mean?” Sungmin’s face darkened.

“Well I don’t have a girlfriend. But my boyfriend’s name is Daehyun.” He mumbled.

I sat there, still confused. What did that-

oh.

Oh.

OH.

My jaw hit the floor and I felt my eyes bulge.

Because did he just say what I think he said?

“You’re gay?” Go damn it,could you be anymore blunt Namjoon?! Sungmin laughed nervously, bowing his head to avoid looking at me. They call me a genius,but at that moment I felt so dumb.

“If dating a guy makes me gay, then yes.” He screeched, eliciting several strange looks around us.

“That definitely makes you gay.” I squeaked, pulling out my notebook and facing the smartboard. Why did this have to happen to me? I told Sungmin I had a girlfriend because I thought he had to be straight. Just to find out he’s gay. And Taken, but I could’ve taken care of that. I wanted to slam my head against the desk. Which after a minute of further thinking I did.

 

Sungmin’s POV

I watched as Namjoon slammed his head onto his desk, muttering “idiot” every now and again. I smirked,slightly curious to what put Namjoon into a crisis. This continued until the bell rang. We packed our stuff, and awkward silence settling between us. “Do you have your lunch block next?” Namjoon nodded, sighing in relief.

“Everyone else does too. So no one will be alone at least.” SMiling, he motioned for me to follow him. Complied, allowing him to lead me towards the cafeteria.

“Are Jin hyung and Taehyun dating?” In front of us, Jin was pinching Taehyung’s cheeks while the latter squealed. Namjoon chuckled, “No. Jin thinks he isn’t V’s type, and V thinks Jin is straight.” At that moment Jin let out a very unmanly giggle. “Really?” I Scoffed.

“I know, but Taehyung is kinda oblivious.” Namjoon gave me a knowing look, “They’ll realize the mutuality of their feeling eventually.” He patted my back, nudging me towards the table.

“Hello you two. How was Geometry?” Jimin wiggled his eyebrows.

“Boring. Did you guys know that Sungmin here is in a relationship?” Silence fell over the table. Yoongi gave me a pointed look, “Is that so?” I nodded, intimidated by Yoongi’s low tone.

“But not for too much longer.” I coked out sitting next to Jungkook. “Why?” He asked, hopeful eyes bored into mine.

“Daehyun is way too jealous with me going to an all boys-”

“-Daehyun?!” Yoongi screeched.

“-Isn’t that a guy's name?” Jimin breathed.

“-You’re GAY?!” Taehyung yelled, attracting the attention of the whole cafeteria.

“Will you guys be quiet?” I hissed, glaring at them one by one.

“Sorry Sungmin-ssi.” They collectively whispered. The rest of lunch was ate in silence,timid glances thrown towards me. I ate my ramyun angrily, muttering to myself. Fed up with everyone glancing at me I finally snapped, “To answer your question,” I growled,” Yes, I’m ing gay. Honestly it shouldn’t surprise you.” I pushed myself up, storming out of the cafeteria and making my way towards Contemporary Korean History. I ignored everyone for the rest of the day, even in Choir, the one class I shared with all seven of them. I decided to skip dinner and went to bed before Yoongi got back to the room.

I’m not sure why I was so angry. To be fair, I never acted particularly flamboyant. I definitely was too harsh on the boys. They were the only friends I had. I shouldn’t have snapped at them or ignored them. I flopped over on my back and stared at the popcorn ceiling. I heard the door open and I immediately feigned sleep. “Namjoon, he’s asleep. Go back to your room.” I heard a slight scuffle before the door slammed shut. “Sungmin, I know you're not asleep.” Yoongi rasped, making his way towards his bed. I groaned.

“Why couldn’t you just leave me be?” I whined, rolling over to face him. “We need to talk.” Yoongi said, ignoring my question.

“About?”

“Hoseok is having a little get together right now to celebrate our first day of classes. That Means you’re going to get up, get changed, and get your down there.” Yoongi grabbed my comforter and stripped it away. “Now.” He added. Not wanting to argue, I got up and went towards my wardrobe, slipping on dark jeans and an old ripped Guns N’ Roses  t shirt I got back in the states.

“You ready?” I nodded, “Come on then Sungmin.” He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of our room and down two flights of stairs. Must be nice to have a room on the third floor. Yoongi suddenly stopped at a door, turning the knob and pushing us in.

The first thing I noticed was the smell, a mixture of alcohol and a strange herbal blend. Some Kendrick Lamar pulsed through the hazy air.

“You guys smoke?! In the dorms?” I was honestly surprised. I expected the alcohol, but weed wasn’t easy to acquire. And they were smoking IN THE DORMS.

“Don’t act so surprised.” Yoongi smirked next to me. Everyone (even Jungkook to my horror) sat in a s=circle, passing a lit joint, holding bottles of soju and coke as a chaser. Feeling more confident than usual, I reached over and snatched the joint from Jungkook, who yelped in surprise, and took a long hit, welcoming the burn in my throat. Jungkook giggled lightly, giving me a far off gaze.

“Glad to see you made it,” Hoseok pushed a bottle of soju and I quickly took a swig, rejecting the coke offered to me, “Oh look who’s a hard .” He mocked. I snorted.

“In America, they don’t even offer chasers.” I retorted, taking another swig.the joint was passed to me again. This is what I missed the most about America; hanging out with friends getting drunk and high (I sound so irresponsible omo).

“Let’s play truth or dare!” Taehyung slurred, giving Jin a suggestive look. Everyone quickly agreed, so V started, “Sungmin, truth or dare?”

“Truth.” I thought I had taken the safe route, but the smirk on his face said otherwise.

“Okay hyung, do you like someone in this room?” I swallowed thickly. All eyes were on me.

“Yes.” I blushed. Taehyung's smirk dropped in surprise.

“What?” He murmured, staring at me with wide eyes. Everyone was staring at me actually. I fidgeted in my place uncomfortably. Not even the warm buzz I was feeling distracted me from the awkward air in the room.

To think this was only the beginning of the night.

 

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the update. is about to go down lol.

And guys, it frusturated me to have to write Sungmin and Namjoon be so stupid. Like ugh.

Anyway, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUBSCRIBED OR UPVOTED OR COMMENTED!

It means the world to me.

Upvote, Subscribe, Comment, and all that jazz.

Saranghae!

Aflower54