One

그림의 떡 (A Picture of a Rice Cake)

My first day at Bangtan Prep was a stormy one. I warily watched raindrops roll down my window, the pit in my stomach growing as my mom's Kia drew nearer to my new school. Bangtan Prep was an exclusive all boys academy nestled deep in the countryside (aka 3 dreadful hours from Seoul). To be fair, most boys would kill to attend the prestigious Bangtan Prep; an impressive 94% of graduates attended one of the S.K.Y colleges after all.

"Sungmin, dear, we're here."

But right now, I'd honestly do anything to return with my mother back to our small apartment in Hongdae. Back home where my friends Jinyoung, Daehyun, and I never ran out of things to do. Hell, I even missed Eunji, the annoying second year who never seemed to take a hint. But as my mom popped the trunk and began unloading my luggage, I realized that wouldn't be happening. I slowly got out of the car, trudging towards my haphazardly stacked suitcases. I eyed my mom suspiciously,

"You say you love me but you seem awfully keen to get rid of me." Instantaneously I earned a harsh smack on the back of my head.

"Yah, you know I'm only doing this because I love you," She made sure to put emphasis on the "because", causing me to roll my eyes, "And is that any way to talk to your mother?"

"You're impossible." Que another smack on the head. I rubbed the spot tenderly, trying not glare at my mother.

"Why couldn't I have a respectful Korean son like all of my friends?" She mumbled, leisurely making her way towards the dorms. I hurriedly grabbed my suitcases and continued to waddle after her.

 

After obtaining my room number and key: I said hurried goodbyes to my mom,

"Bye mom, I love you. Now go." "Be more respectful!" "Mom~ if you keep hitting me I won't be able to do anything."

Climbed up the dreadfully steep five stories worth of steps,

"What kind of school has five stories worth of students to house?!"

And finally reached room 516,but not without breaking out in a horrible sweat and successfully drenching my shirt. I prayed to any god out there that my roommate had not yet arrived, and luck was thankfully on my side. I let out a long sigh as the air conditioning hit me like a brick wall of wonderfully cold air. Not caring much about anything but getting a god damn shower, I grabbed the first set of clothes in my suitcase and headed towards the shower.

To be frank, the bathroom was far from luxurious. Which was sad considering the ridiculously pricey tuition. But my dissatisfaction would have to wait, because I was sweaty and probably smelled of . And no one wanted to meet a new room mate smelling like (right?). Not even bothering to wait for the water to run warm, I hastily jumped into the downpour of water.

I was filled with instant regret.

Surely water shouldn't be this cold coming out of the faucet.

If I had a raging ? This would be perfect. But I didn't have a raging so it was only excrutiating. I guess that was karma getting back at me for being so impatient. I’ll save you the boring details of my shower, cause I mean everyone does the same ing thing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Yeah, no.The real action happened after I had gotten dressed, brushed my teeth, and put on some deodorant.

Because little did I know my roommate had just arrived, and little did I know Bangtan Prep was a school for ing gods. Now at this point in my life, I had already accepted the fact I like more than s. So it didn’t surprise me that I was supporting a chub, just by looking at him. Recently bleached blond hair paired with milky skin, and those eyes, I felt like I was getting whisked off to sea with them damn endless beauties.

“Hello,” he greeted me in a raspy voice, “My name is Min Yoongi, I’m guessing you’re my roommate?” I couldn’t even speak. He was about an inch taller than me (which is not saying much since I’m only 5’7”) and had a slender frame. I opened my mouth to respond, and was instantly horrified when no sounds would come out. Minutes passed by of us just staring at each other, him growing impatient. “Yah! What’s your name?” Met with more silence. He shook his head in frustration, “Of course I get boarded with the ing mute.”

“Knock it off Suga.” A deep voice resounded behind me, causing me to flinch.

“P-park Sungmin.” I blurted out suddenly. I hated how shaky my voice sounded.

“Look! He’s alive! Hell, there’s no need to be shy, Sungmin-ssi.” Yoongi- or Suga, I guess- smiled a gummy smile, clapping a hand over my shoulder, efficiently twirling me around to face the person who had spoken earlier, “Sungmin-ssi, this is my friend Kim Namjoon…” I blocked out everything else the moment I saw him.

“Damn.” I breathed,quiet enough that no one heard (or so I thought). I failed to notice the smirk that appeared on Namjoon’s face. Because damn if I thought Yoongi was gorgeous, he paled in comparison to the bronzed god that stood before me. To sum him up quickly; tall, dark, and handsome.

The complete opposite of me.

While I reside at the pathetically short side of 5’7”, Namjoon surely was at least 6’2”.

And my pale complexion blinded in the sunlight, while Namjoon had delicately bronzed mocha skin.

And out of adjectives that were associated with me, Park Sungmin, handsome was not one of them. But with Namjoon, handsome and all of its synonyms would effectively describe him. If I had a chub from Yoongi, surely I had a problem now. Looking down I realized, oh yes I did. I bowed a couple times while simultaneously thinking about pencils. Thank god that did the trick.

“Yoongi and I was just about to go to the cafeteria and get some lunch. You wanna join us?” Namjoon gave me a small smile, obviously ignoring the shocked look on Yoongi’s face. I nodded meekly, eliciting a chuckle from Namjoon. Reaching over to ruffle my hair, he smirked, “I like this kid already,” I tried to not die from that, “Tell me if Suga ever bothers you. I’ll protect you.” My breathing hitched.

I’ll protect you.


 

The cafeteria was a monstrous great hall, lined with long tables with benches straight out of Harry Potter. I can already see an underlying theme with Bangtan Prep; they enjoy having things unnecessarily grand. From the crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, to the golden platters sat at the center of the table holding delectable looking cuisine, everything screamed sophistication. Something that contrasted greatly with the cramped and dingy bathrooms (I’ll never get over that). Yoongi bee lined straight towards a table with five other people already sitting. I could feel my hands grow clammy, and that annoying twitch of my right eye began going at it.

“These are some friends from last year, I think you’ll like them,” Namjoon threw over his shoulder. He gave me a reassuring smile, “Hey, don’t be nervous Sungmin-ssi.”I returned his smile,and began working at my nerves.

“Who’s he?” A boy with big eyes and an rectangular smile looked me up and down before snorting. I winced.

“Quit being so rude Taehyung!” This time it was a boy with a look that screamed ‘flower boy’.

“This is Park Sungmin. He’s my roommate and Namjoon invited him to eat with us.” There was a collective “oh” from the boys, causing me to quirk an eyebrow.

“Let me introduce you,” Namjoon interrupted, giving Yoongi a pointed look, “This is Taehyung, and he is very blunt so please ignore every comment he makes,” He non committedly motioned towards the boy with the box smile, who smiled so wide that his eyes disappeared,

“And the guy sitting next to him is our mother Jin,” Jin narrowed his eyes at him but an obvious upturn could be seen at the corner of his lips,

“His name is Hoseok, and he is another person you can never take seriously,” Namjoon laughed as Hoseok snarled and threw a piece of Kimchi in our general direction. Unfortunately it hit the first year at the table next to us, “And those two are Jimin and Jungkook, our maknae. He’s only a first year.” Jimin smiled at me, chubby cheeks puffing up. I would’ve pegged him the first year, not Jungkook, who just had a mature aura hanging around him. I bowed to everyone, muttering a “nice to meet you” Taehyung motioned me towards him, patting the spot next to him on the bench. I eyed him warily,but considering that it was the only available seat, I gingerly sat down.

“So where are you from Sungmin hyung?” Taehyung began, giving me a toned down smile.

“I’m from Hongdae.” I answered, a tone of wistfulness present.

“Really? So is Jin hyung!” He said excitedly,elbowing Jin in the ribs. Jin groaned in pain but didn’t tell Taehyung off, instead choosing to look at him affectionately.

“Do you always have to get so worked up Taehyunnie?” He crooned, poking at Taehyung’s cheeks.Said male screeched, swatting brutally playfully at Jin’s face. i scoffed at the light red hand print stamped onto Jin’s left cheek.

“They are always like this, you’ll definitely get used to this.” Yoongi mumbled through a mouthful of bibimbap. I nodded, chuckling.

“You sure have an interesting group of friends.”

“This is only the beginning. They get more interesting the more you learn about them.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Everyone has a secret. I’m pretty sure no one knows everyone’s secret; except maybe Namjoon.”

“Really? And why is that?”

“Namjoon knows everything about anything. He’s not Bangtan Prep’s genius for no reason.” Yoongi turned his attention to Hoseok, allowing that to rest on my mind. When I came to Bangtan Prep, the last thing I expected was to meet anyone like this. So far everyone I met was either really handsome, really smart, or both (mostly both). Which had me feeling very lacking. I was average in every aspect except for being an awkward idiot. That I excelled quite well in. Sighing, I began to dig into the best bibimbap that I had ever tasted. The food almost distracted me from Namjoon, but he still sat at the edge of my vision.Every minute of so my eyes would linger on his bronzed face and sinfully full lips. I shuddered. Damn it,the worst part was Namjoon was surely straight as an arrow. Nothing about him hinted towards not liking women.

But who knows. If I’ve learnt anything from today, it was to expect the unexpected, because nothing is what it seems. Glancing around the table of attractive men, I knew I had gotten myself into something maybe not worth the struggle.

But surely I couldn’t have guessed that Bangtan Prep and the group of seven boys I would later discover went by the name “Bangtan Boys” would completely and utterly ruin my life.

No, there was no way of knowing then what I know now.


 

A/N

Hi! SO this is the first chapter, I know it’s short but I just wanted to use it to introduce everyone.

I’m sorry if it . OTL

So let me get this clear just to avoid confusion, from youngest to oldest it goes: Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Sungmin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Suga, and Jin.

Jungkook is just a little that calls no one hyung.

PS I’m looking for a co author that can help me progress the story and help me with writing (I’ve decided I wanted to include but it would be horrid if I wrote it with the skills I have now.)

So If you would be interested in help me, just let me know through a private message.

Add me as a friend on here if you want, because I have no friends OTL

I'm always up to talking, so that's where you can contact me!

Instagram: aflower54

Facebook: here

KakaoTalk: aflower54

Comment, subscribe, upvote and all that jazz.

Saranghae!

Aflower54