After Effect

I Will Never Forget You

Heyaa readers :) 
Sorry for the late update assignments kept me busy. So yeah thanks for reading and welcome new subbies.

Its a short update and ill be ending this story soon, maybe in a chapter or two. Thanks for reading again and do share your thoughts ;) 

Regards -» Sheirly ❤


24 hours after the surgery

Lay was lost in his thoughts, astonished as he was trying to process the surgeon's statement, Suho was in a complete dilemma as he wore an unexplainable expression.

Tao...God, please! Please don't take Tao from us, I beg you!! Lay prayed in silence hoping for some kind of magic to happen.

Suddenly the sliding door of the emergency room slid open breaking the painful awkward silence between the two.

"Kris's family?" The doctor called out. Suho nodded biting his inner lips, cold air hitting his cheeks as he walked forward approaching the doctor. 

"The surgery was successful. But he is still unconscious. We'll have him under observation in ICU for the next 24 hours, so we can closely monitor his progress and the after effects of the surgery. That is all I can tell for now, if you excuse me." The doctor bows and leaves.


Lay's P.O.V

The surgeon's statement kept ringing in my mind like death bells. " Im sorry we tried our best..but we couldn't safe him" 

" We couldn't do much as he lost lots of blood due to the deep cut on his neck...there's no possibility for survival" A huff and disappointment was visible as the surgeon uttered his last sentence before leaving us both in the cabin. 

My head felt heavy, emotions getting the best of me. I feel distant so much that i felt broken and lonely feeling in my chest. I had to force my breath feeling somewhat indescribable. "What am I going to answer Mr and Mrs Hwang?!" 

I felt a pang in my chest reminiscing my last moments with Tao. Tears rolling down my cheeks, hot and salty. His mysterious yet adorable face, his cheeky smiles, i can no longer see my panda boy. I was a complete mess, my body ached as i tremble weakly, I could no longer stand properly. 

"Lay!" I heard someone calling my name. It seems close yet far. I was expecting a hard fall hitting the floor but instead Suho hyung's caught me in his arms.  

(*^o^*)

Lay was lying on the bed, still pale an IV was stuck in his arm. Taking a seat beside Lay, Suho admired the sleeping beauty. He looked pale yet his beautiful features overpowered the stressful look on his face. Suho gently Lay's face. Don't know what possessed him, Suho bend over the younger as he closed the distance between them. He kissed Lay's forehead as he murmured "Get well soon Lay". He smiled sweetly at the sleeping unicorn.

His cute!! He squeals. Causing lay to stirr in his sleep slowly opening his eyes. 

"Lay, your awake?" Suho said standing, walking towards the door, avoiding the gaze from the younger "I get the doctor!"

Suho couldn't believe what happened. He sat down holding his chest as his pulses speed up warming his chest. A tinkle of spark, butterflies in his stomach.

Oh my..what's wrong with me?

(*^o^*)

After few seconds came a handsome young man with Suho tailing at the back.

After he had examined me, he turned around facing Suho "Your friend is fine, it's a mild headache, he needs good rest for now."

The doctor nods smiling at me as he continued saying "He will be just fine as long as you keep him away from any type of stressful situations."

Another relieved sigh leaves Suho hyung's lips, shaking his hands with the doctor.

"Heard that?" Suho questioned me knitting his eyebrows.

I lowered my head before looking back at those worried dark hazel eyes, taking a huge breath, i looked straight into Suho hyungs dark orbs "Can we visit Kris hyung?" 

A wave of shock and disappointment was visible on Suho hyung's face.

"Did I ask something wrong" I questioned him. He huffed, massaging his nape "Alright we will visit Kris but not now. Get enough sleep you look deadly tired"

A wide dimple smile escaped my lips. "Thanks hyung!" 

Suho was completely mesmerized by the sight of Lay's dimple smile. It was somewhere between relief and heartbreak seeing him hiding the sorrow behind that lovely smile.


When I walk into his room, he was sleeping still unconscious. Hooked up to machines, Kris seems so small. I hold his hands gently running my thumb along his fingers. I felt warm liquid rushed from my cheeks, landing on our entwined hands. My tears were unstoppable. 

"I'm so--rry Kris." My breath hitched. "Tao i sho--uld have stayed by his s--ide..I could have s--top him..fr--I'm running ou--t careles--sly..I'm sorry..sor--ry" I shutter as the lump in my throat was unbearable.

Tao's death was like a claw, tucking hard in my heartstrings.

 

« To be continued »

Total Words : 838