Chapter V: Attempts

The Death Game

He watches them enter the Maze.

Shark Sanctuary, Snake Pit, Bear Dome.

One by one.

Slowly, on his screen, they become blinking green dots that would flash yellow when in danger and remain red when…

Well, that would happen soon enough.

He leans into the microphone.

“Attention, players. Before the Game begins, changes to the alliances must be made.”

He smirks.

“Jungsoo and Emikochie. Heechul and Willow. Jongwoon and Kasumi. Suzuki and Kiana. The hostages are Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Hyukjae, and Youngwoon. The Game starts.”

He sits back, watching the screens before him.

Ah, such a story unfolding in front of him now…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the plot thickens!

Heechul is livid, but he manages to whisper something to Leeteuk before the electricity hits him.

Leeteuk leans down to tell Heechul something in return before dragging Emikochie away.

Yesung and Kasumi slip away in the midst of the chaos, and Kiana and Suzuki just hightail it the out of there.

Of course, they all have headsets embedded in their ears, so he knows exactly what it was that Heechul and Leeteuk had been talking about.

Yet he does not prevent it.

For there are no rules to the Game.

And there it comes.

The first rule break.

Suzuki and Kiana had started towards Snake Pit, lost each other around a partition of stone, met up again, and headed to Shark Sanctuary instead.

He knows precisely what it is that they are trying to do.

After all, the doors of Shark Sanctuary open periodically to let in sea breezes.

And now, coincidentally, is right when the doors open.

They must have felt the rush of cool air and realized that there would be an opening.

They’re not stupid, he’d have to give them that.

They must, however, be insane to even think about trying to escape.

They should have known that no one will ever outsmart him or outrun him.

Oh well, no matter.

They will learn soon enough.

Just like those three.

He leans back, presses a button on the arm of his chair.

“Hunt them down.”