Chapter III: Yesung

The Death Game

Yesung is alone, deep underground, with a complete stranger.

The artificial lights and damp earth tunnels make him feel claustrophobic.

He does not attempt conversation, and nor does she.

When the messenger finally arrives, his heart chills and erupts.

Because the person in front of him now cannot be, even infinitesimally, it cannot be Choi Siwon.

But it is.

And he understands, in that one split second, more than he had ever thought possible.

They have turned them against us.

“Kibum!” Yesung screams at the unresponsive Siwon. Beside him, the girl looks on pityingly. “They took Kibum! And Donghee and Sungmin! And Kyuhyun is in danger!”

No answer.

Siwon gestures them out the door, so like and yet unlike his old self.

And so Yesung goes, pushing past the girl, leaving Siwon behind, climbs up the ladder, reaching towards the light.

And he would have, if not for the bolt of electricity shooting through his body.

He falls to the ground, pain sparking in every nerve, breath escaping in a burst.

The girl and Siwon make no move to help him, so slowly, painfully, he struggles up, only to have Siwon trample him again.

Anger burning from within, Kim Jongwoon stands up, eyes blazing.

He will not be defeated.

He doesn’t give a about rules and regulations anymore.

Because Yesung will emerge victorious.