Backstory

Modern Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     The next day I walked towards the coffe shop that Brandon texted me about earlier this morning. I entered it, feeling an odd tension inside me. I looked around to see Brandon near one of the wall length windows, staring out of it with the same expression I remembered seeing on Amber, an unreadable expression, but maybe a little sad. I remembered how he looked even though I had only seen him once. Because, I'm not going to lie. He was actually pretty good looking. Brown hair that fell slightly over his eyebrows, along with a pair of forest green eyes, a straight nose, and a pair of red lips that hid straight, white teeth. His body in general was more on the broad side, with wide, muscled shoulders and chest. I walked over to the table he was sitting at and took a seat across from him. As I sat down, he looked at me and gave me a smile. He had obviously already known that I was here most likely thanks to his more than average senses.

     "Hello Krystal," he greeted.

     "Hi," I responded. Brandon didn't share the same cold aura that Amber had, instead, it was a warm atmosphere that he gave off, making me instantly feel comfortable. I hadn't noticed much about him the first time I met him due to the fact that I had been trying to get over the shock of werewolves almost killing me.

     "So, you wanted to talk to me?" he asked. He raised his hand for one of the waiters. "Actually, first, why don't we get something to drink?" he said, looking at me for confirmation. I nodded. We were in a coffee shop afterall. A waiter arrived at our table. "Espresso please, and...?" he trailed off, looking at me.

     "Iced coffee please," I said. The waiter nodded, thanked us, and left. We were in a more secluded spot in the coffee shop but I still felt a little odd talking about werewolves in a public place like this.

     "I'm guessing that this is something about Amber?" he said, looking at me. I nodded again.

     "Amber, when did you meet her?"

     Brandon tilted his head at me and then seemed to think about it. "I met her about ten years ago I think," he answered after a bit. I knew it. I knew Amber was her.

     "How did you meet her?" I asked, excitement rising in me.

     "I found her. She was unconscious on the road that I was driving on. I realized that she was a werewolf right away of course," he said the last sentence pointing at his nose with a small smile.

     "Where? Do you remember?"

     "Near Gyeonggi-do. But, why are you asking me these questions?"

     I avoided his gaze slightly. This would be the first time I ever told anyone about this. "My story might be really hard to believe, but it's true, okay?" Brandon nodded, I could see interest in his eyes. "I knew Amber, well Yiyun back then, when I was a kid," I started off, but I stopped as the waiter came back with our drinks. As soon as he left I took a deep breath, took a sip of my drink and started again. "Amber and I, we were both orphans and both of us were in the same orphanage." I looked up to see how Brandon was taking this, and his expression was only that of understanding. "I didn't realize Amber was Yiyun until a few days ago because she changed a lot."

     "Yes, werewolves change a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter