Remember?

Modern Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "Do you really not remember me? Yiyun." Amber slowly turned to me.

     "What?" Confusion was obvious in her eyes and I felt doubt start to creep up on me but I pushed it away. It had to be her. No. It was her. There was no way it wasn't her. Yiyun and Amber were the same person.

     "Yiyun. You're Yiyun. Right?" I said, staring straight into her eyes and taking a step forward.

     "Krystal. Are you okay?" Amber asked, tilting her head at me. I felt frustration build up. Was she faking it? Or did she really not know who I was? "Krystal. Who's this Yiyun?" Amber asked, her brows furrowing. How could I not have noticed earlier? Her eyebrow furrowing habit was exactly the same as Yiyun's.

     "You really don't remember me. Do you," I said. I felt a flash of pain at the realization and I guess it showed in my expression beacause Amber walked up to me.

     "Are you alright?" she asked, putting her hand on my forehead. All of her actions reminded me of Yiyun. Yiyun had always taken care of me, even if she had been the weaker one back then. I would have never even dreamt of Yiyun turning into the person in front of me now. Amber was tall where Yiyun had been short. Amber was lean where Yiyun had been painfully thin. And Amber was handsome where Yiyun had been...well ugly. Adding to all of those changes, even her hair color had changed, from the darkest black to a light, almost white, blonde. "Hey, Earth to Krystal?" Amber's voice cut in. And that voice. Amber's smooth, rich voice. I felt like laughing out loud. Yiyun's voice had been high pitched and squeaky. I sort of wished that the bullies back then could see how Yiyun had turned out.

     "Huh? Oh sorry. No, I'm fine. Nevermind," I said quickly. I realized that she really didn't remember me at all, and there was no point in asking her anymore. I would have to try and find out myself. About what had happened over the ten years that I hadn't seen her. Amber was still looking at me with a concerned expression and I decided to laugh it off. "Hey, I was just messing with you," I said, laughing and giving her a playful punch on her arm.

     "Oh. Really? What the hell Krystal," she said turning around and picking up the cup of water she had put down and draining it. She glared at me after she was done, and I giggled.

     "You should have seen your expression. It was priceless," I said, smirking at her. Her expression really had been funny though, if what I had said was actually a joke.

     "Shut up," Amber muttered, walking out of the kitchen. I followed her, a grin on my face. She was pretty cute when she was embarrassed. She walked up the stairs to her room and I followed her in. "Hey, who said you can come in?" she said, turning around.

     "You invited me to your house. You weren't going to just ditch me, were you?" I asked, crossing my arms. Amber looked like she was going to say something, but t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter