Help Me

Modern Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     "Krystal, I think I like you."

     Wait, what? What the hell was I sayng? I felt shock run through me and I broke off eye contact with her. Where in the world did that come from?

     "Uhm, wh-what?" I jumped at the sound of Krystal's voice.

    "Huh? Oh, haha. You know, as a friend. I didn't like you before but I like you now. Yeah," I said quickly. Yeah, that was it. I like her as a friend, nothing more. What was I thinking, anyway?

     "Oh, I see. You shouldn't say it like that. You confused me for a second there," Krystal said, laughing nervously.

     "Yeah, sorry about that," I said. I still didn't know where that sudden confession came from. I had just gotten caught up in the moment, that was it. Just looking at the stars and being only the two of us. And how undeniably beautiful Krystal was. Wait. No, I can't have those kinds of feelings for her, those things always end poorly. No, she was just a friend. Nothing else. "So, uhm, are you tired yet? I can take you home if you want."

     "Actually yeah, I'm feeling pretty tired," Krystal said, getting up. I also stood up and stretched my muscles and then crouched down.

     "Get on."

     "N-No, I can walk-"

     "You really want to walk down thirty plus flights of stairs? I don't think so," I said, turning to her with a skeptical look. I chuckled, shook my head, and turned back again. "Get on. It's getting late." Krystal complied, and when she was securely on my back, I easily straightened up. "Hang on." I ran down the thirty plus flights of stairs without breaking a sweat. Especially thanks to Krystal's light weight, going down those stairs wasn't a problem. When we finally got down, I stopped at the entrance. "We're going to have to stop here, unfortunately," I said, gently putting her down.

     "Yeah, thank you," she said quietly. I only nodded and smiled in response. I took in a breath and then pushed open the lighthouse doors. I held the door open for Krystal, then with abnormal speed, closed it and locked it with the chain that I had stuffed in the pocket of my shorts.Just as I turned around, my phone gave a beep and vibrated. I slid my hand into my pocket and pulled it out.

     "Oh come on. Not now," I muttered. Another fight at this time of night? Honestly.

     "Hey, what's wrong?"

     "I - there's a fight, again. Man these guys have a lot of energy," I explained, grumbling the last part. I could see the concerned look in Krystal's eyes.

     "Oh. Well you have to go, right?" she said, looking at me with her dark brown orbs.

     "Yeah, I do. I don't understand what they're doing at this time of night though," I muttered, ruffling the back of my head. "I'll call a cab for you. Sorry for pulling you out here like this," I said. 

     "No. I'm going with you, come on. Let's go." I stared at Krystal in confusion. Why would she even say that? But, to be honest, I hesitated before snapping myself back to reality.

     "No. It's too dangerous. We're monsters. A human shouldn't be involved in things like this," I said firmly.

     "But-"

     "No. You honestly have no idea how dangerous it is, do you. Come on Krystal, don't make this harder than it needs to be, yeah?"

     "Harder than what it needs to be? I beg to differ." With a growl, I spun around to see two guys and a girl standing only a few feet away. Just by their scent, I could tell that they were werewolves. By instinct, I pushed Krystal behind me, protecting her, and at the same moment, I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter