Down Memory Lane

Still Be Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaebum woke up to Jinyoung’s face less than a foot away from him. His arms were wrapped around the younger and he smiled at how peaceful Junior looked. After all their fights and schedules, JB only saw three faces of Junior: angry, serious, and fake, for the camera, of course. He forgot what calm Jinyoung looked like and he loved what he saw more than what he had been seeing since Youngjae came. He missed seeing Jinyoung like this. A lot.

"Jinyoung-ah, let's live well, okay?" he whispered as he played with the younger's hair.

JB checked the time only to see that it was quite early.  The boy slowly got up and left the room. Jinyoung opened his eyes and held his stuffed bear to fill the void Jaebum had left.

"Hopefully, hyung. Hopefully."


 

At the end of the week, they were done with Girls Girls Girls promotions, meaning tons of free time. Sure, they had the usual practices and lessons, but no more every day practices, no more intense dancing of the same song, no more interviews, no more shows, and no more going anywhere besides the JYP building and home.

A lot of the members ended up sleeping in and playing video games or something else of the sort. Mark, Jackson, and Bambam each were finding the time to skype with their families especially. It was heartwarming to see how much their parents loved and supported them from hundreds of miles away, or in Mark’s case, across the globe. Yugyeom, Jinyoung, and Jaebum were constantly trying to find some activity to entertain them when they were awake. Youngjae, however, was hardly around.

JB woke up to an empty mattress and kakaotalk ring from his phone. The leader hadn't seen much of his roommate, but didn't think much of it as he assumed the boy was hanging out with friends. It was his time to do what he wants and JB wanted to respect that.

"Maybe you should hang out with him and relax. Ease the tension."

It was a message from BtoB's Eunkwang. He had been talking to the leader about the situation, hoping for some advice. The leader felt stuck and knew that during their break would be the best time to try to patch things up. He wanted GOT7 to be close like BtoB as they both have a member that joined the group really close to debut.

"Okay. I'll try that. Thank you sunbae."

JB got up and walked to Jinyoung's room, who was still fast asleep. The room was quite neat, which pleased the leader who was obsessed with cleaning and organization. He grabbed one of the extra pillows and threw it at Jinyoung's face.

"Let me sleep more. I'm sleepy still," Jinyoung groaned, turning the other way.

"Okay, I guess I'll have a good time alone. Sleep well!" JB bluffed, slowly walking away.

Jinyoung had assumed the one hitting him was one of the devious maknaes, so he didn’t bother to even open his eyes when someone hit him. But hearing his voice, Jinyoung immediately opened his eyes and sat up only to receive a bright smile from the leader.

"Let’s go out?"

 

The two ended up going to an arcade that was a short walk away. The members didn’t bother to come along when they announced that they were going out, which was a relief for Jaebum as he need quality time with Jinyoung to simmer down the situation.

Back when they were trainees, if the two snuck out to do something fun, they often went to the local arcade. Being a trainee, their lives were strict on going to school to study and going to the company to practice. There was hardly any free time to be a teenager and live their lives like the average Korean student. Going to the arcade made them feel like a normal person, so the two loved it there.

“Look! Your high score is still up there after all these years!” Jaebum yelled as he watched a boy finish playing a round of Dance Dance Revolution.

“You’re PJY?” the boy asked as he turned around.

Jinyoung awkwardly smiled, his hand grabbing the back of his neck. The boy looked at him with such wonder that he didn’t know what to feel.

“Yeah, I am.”

“Can you play once! Please! I want to watch you!” the boy begged.

After much pleading from Jaebum and the young boy, Jinyoung went on the DDR floor and started to play. At first, he was uncomfortable and danced awkwardly. But once he felt comfortable, he started to dance his heart out, bringing out a small audience.

“High score!” the game announced, earning a smile from the slightly sweaty dancer.

“Wow, you were amazing! I wish I could watch you dance all the time,” the boy praised.

“Check out GOT7. Both me and my friend are in the group,” Jinyoung whispered. The leader looked at Junior and motioned him to leave. “Well, we should leave now. Bye!”

The boy waved goodbye and the two left the arcade. They decided to go to their second favorite place. It was this little café spot, but it was different from the other places as it had a super strong caffeinated beverage that the two often drank during trainee days when they felt unprepared before the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter