Jongin and Haeun

Forever and Always
Chapter 1: Jongin and Haeun
Jongin and Haeun crawled into their own respective beds as they slowly fell asleep.

Jongin was on the top of the double decker bed, and Haeun was on the top of another double decker bed.

They were just one metre away from each other.

“Haeun,” Jongin softly called out.

“Yes?” Haeun yawned and she softly whispered back.

They didn’t want to wake their siblings up who were sleeping below them.

 

“About today..” Jongin whispered.

“I won’t tell anyone,” Haeun said. Jongin sat up. “I’m not talking about my tooth. I’m talking about the promise you made today.”

“What promise?” Haeun asked, rubbing her eye. “Ahh, that one?”

Jongin nodded. “You really promise me?”

Haeun smiled and nodded her head. “I promise. We will get married when we grow up.”

“Why are you so sure?”

“How hard is it for us to get married? We just need the permission of our parents, right?”

“True..” Jongin nodded his head. “So, it’ll be our little secret and our promise?” He grinned. “Forever?”

“Haeun grinned and nodded. “And always.”

Jongin stretched his pinky out. “Pinky promise.” He showed off his toothless smile that made Haeun giggle as she stretched her pinky out. “Pinky promise.”

 

And that was when they were seven years old.

 

 

“You can’t catch me!” Jongin ran faster and faster.

He laughed as Haeun ran behind him, chasing him while he ran even faster. Those legs of his were growing fast, that Haeun felt like whacking those legs of his so that it could shrink to her size.

“When I catch you, you’ll be dead, Kim Jongin,” she muttered. Though she could feel anger and unfairness, she couldn’t help but smile and laugh as she continued chasing after him.

They have been going on for years, the same old thing that they will never get tired of.

 

Haeun stopped to catch her breath, as she clutched onto her chest and panted, before continuing to chase after him.

Jongin continued to run faster and faster, until he sensed that Haeun wasn’t chasing him.

 

He turned back and frowned. “Slowpoke.”

He slowly walked back and saw Haeun lying on the ground as his eyes widened in shock. “Haeun!”

Jongin ran towards her and bent down, cupping her face with his hand. Haeun slowly opened her eyes, looking at Jongin and coughed, gasping for air. “Jongin.. I.. I can’t, br-breathe,” she whispered.

 

 

At the door, Jongin could hear Haeun’s mother crying as the doctor walked away.

Haeun was only fourteen years old, when they discovered she had a heart disease.

Jongin thought of the days he played with Haeun, when he was bawling his eyes out that he was going to die, and Haeun had to comfort him.

 

While now, Haeun was going to die, and Jongin, didn’t know how to comfort her.

Haeun opened her eyes as she blinked and slowly shifted her gaze to the window. She saw Jongin looking back at her and she slowly smiled.

I’m okay, she mouthed.

Jongin looked back at her, and saw her lips in the oxygen mask curving into a weak smile. He smiled back, and nodded.

He raised his pinky. Pinky promise? he mouthed.

Haeun slowly raised her pinky up and nodded.

 

 

Haeun dealt with the fact that she has a heart disease. But she didn’t take that in mind. She didn’t take the fact that she was going to die within a few years, because six years has passed, and she’s still alive.

Six years, isn’t a few years.

 

“Women are such a pest,” Daeun mumbled as he cycled along the neighbourhood with Jongin.

“Always wasting money just to shop,” Daeun grumbled even more while Jongin just smiled and shook his head, cycling along with him. “Just give in to your girlfriend,” he said and Daeun rolled his eyes.

 

Jongin looked straight ahead and he patted Daeun’s shoulder, smiling. “I think there’s another woman to pester you from now onwards,” he said.

“What?” Daeun frowned.

Jongin pointed to the taxi.

 

Haeun stepped out of the taxi while she dragged the luggage in one hand and she waved. “Daeun!”

Daeun looked at Haeun and immediately smiled. “Haeun!”

He got off his bicycle and ran towards her. He immediately hugged her and grabbed her luaggage.

 

“Daeun, Jongin,” she greeted and smiled. Jongin smiled back.

“Haeun! Why didn’t you tell me to pick you at the airport?” Daeun asked his younger sister.

“I wanted to give you a surprise!” She laughed. “Stop joking, you have an illness, you shouldn’t exhaust yourself,” Daeun chided.

 

Haeun smiled and jumped.

“Yah! You can’t do anything strenous!”

“The doctor said I have already recovered. In the future I won’t have any relapses!” she exclaimed.

“Really?!” Jongin exclaimed all of a sudden and Haeun smiled. “I have my medical report. The doctor in England said my heart is functioning well. If you don’t believe, you can cut me open and see it for yourself,” she joked and immediately got a flick on her forehead by her brother.

“Ouch! Daeun!”

 

When they got back home, Daeun immediately rushed into the room, leaving Haeun and Jonginn alone in the living room.

Haeun looked up at Jongin. *He really grew during these six years..* she thought.

His skin was darker, healthier and his shoulders were broad and firm. His hair was gelled up and his facial features were more distinct, attractive.

After all, it’s been six years since they last met each other, it won’t be weird if they feel awkward if each other, right?

“Jongin,” Haeun spoke up.

“Yes?” Jongin spoke up almost immediately.

“For these past six years, have you been living with Daeun?” she asked. Jongin nodded. “I moved into the city with Daeun since our families both live in the countryside. It’s nearer to our school too. We cycle to school.”

“I’m planning to enroll into the same school as you and Daeun,” she said. “What are you majoring in now?” she asked.

“Arts. More of acting,” he said and Haeun’s eyes lit up. “I’m in the same course too! We will have each other then.” She smiled.

Jongin smiled back.

 

“Any girlfriends lately?” she joked and Jongin pinked. “Of course not!” his voice a little higher than usual and Haeun laughed. “Well I have!”

Jongin’s eyes widened. “In England?”

Haeun nodded and counted using her fingers which made Jongin pout. She looked at his expression and laughed once more. “I’m just joking! I just want to see your expression whenever you feel sad. Kim Jongin, for all these years I’ve thought you matured, but it seems like it’s just your height and your mind still need some improvements.”

Jongin bit back a smile and crossed his arms. “As if you have matured alot. Playing with these kind of silly jokes just for the sake of my expression? You really like my face alot do ya?”

“Not as much as you being full of yourself,” Haeun snorted.

“You still snort?! I kicked that habit when you left for England!” he faked a gasp.

“Well I kicked the habit of snoring just like how I kicked you away.”

He cleared his throat. “I was the one that kicked you all the way to England.”

“Ahem, you scared me to England with your sleepwalking disease,” she corrected.

“I don’t sleepwalk anymore!” he exlcaimed.

 

“I can hear you from inside! What were you guys talking about that made you guys so excited?” Daeun shouted from the room.

Both Haeun and Jongin bit back a smile and giggled, pointing a finger at each other and mouthing it’s your fault.

That was when they both hit the 20 year mark. But still same maturity level.

 

They would always tease and joke with one another, seeing each other since the start of the day cycling to school, in school, lessons, lectures, and to the end of the day.

They were literally with each other 24/7. And yet, they will never be sick of each other.

ELLO EVERYBODY! I wanted this to be a one shot but then again, I'm too long winded and I want Jongin and OC to have more moments together for you guys to experience their feelings in the later chapters! There will be four chapters and if you are currently enjoying this chapter, do feel free to subscribe and upvote! Please do comment too! I love your feedback! ^^