Baby Steps (Part 2)

Photographs

Harsh winds whipped and a cold, rainy breeze swept through the city as rain doused everything – and it was no drizzle but a forthcoming of a storm. The calm before a storm happened earlier that day and as night fell, so did the storm made its presence known to everyone.

Tears from heavens were mercilessly raining down unto the earth, landing wherever, dousing everything wet, making the paths hazy and misty and creepy. Such was the strength of the storm that the streets, the cars and everything was deserted – everyone was inside their own houses. Lights were blinking from the different cars parked on the streets, the traffic lights were still working despite the circumstances but nothing much more than that. The city was closed and locked from any movement.

A lone entity treads through the dismal streets and pushes through despite the weather conditions. Absurd and crazy as it may seem, yet this stranger continues on with the deed. Rain and wind whipped yet those weren’t the only ones that got blasted away from the stranger’s face – tears, tears were also whisked as the weather beat the stranger.

Glum enveloped the stranger’s features and the weather seemed to have fit the vibe the former was giving off. Wails were masked by the whistles of the wind and tears were masked by that of the rain. They say coldness don’t beat coldness but this was no competition. The weather and the stranger had a synergy.

However, if this was a competition, the weather would’ve been beaten by the stranger by a huge deficit. The coldness provided by the storm was only external and will soon fade and dissipate, but the stranger’s was internal and continues to spread through, seeping through every muscle, every bone. The coldness from the heart, the ice cap that has formed over it can never go away, can never fade until something warm breaks it which has already passed and caused the ice cap to form.

Alas, as the weather worsens, the stranger has reached a destination and walked inside a house. Her house. As the doors closed, the rain was shielded and blocked out of the property.

If the outside was cold, the inside of the house seemed colder. Lights stayed off despite the stranger’s presence. Straight through a room, the petite girl went through and clicked the locks closed. Immediately as the locks clicked, the stranger, the girl, went to a corner and everything just hinted broken.

Just as the storm, the rain and the winds, have gone stronger, so did the black hole became bigger inside this one particular house. In the middle of a storm, another storm was brewing inside someone, a storm stronger than the storm currently wading through the city, a storm seemingly unstoppable yet remains unseen and hindered from the eye. Though, the omnipotent eyes see.

An angel’s cry is the saddest and most painful thing for anyone to see or hear, yet on this fateful stormy night, nothing stood out save for the pounding rain and the harsh winds and a cry was hardly ever heard and a broken entity ever seen.