Can...?

Photographs

Sorry for the long wait. I got busy and all. I'm really, really sorry for the wait, guys. m(_ _)m

I hope I can make it up with this chapter.

Enjoy ~ ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing can be forced – things cannot be put right once they’ve already turned for the worst and things can never be made possible if those things really can never be.

Matters of the heart cannot be forced yet circumstances much more. A barrier stands in between, and nothing can be done about it. A life of such will never work for it will be a life for a death or a death for a life.

 

“Can we really do nothing?” a girl asked another, tears welling in her eyes, threatening to make its way down her face.

The other one shook her head, eyes full of sadness, grave sadness.

“Please… don’t leave.” The girl pleaded once more, holding the other girl’s hands in hers tightly, unwilling to let them go.

Once more, the other girl shook her head.

“I’m sorry… but we can never be.  I’m sorry I loved you. I’m sorry I let you love me. I’m sorry you loved me.”

She bowed her head in sadness, as tears slowly escaped her eyes. She returned the first girl’s hold but gripped it tighter than the other, much more afraid than the first girl.

“No, no. No Taeyeon, no. Please don’t say sorry.” The girl responded, addressing the other, whose name was Taeyeon.

“Tiffany…” Taeyeon began to say.

“No, Taeng. This wasn’t your fault. We weren’t at fault. Right?”

Tiffany gazed unto Taeyeon’s eyes looking for confirmation and assurance, but for which she did not find.

“It was definitely my fault, Fany-ah. You falling in love with me and me falling in love with you.”

Tiffany kept on shaking her head, while tears made their way down her face. She kept hold of Taeyeon’s hands and her eyes were only trained on her.

“You were just my mission, my subject. Nothing more, nothing less. Yet, somehow, this happened. Us happened. And I’m sorry for that. I’m sorry for everything.”

“No need to say sorry, okay?” Tiffany let Taeyeon’s hands go in order for her to hold the other’s shoulders, giving the latter some sort of reassurance, that she wasn’t at fault.

Still,Taeyeon kept her stand and just shook her head miserably.

“I’m sorry…”

 At this, Tiffany lost it.

“How dense can you get Kim Taeyeon?! I told you this is not your fault. None of this is!” Tiffany yelled in exasperation, her hands releasing their hold on her.

She went away from Taeyeon’s side and walked about half the length of the room then covered her face with her hands as sobs escaped from her lips. She was shaking as her emotions went out of control and released themselves.

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah…” Taeyeon whimpered as she closed in on Tiffany for a hug which the girl accepted without any protest.

“I’m sorry, too, Taeyeon.”

The two shared the moment, savoured each other’s presence for a long while and stayed like that for some time. Rain thundered outside and there were ceaseless drops from the heavens above. Yet, the two stayed oblivious and uncaring about the outside as they’ve got a lot to handle on their own.

Thunder roared and lightning flashed yet Taeyeon and Tiffany remained on each other’s arms. Inside the room where they’re in, it was mostly dark, scarcely lit by the lampshade on the bedside table. As lightning flashed outside, their faces were reflected, making them look rather ghastly in appearance.

After a few moments of being on each other’s hold, they finally released and parted from the hug, which would somehow be their last as what would follow next, to which Tiffany wasn’t deemed ready and prepared for. And absolutely clueless about.

Taeyeon wiped the tears off of Tiffany’s eyes.

Tiffany leaned her face to Taeyeon’s touch and closed her eyes, just letting the other’s touch soothe her. Taeyeon’s tears made their way down her face again.

I’m sorry, Fany-ah. I’m sorry but I’ve got to do this.

“Will you tuck me in tonight, even though I’m not a child?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon and the latter nodded, smiling at the former’s use of words.

“Of course.” Taeyeon replied. “Mushroom.”

Tiffany smiled at the remark, feeling a bit hopeful and happy than the opposite whenever Taeyeon calls her by that.

Taeyeon made Tiffany her bed and help her set on it. They laid side by side on bed, as Taeyeon told Tiffany some stories which would help her fall asleep.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Tiffany asked a question after Taeyeon has told her different stories.

“Will you stay by me, Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked, her eyes already closing wanting some sleep.

“Always.” Taeyeon responded, swallowing a huge lump in , with a sad smile on her lips and tears in her eyes, though unknown to Tiffany for she had already closed her eyes.

“Can you sing for me then?”

Taeyeon was a bit taken aback by the sudden request but recovered herself immediately.

“Sure thing, Miyoung-ah.” A sad smile graced Taeyeon’s lips.

“Thank you…” Tiffany said in a whisper, as sleep is slowly taking her consciousness away.

Taeyeon then sang, with each word, Tiffany is falling more and more in love with her and more and more succumbing herself to sleep.

|| Lightning don’t strike, the same place twice

When you and I said goodbye, I felt the angels cry ||

“I love you.” Tiffany says in a whisper midway through the song.

Taeyeon had to stop herself from crying and muffle the sobs that nearly escaped her lips. She forced herself to continue on with the song, its chorus, after a brief pause, hoping that Tiffany wouldn’t notice it that much that she would open her eyes.

|| True love’s a gift but we let it slip

In a storm, every night, I feel the angel’s cry ||

“I love you, too.”

Tiffany smiled in her sleep as she heard the last of the words, but feeling all of Taeyeon’s emotions and heart as she said those words in conclusion to the song’s chorus. She had finally succumbed to sleep and laid peacefully on her bed.

Taeyeon finally lost control and her tears finally made their way down her face. She buried herself on Tiffany’s neck, near her collarbone, and just let her grievances go. She finally released all the emotions she’s been holding up till then.

Sobs and whimpers echoed throughout the room – a sad, deafening muffled cry that would leave a heart broken if heard, even if one doesn’t know the reason. Taeyeon let all her emotions go as she laid by Tiffany’s side.

A few minutes had passed and Taeyeon was now out of gas – her tears had stopped falling since none would any longer fall and her heart had already been emptied out.

She was hollowed inside out. Everything that she’s bottled up, her tears, her pleas, her grievances, everything was released, everything was let out in that one cry.

She propped herself up and turned to look at Tiffany.

I’m sorry, Miyoung-ah. I’m sorry.

Her gaze was soft and love it was filled with. Taeyeon has been emptied of all save her love for Tiffany.

I’m sorry we’ve come to this. I’m sorry we ever happened but I’ll never regret loving you, Hwang Miyoung. Never.

She said this in her mind as she planted a kiss on Tiffany’s forehead.

As Taeyeon made her leave, she looked back and glanced at Tiffany for the last time, for the last time where the sleeping mushroom would recognize her as someone, for the last time that she would know her as her. Tears made their way down her face again as she bid goodbye and jumped off the window and into the dark, night sky.