Baby Steps (Part 1)

Photographs

It was a bright, sunny summer day. The sun was at its highest peak and heat was bouncing off walls in the houses. Noon time was a pretty desolate time – no one was out in the streets for the heat was too intense, too much for anyone to handle to go out and go somewhere. Everyone was under the shade of their respective houses, where air conditioners are running wild to keep their places cold, struggling to provide cold air in times of heat.

A shade of white and blue is gracing the colors of the sky, as the horizon is highlighted by the sizzling sun. Birds were chirping everywhere, but there was hardly any wind blowing – it was as if time had stopped; nothing was moving, everything was at a standstill, everything but the ticking of the clock, who so woefully continues amidst everything else.

A door was closed, a lock was placed, a certain place was put to a shut down. A silhouette was last seen before everything and everyone else was put to the dark, as the portal was closed and light was ousted out of the premises.

Inside, as the omnipotent eyes see, a girl is hidden within the comfort of the night, the shade of the dark, the veil of nothingness. Nothing was ever clear for there was a huge void enveloping the entire place. Everything was in the dark, save for some crystal-like eyes that shines despite the darkness. However, the lowness of the hue, the shade of its sparkle are quite noticeable – they weren’t shining because of glee, no sparks were emitted, nothing. Instead, they were shining because of brokenness, a shattered piece of art, a destroyed masterpiece.

In the light of a beautiful summer day, a nightmare has unfolded. A shattered dream so immensely horrifying, nothing ever came right after everything happened. A story forever enclosed in a frame, a horror forever frozen in place. A standing reminder, a monument, for when the frame dropped and fell to the ground, when gravity pulled it back straight down to the earth and the glass shattered, the picture-perfect moment was ruined and nothing was put back to place ever again.