DAY 5

BUCKET OF LAYJUN

Junmyeon is playing with his little scoop and bucket when he sees a pair of white shoes standing close to his sand castle. He looks up and sees a fair boy about his age looking at him. His eyes are bright with excitement and curiosity.
"Hello" The boy greets Junmyeon, waving his long fingers.
Junmyeon puts down his belongings and gets on his feet.
"Hello. I'm Junmyeon but call me Junnie" Junmyeon hold out his hand. He smiles wide, his chubby redden cheeks are really cute in the other's eyes.
"I'm Yixing." Yixing holds out his own hand to handshake back Junmyeon.
Hearing the unusual name to his ears, little Junmyeon knits his eyebrows, "Not a korean?"
Yixing nods anxiously, afraid that Junmyeon doesn't want to befriend with him. But instead, Junmyeon grins more and shakes Yixing's hand.
"I'll be your friend! We can play together! Do you want to build a sandcastle with me?" Junmyeon beams. His fluffy dark brown hair shuffles along with the move of his hand.
Yixing bends down on his knees and takes Junmyeon's scoop meanwhile Junmyeon is busy building his castle. Yixing was just coming from China yesterday and he is new to the neighbourhood. His mom let him go to the park nearby and he found Junmyeon was playing alone, too busy to care with his surroundings. As a 5 year-old kid, Yixing could say that Junmyeon is adorable.
"Junnie?" Yixing calls.
Junmyeon looks up from his castle, "yes?"
"Will you come to my house tonight? Mama is making cake"
Junmyeon's eyes get bigger, he looks like a bunny. "Can I? I love cakes!"
Yixing nods. "We can play in my room too!" He adds.
Junmyeon jumps and pulls Yixing to stand up. He holds Yixing's hands and spins them around, laughing.
When they're too dizzy after spinning, Junmyeon hugs Yixing.
"We will be together forever okay?"
Yixing smiles, his new friend is really cute.
"Eung!" Junmyeon's eyes sparkle to the answer. He smiles widely to the new boy in the neighborhood.
"Pinky promise?" Junmyeon holds out his pinky.
Yixing takes his pinky and they seal the promise.
"Let's go! I want you to meet my mama then we can eat cake!"
Junmyeon gathers his stuffs and walks ahead from Yixing. Yixing shakes his head at the bunny then runs after Junmyeon. He takes Junmyeon's fingers to his and intertwines them.
"Slow down Junnie"
Junmyeon just puffs his cheeks then pouts, "Junnie is hungry, Xingie"
Yixing pats Junmyeon's fluffy locks. "I promise there will be enough cake for you"
And they walk home hand in hand happily. They jump here and there. Yixing has to hold Junmyeon a little bit firmer as the latter sometimes stumbles upon his own little feet. Junmyeon innocently chuckles at his own action and leaves Yixing laugh happily at him. Somehow, Junmyeon likes the way Yixing laughs as he can see a miracle on his face when he laughs, a cute deep dimple. So since that time, Junmyeon is determined to make Yixing laugh more as he wants to claim his miracle. They never know their first meeting will turn into something more in the future. They are still kids after all.