Requests: Puppy Proposal

Genesis (Volume 02)

She always wanted one.

He had hidden it away.

She thought it'd be fun.

It was way more than okay.

Requested by ß duixing (ø)

...xXx...

Snow fluttered down, almost suspended mid-air to reflect the colorful Christmas lights. She burrowed deeper into her jacket, burrowing her nose into her scarf while watching out for a familiar blond flop of hair. She was checking her phone when it buzzed in her fingers. She grinned at the caller ID.

"Boyfriend!" she greeted cheerfully, the cold numbing her fingertips. 

"Hey Girlfriend," his familiar timber returned, a chuckle in his voice. "Calling to let you know that there's been a change of plans. I'm running a little late so can you head on over home on your own?"

"Home?" she repeated, confused. "My home?"

"Yup," he confimed, a touch amused. "That's the one."

"But we were going for food," she pointed out, already starting on the walk home.

"Trust me. You'll like this much better," he promised,  a crash in the background. Her eyebrows raised in alarm.

"What was that?" she asked with reasonable worry, checking the street both ways before crossing. 

"My attempt at our dinner on the floor," he admitted, sighing. "Well, screw dinner, right? Especially when I got your favorite cookies?"

She stopped in her tracks, a rushing businessman almost crashing into her and shaking his fist at her as he moved around her.

"Seriously?" 

"Yup."

"From Jinju?"

"You bet."

"Give me ten minutes."

"Wait, ten? Mi-"

She didn't hear the rest of it since she hung up. True to her word, she was rounding the curb onto her street in seven minutes and pulling out her keys at the front door on the border of eight. 

"Stop that!" came the shout from inside. There was a noise. She froze.

"She's going to be here any moment an-"

She shoved open the door at a repeat of the sound.

"Where is it?" she demanded, shutting the door behind her before throwing all of her stuff down. The kitchen was messy and all her Christmas decorations still in place. 

"Miyoung, you're early," her boyfriend stated, flustered. "You-"

"Give it to me!" she shouted, looking around wildly. "Where is it?"

"Babe," he called, smiling now.

"Don't mess with me Byunghun! Give it to me!" she repeated, racing through the rooms to spot-

She squealed, high and loud.

"Puppy!" she greeted, tossing the top of the present off and cuddling up to the small creature. She made a high sound in as the puppy wagged his - her? - tail.

"Dari named it Sora Roxas the Third," he informed, his phone out and recording her; she couldn't find it within herself to be mad. 

"Boy?" she questioned, holding up the golden retriever puppy. 

"Girl," Byunghun answered, chuckling at her face. "Dari said it was payback for Kairi Namine the Second."

"Where'd you keep her?' she asked, petting the soft fur under her fingers lightly. "I've been over at your place too much for you to keep her."

"I asked Niel for a favor," he stated, chuckling. 

"But Sooyeon is allergic," Miyoung recalled, tilting her head. "How did she visit then?"

"He visited her. Or rather, stayed with her," he admitted, giving a half-smile, half-grimace. "They were disgustingly cute whenever I visited."

"They say the same when they visit us," she reminded, gesturing for him to remove the camera and sit with her. He complied. 

"Yeah but we, like, make out. They cuddle," he clarified with a shudder.

"We cuddle too," she pointed out, raising an eyebrow crossly.

"Alone. We cuddle when alone," he informed. "They cuddle all the time. Anyways, I'll grab the wine that was supposed to be with dinner."

"But cookies," she remembered, pouting. "Wine doesn't go with cookies."

"Milk in wine glasses?" he compromised. She nodded.

She made faces at the puppy and cooed, admiring the-

"Adorable puppy. Aren't you the prettiest thing Sora? Yes you are," she declared, rewarded with a short and adorably high-pitched bark. She squealed again.

"Careful. I don't want to be replaced," Byunghun joked, seating himself again and handing her one of the two wine glasses he had balanced with one hand while holding a plate of cookies with the other.

"Maybe as a cuddle buddy since you protested that," she teased, winking. They laughed together. 

"Merry Christmas," Byunghun stated, offering her the glass.

"Merry Christmas," she replied, tapping the edge of her glass with his. They took a shot of milk, eating warm cookies - Jinju was a baking goddess - and cuddling when Sora decided to explore the home. 

"Why don't you play whatever's on the DVD?" Byunghun suggested, taking her glass and the plate. "I'll grab more cookies and milk."

She pecked him on the lips and only after he was out of sight did she finally sit up and find the remote - under the cushion, again - and turn the TV on. Last she checked, Brave was in the machine, maybe Princess and the Frog as leftover from yesterday's Disney marathon. 

Except what started up was a picture slideshow of her time with Byunghun, starting from when they first met at a his-friends-and-her-friends get-together in high school that resulted in a food fight and a week of detention. There was homecoming, prom, and the double dates with either Dari or Jinju or Sooyeon or Xiuxiu (only once to Disneyland and she didn't know anything she regretted more than that). That time he visited her in the hospital when she came down with pnuemonia and had to skip school - good! - but spent the next two weeks catching up on work - bad! - and pictures for when he tried to tutor her but failed because he hated math just as much as she did. And at the very end was a new picture, of her cuddling not-even-two-hours-gifted Sora.

She turned towards the doorway, mouth open but soundless when she spotted him. Her heart fluttered because he was in a tuxedo - which he hated, she knew, though he looked absolutely beautiful - and she was still in her comfy clothes, her favorite pink sweater with a heart and random sweats. 

"Byunghun," she called hesitantly, feeling tears push against her eyes. He walked over, eyes nervous but smile brilliant.

He got down on one knee and she thought she could have lived without air.

"Park Miyoung, I'm happy being with you. I don't want to have to call my house and my home separate places any longer. Marry me?"

She shrieked for the last time for that night as she embraced him; her squeals tomorrow, explaining what happened to her friends though, that was another story.

...xXx...

Inspired by 0 This