Fanfiction: Cat Haven 01

Genesis (Volume 02)

They gain some kittens

And a few questions

(Aka new companions

For life's missions).

Inspired by ß leejooheon's chapter (ø)

...xXx...

"Technically, it's not buying stuff for you guys," Dari argued, noticing Sooyeon's look. "Technically, I'm giving my friends awesome discounts while they buy more stuff for their new kittens."

She yelped as a familiar Siamese latched onto her leg. 

"Woohyun," she complained, reaching down. The kitten meow-ed at his name and released his clawed hold, already reaching up to meet her embrace halfway. 

Yuki and Sooyeon exchanged looks.

"Spoiling him," Yuki declared. Miyoung looked up from where she was shopping - or to be more accurate, from where she was dumping one of everything into a shopping cart. 

"Trust me," Dari huffed, lifting him up; he began purring, rubbing his face against her cheek, "it's better to give him what he wants. Besides, I haven't seen you put down your kittens." 

She gestured to Sooyeon with one hand as, indeed, she held Sungjong and had Myungsoo on one shoulder. Sooyeon flushed and smiled sheepishly.

"Not for lack of trying," Yuki demonstrated, lifting Myungsoo off of the shorter's shoulder and putting him on the ground. He sat on Sooyeon's foot and mewled. 

"Can you say no to that face?" she asked, looking up at Dari with one eyebrow raised. Dari looked down in time to see Sungjong look at Myungsoo and reach for him with a sorrowful whine.

Too much cuteness.

"Ok. No," she admitted, internally chanting for Sooyeon to reunite the two kittens. 

"I'm done!" Miyoung chirped, returning to the trio just as Sooyeon leaned down and offered Myungsoo her arm. The three all stared as Myungsoo walked up her arm to sit on her shoulder - with his claws.

"Doesn't that hurt?" Miyoung asked, wincing in empathy. 

"Not too badly," Sooyeon excused, holding up her arm where there were tiny pinpricks of nails. "It feels kind of like getting a shot."

The three girls stared at her.

"An annual flu shot, not my wisdom teeth surgery shot or a gunshot," she clarified, Sungjong and Myungsoo touching noses and communicating something with each other. 

The three girls shared looks with each other. 

"Gentle reminder. Take care of yourself today," Yuki stated, looking pointedly at the claw marks with a quirked brow. Sooyeon chuckled.

"I won't die, but I will disinfect it later," the shortest promised. Myungsoo rubbed his cheek against hers in apology, mewing. 

"So, yellow?" Dari asked in distraction, looking over Miyong's future purchases and the overwhelming color. 

"It's my favorite color," Miyoung explained, shrugging."Besides," she pointed at her kitten, "he likes it too."

Sungyeol was, within the cart, determinedly pouncing on the various yellow toys. 

"Too much cuteness," Yuki deadpanned. The girls laughed. 

"Ok. You're done with your shopping spree, Miyoung," Dari noted, smiling. She turned to Yuki and Sooyeon with a predatory glint in her eye. "Time to shop for them."

"I love convincing people to buy stuff!" Miyoung chirped, an equally mischievous look crawling up her face. 

Sooyeon and Yuki exchanged looks. 

This was going to .

-oOo-

She leaned back, closing her eyes and counting silently. 

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7-

A tiny paw pressed against her cheek, and she opened her eyes, coming nose-to-nose with a familiar friend. 

"I hope both of you are cats," she voiced, watching as Myungsoo's eyes opened and closed slowly. She repeated the gesture, smiling lightly as Sungjong mewled and jumped into her lap. She pet him absent-mindedly, still looking at Myungsoo.

"It's not that hybrids are bad," she clarified, seeing him look at her with confusion. "But I just don't feel equipped to raise them."

She looked to Sungjong.

"What do you think?" she asked, watching as he purred and leaned into her touch. She smiled. 

-oOo-

She woke up when something was tickling her nose. 

"Sungyeol," she mumbled without even opening her eyes, pushing the furball slightly. "I don't want to eat your fur." 

He made a sound at her and slapped his paw on her cheek to protest as always but-

Yup, that was a hand on her cheek. 

She reached out, feeling around for her phone. Oh nope. Oops. There went the clock. (Sungyeol hissed at the loud noise.) She managed to grab her phone and unlock it without even looking at the screen. She called her first speed dial. 

"Miyoung?" Dari answers, sounding sleepy and confused. 

"Yeah, Dari," she greeted, suppressing a yawn. "So I think Sungyeol is a hybrid."

Silence.

"Think?" her friend repeated.

"Well I'm scared to look at him directly, but his paw is a small human hand now so..."

Silence.

"I have to look at him, don't I?"

"Yup," Dari informed, popping the last letter.

She braced herself and peeked out one eye. 

"Yeah. He's a hybrid. Guess we're going to need clothes."

"An excuse for more presents," Dari stated, sounding amused. 

"Why Dari, I would never," she returned, putting mock offense in her voice. 

"I'll send some to you and to the others," Dari replied, chuckling and sounding more awake. "Is he cute still?"

She peeked one eye open again. He was so tiny; he looked like a toddler. 

"Adorable," she informed, matter-of-factly. 

-oOo-

She stared at the package and its contents with horror. 

The note Dari left her didn't make her feel any better. 

She narrowed her eyes at Sunggyu who his paw and groomed himself. 

"Even if you're a hybrid, I refuse to take you with me to work."

He gave her an unimpressed look and returned to grooming himself.

Bang Dari
store owner / heiress
(of an international pet / hybrid store chain)

Lee Howon

Jang Donwoo

Nam Woohyun

Park Miyoung
boba cafe owner
(of a chain all over Korea)

Lee Sungyeol

Choi Sooyeon
programmer / website designer

Lee Sungjong

Kim Myungsoo

Byul Yuki
doctor

Kim Sunggyu