Super Natural: ??? - Incomplete

Genesis (Volume 02)

Lurking in the shadows underneath the moon,

They roam the streets when it gets dark.

But before that, they study away, hidden by ancient rune,

And hope they earn more than one passing mark.

Inspired by ß Dream and Fic (below)

...xXx...

She disliked Ms. Min.

That was an understatement actually because she hated Ms. Min and what was worse was that the feeling was mutual. It was almost as if Satan himself had decided to make her life miserable in the form of one hellhound - Study of All Creatures Professor, Min Hyorin.

"I hate life," she grumbled, slamming her head down on the table as the said she-monster left the class, the collected pop quizzes held tightly in her grasp.

"It was just a pop quiz Miyoung," the female classmate diagonal from her pointed out, leaning on the back legs of her chair precariously with her hands behind her head. Of course, Kim Jinju was a trickster and- "Worst comes to worst, I'll trick her and pretend she never gave them in the first place."

"Please just do it now," Miyoung groaned, literally feeling her brain implode. "It's hard enough being human in a school of different beings but having to memorize a new curriculum is killer."

"Me and you both," her seat partner, the only other normal human in their class, grumbled. 

"Don't complain Jaehyo," Jinju sighed, turning around to look at the male face-to-face. "I saw you studying before the test. You were probably one of the most prepared out of all of us." 

"Actually," a male commented, catching their attention from behind - behind Miyoung more specifically. "Sooyeon-" He gestured to the girl beside him, her eyes focused on the book in her hands with a one-minded concentration that was impressive. "-told me through a dream that we probably had a pop quiz today so we both studied early."

"You warned Hyunseung but not all of us?" Jaehyo complained, receiving no answer in return. "Sooyeon, I'm talking to you."

Sooyeon looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow, pointing at herself.

"Yes you," Jaehyo ascertained, receiving a roll of her eyes in return. Sooyeon tapped - or where would have been if she was human - in reminder that she couldn't talk - literally - and turned around, tapping her knuckles lightly to desk behind her.

"What? Oh. Need a voice?" the male behind her offered, snappng his fingers. 

Thank you Jongup. appeared in the air, written in her own writing - white instead of black but as if by real ink. Sooyeon turned back to them then.

If I said I had a hunch of a pop quiz, none of you would have studied anyways except Hyunseung. She raised an eyebrow.

There was a pause of silence.

"Ok, point taken," Miyoung agreed, sighing. "Still, next time at least try?"

There was a rough sketch of a thumbs up, simple and not realistic but recognizable all the same. Then it shifted. So I should probably tell you guys that I think Professor Song is going to collect this chapter's work in an hour.

"What?!" There was a collective cry from around the room and there was a mad scramble for papers and work. 

"For once!" Kyo cheered from the very back, jumping up on her chair and causing her table - and by effect, Yifan's as well because who knew monsters used the same two-seater tables that Miyoung hadn't seen since elementary - to squeak forwards. "I finished my work."

There was a pause.

"Seriously?" Jongup asked, turning on his chair to look at the female without obstacles. "You did it? But you never did it!"

"Yes I have!" Kyo retorted before scowling, eyebrows scrunching together. "I mean...Nah, you're right."

She laughed.

"But seriously!" she remarked, cheering and doing a little victory dance. "I did it on time!"

Congratulations. was written in the air above Sooyeon's head.

"Thank you my Astomi friend," the werewolf alpha shouted, jumping down from her chair and near-howling with glee.

...xXx... "It's what's in his heart that counts, you can't judge a bat by its wings, right?"

I decided to write this after reading Running With Wolves by taelighted. I enjoyed learning about the different supernatural creatures in a manner that wasn't romanticized and after reading it, I even had a dream in which my friends and I were monsters, attending high school in order to fit in with humans because though we were monsters, we weren't monsters. This, thus, came into fruition. 

¤ Super Natural High School - dedicated to making you seem natural since 1666
 • Instructors: 
  
· Ancient Runes (Language) - Kang Gaeri (Grim Reaper - humanoid spirit in charge of collecting souls after death ; only does duty, otherwise punished)
  · Study of All Creatures (Science) - Min Hyorin (Hellhound - dog spirit who signals death for humans ; has various powers generally for protection)
  · Monsters Over the Ages (History) - Song Jihyo (Ghost - undead spirit who gains more power longer on earth ; usually unfriendly and obsessive)
  · Brutal Basics (Math) - Choi Hongman (Sasquath - human-ape creature who is large and has claws ; shy/stoic and lover of nature)
  · Corporeal Practice (P.E) - Shin Donghyun aka MC Mong (Satyr - man-goat who is very fit ; easily falls in love and has one-track mind)

 • Overarching Terms:
  · Monsters - all creatures and spirits ; anyone having to do with the supernatural
  · Creatures - corporeal monsters who have physical bodies ; generally need physical nourishment
  · Spirits - uncorporeal monsters who do not have tangible bodies ; generally do not need physical nourishment
  
· Being - more polite way of saying creatures ; generally used for those on side of living/humans

¤ Female Students:
 • Choi Sooyeon:
  · Astomi - mouthless monster who survive on good smells ; warn humans of disasters through dreams 
 • Kimura Kyo:
  
· Werewolf - supernatural being who is protective of pack and home ; can turn humans into werewolves (Alpha)
 • Inoue Tsuki:
  · Werewolf - supernatural being who is protective of pack and home ; can turn humans into werewolves (Beta)
 • Zhang Xiuxiu:
  · Mage - human who has magical powers that can be channeled through runes ; generally acts as protectors to humans
 • Park Miyoung:
  
· Human - ordinary being who is most populous in all of the earth ; usually does not know of supernatural world
 • 
Fang Kailin:
  · Medium - human who can see dead spirits constantly and can communicate with them ; has high spiritual power and wanted by many creatures
 
• Kim Jinju:
  · Trickster - being who can make illusions that turn into reality ; like pranks but rarely ever go too far
 • Kim Soojung: 

  · Yuki-onna (Snow woman) - snow spirit who has powers over ice and snow ; cannot fall in love or else she will melt
 • Kim Ahri: 
  · Earth Elemental - spirit-creature who has power over earth ; has physical body but needs no nourishment
 • Rho Jinae: 
  · Vampire - creature who feeds off of blood from living beings ; can turn humans into undead servants

 • Jo Mihye:
  · Centaur - horse-human creature who has incredible physical prowess ; strong spiritual eyes but no real powers derived

¤ Male Students:
 • Jang Hyunseung:
  · Zashiki-warashi - prankster spirit who lives within homes ; brings home fortune but disaster upon leaving
 • Moon Jongup:
  · 
Djinn - spirit-creature who has physical body but no needs ; has great powers but can only use them for benefit of others
 • Wu Yifan: 
  · Kitsune - playful shapeshifting fox creature who is very protective ; strong spiritual powers and needs nourishment after use
 • Im Jaebum:
  · Merman - sea creature-human creature who can breathe underwater ; also has healing acceleration and strength + speed boost with water
 • Qin Junjie:
  · 
Tengu - bird creature with beak, wings, and spiritual powers ; generally act as protectors to who they deem their master
 • Ahn Jaehyo:
  · Human - ordinary being who is most populous in all of the earth ; usually does not know of supernatural world
 • Yong Junhyung:
  · Water Elemental - spirit-creature who has power over water ; has physical body but needs no nourishment
 • Lee Byunghun:
  · 
Dwarf - short mining monster who is a skilled crafter ; lives off of gems and other precious metals
 • Jang Dongwoo:
  · Phoenix - fire bird who is reborn after death in own ashes ; has many powers, most notable being healing 

¤ Seating Chart:

[ Front of the Class ]

Jinju
(진주)
Junjie
(俊杰)
Jaehyo
(재효)
Miyoung
(미영)
Sooyeon
(수연)
Hyunseung
(현승)
Jongup
(종업)
Tsuki
(月)
Kyo
(協)
Yifan
(亦凡)
Kailin
(凱林)
Junhyung
(준형)
Jaebum
(재범)
Soojung
(수정)
Ahri
(알리)
Byunghun
(병헌)
Mihye
(미혜)
Jinae
(지내)
Xiuxiu
(秀秀)
Dongwoo
(동우)

Back of the Class

Last Touched: 17 July 2017