If I just knew

If only

 

Things had been different for him in the dorm since they decided their new rooms’ distribution. The leader had ended up sharing a room with the two maknaes while he stays in the small single room without any window. A room that’s forever dark if he doesn’t turns on the light.

 

Woohyun feels like his life had become dark like his room. He missed the midnight chats with Sunggyu before they dozed off. He missed the early morning wake up calls by his sleepy leader. He missed having the older by his side, laughing at his lame jokes or getting embarrassed by his teasing. Woohyun can’t help but think this is his punishment for being too prideful.

 

He had wanted to do something to rectify the situation. He thought maybe he could offer his room to Sungjong since the younger really wanted to have his own space. In this way, at least he could be in the same room as the leader even though Myungsoo is around. But Woohyun didn’t know how to voice out the change without the others thinking weirdly about him. It became more difficult for him to broach the subject as the days went by and everyone had settled into the new arrangement.

 

Unable to rest well in his new room, Woohyun’s temper has been short and gets irritated easily. His temper flares when he heard the news of the leader meeting up with their boss for discussion on a new album. Sunggyu already has a solo album, why is the company not giving him one? Isn’t he the main vocal? Does everyone think the leader sings better than him?

 

All these negative thoughts keep going round in his mind and prompt him to act rashly. He calls Key and asks his friend to talk to the SM management about forming a unit with him. Knowing now both the companies work closely together, a request from SM will not be ignore by his own company. The company would not have enough resources to do two promotions simultaneously. Whatever they have planned for Sunggyu will need to be delayed.

 

He gets called into the office few days later by his boss and is informed he will be forming Toheart with key. From that day onwards, Woohyun is tied up with recording, dance practises and mv filming. He isn’t in their dorm most of the time and the time he’s home, he falls asleep right away, drained of energy from all the activities. The loneliness of himself in his dark room becomes a faded thought in the back of his mind.

 

Toheart debuted and the group has a successful promotion. Woohyun is happy, having received so much love from the fans. But the busy schedule also makes him realise how much he misses Sunggyu. The leader has supported him by hosting the first showcase and he is extremely happy to have Sunggyu by his side. Woohyun decides once he’s done with the album promotion, he’s going to do something about the rooms’ arrangement.

 

It’s the last day of his group schedule and Woohyun is glad he’s finally going to get the much needed rest. He leans back in the seat as his manager drives him back to the dorm. He isn’t following closely to what the manager is saying as his tired mind wanders in and out of dreamland. He suddenly awakens when his mind grasps what the manager had said.

 

He asks the manager to repeat the conservation, not ready to believe what he has just heard. Hearing it the second time doesn’t make it anymore real but tears pools in his eyes. The company was planning to debut Sunggyu and him as Infinite V before SM asked for Toheart. The company has to cancel the plan, even though they had spoken to Sunggyu who was excited with the arrangement. And with Infinite and its existing sub units preparing for upcoming promotions, there’s no chance of Infinite V fitting into the pipeline anytime soon.

 

Woohyun fails to hold back his tears. What had he done.

 


 

Sorry for the almost three months of MIA. Just couldn't write anything but I'm so happy to be back :)

@ aozora7 : I wished that too but they don't even share a same unit now :(

@ seoyoung89 : I wrote an idiot Namu (again). I'm afraid some day his fans are going to kill me :o Don't be mistaken though, I really like Woohyun but I love Sunggyu :p

@ laputachan : Same here! Since I can't know the real reason, I make up my own story. But I sincerely hopes this isn't what happened cos it just too sad.

Thanks for anyone who is still interested in the story. Comments will be very much appreciated so please leave me lots of them. Thanks for reading!

ps : Infinite is coming to my country again for their 2nd world tour! Waiting impatiently for them to announce the ticket sales. I don't have friends who are into kpop. Getting my sister to accompany me like the last round. Anyone going also?