If I knew

If only

 

He stares at Sunggyu’s back as everyone make their way into the building where their dorms currently reside. Unlike the crammed condition they started out with, Infinite has done well and the company has rewarded them with more living space, a personal room for each member. They have two dorms now to accommodate the seven of them.

 

 

The leader, along with the two rappers, have shifted out of the original house. It should have been him, not Hoya, who gets to move out with the leader if not for all the wrong decisions he had made. Woohyun can only watch in silent as Hoya and Sunggyu walk together, engage in their usual bantering as they hold the lift for Dongwoo, who is still joking with the other members.

 

 

The second oldest waves goodbye as the door closes, leaving behind the rest of the group who share the original apartment. Woohyun’s heart constricts at the sight of the closing lift door. It feels like he is being shut away from the leader. The distance between Sunggyu and him, no matter physically or emotionally, widens as the days go by. They are still on friendly terms but in his heart, he knows it’s no longer the same.

 

 

They are no longer as close as they used to be. His despair grows each day with the widening gap, Woohyun wants to do something, anything, to improve the situation but he just drowns in helplessness. Buried deep in the hole he unintentionally dug, he couldn’t figure a way out of the mess.

 

 

Back in their dorm, Woohyun rejects the maknaes invitation to a gaming session, citing tiredness from their activities as an excuse. He ignores their pleas to join in the fun and retreats into his own room, the place that’s the beginning of his present predicament. Lying on his bed, Woohyun recalls the event that led to his decision to room alone.

 

 

He was out with his 91liner friends and had shared the good news of his group getting a new dorm in a posh building. They joked around as usual but the teasing struck a raw nerve, he didn’t like to be referred as Sunggyu’s pet or the leader’s personal tail wagging puppy. He might have laughed together with his friends but the unpleasant feeling remained in his heart. He wondered was that everyone’s perception of him.

 

 

So when he came home after the gathering to find the members discussing the new rooms’ allocation, Woohyun thought his pride was on the line and he needed to defend it. He deliberately chose the single room when he won the second place in Kai Bai Bo. Everyone was speechless at his selection, all of them had been expecting him to choose the twin room and share it with the leader.

 

 

He had wanted to retract his selection after voicing it but the leader acted before him to break the slightly awkward atmosphere when he was still thinking about it. Woohyun saw Sunggyu hid his disappointed expression and don a smile, jokingly informing the others it’s time for the rest of them to be tortured. The game resumed and he lost the opportunity to change his decision, one that he had regretted as soon as he had made it.

 

 

If he has known his rash decision is going to cause a void between Sunggyu and him, he would have never chosen to room alone in the first place.

 


 

A short first chapter. Just to pre-empt everyone, I have never been good in writing long chapters, so it probably going to be like this all the way :p

I'm not sure why but woogyu always fits my angst stories ... please don't kill me if you are a supporter of this otp.

A big thanks to the fourteen readers who have subscribed to the story even before I wrote a single chapter. I see many familar names. Thanks for showing your support :)

I look forward to everyone comments. Believe me, I really love comments!!!

ps : anyone like the song?