Final Member: Bang Jimin

*Phantom Night *---- JYP new boygroup----(SOON TO BE EDITED)

6ezneo.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Birth name: Bang Jimin

 

Stage name: Jimmy

 

 Age: 23 (22 international age)

 

Birthday: December 24th 1993

 

Nationality: Korean

 

Personality:  At first he seems to have a very bad personality . He is very witty and loves to make fun of other people . When he is almost always ( especially when he isn’t involved in what he is doing) absent-minded , forgetful , laggard and  seems also a bit selfishness and egocentric  . According to the manager, he is the most problematic member of the group because of his apparently careless behavior .  But, if you know him more he is also a funny, friendly and caring guy who puts his beloved ones before everything  and ,when he is motivated , he gives all himself on what he is doing . In other word he is substantially a rebel who turns in an hardworking and wise guy when he becomes interested in something. Since he was a child he has always liked singing and dancing , especially to entertain and make happy other people, and has a natural talented in both disciplines but, unfortunately, he hasn’t  never liked rules and constriction so he didn’t studied music properly until he becomes a trainee , first for SM entertainmen (he was casted in it when he was really young) , then , after a break of some years, for JYP entertainment.

He had problems , especially with his family,  in the past so he doesn’t immediately became friends with people but when it does, it can become one of the best friends you could wish for and, even he never showing it (because he is a cool man xD), he will do everything to make you happy .

 

Background:  He was born in Busan at the end of 1993 from two people who, basically, have always making illegal business such as drug and illegal goods trade , pimping and money laundering whose had also a daughter and another son before him . He and his siblings grew up in a bad environment where pickpocketing, shoplifting and bullying weak people where “fun things” to do .

Fortunately , when he was 9 , his brother Jiseok 12 and his sister Yejin 16 their parents were arrested and they were entrusted to an institute that housed children whose parents has problems.

While his older sister had no problems , make some friends and often helped the volunteers in any housework (from cooking to washing the floors), he and his brother not only hated the place but also the other people who were there and often causing fights that always ended with a scold by the volunteers who ran the Institute . At first they tried to escapes several times but only his brothers in the end manage to do it after almost a year without telling Jimin who felt sad and betrayed when he discovered that.  

It was at that time that he discovered a new hobby: listening to music.

His sister , who had also started to work part time at a coffee shop , seeing him always alone,  sad and angry with everything and everyone decided to buy him a little radio using all his savings . Even if he didn’t thank her at first that radio becomes his best friend and made him felt less alone . He became interested in all kind of music and , when no one could saw him , he also sang and dance along but he do it only for fun . He still did not think of becoming a singer.

Everything changes when a new volunteer , Choi Aejoung , became to work here .

She was a nice and gentle old woman who loves sing and playing the piano .

She decided to create in the structure a music laboratory for children who were interested in singing to make a choir and let the older ones to help her with the organization .

 His sister , who was 18 at that time , enjoyed the ideas and , even if she wasn’t able to sing, helped Mrs. Choi and tried to involve his 11 year old brother who had become more loner and troublesome (he had started to smoke and to stole schoolmates’, volunteers’ and other children’s things) . At first Jimin reacted badly and categorically refused to do a thing that , according to him “only girls and idiots usually do”  but , after several months of attempts, she managed to take him to see one of Mrs Choi’s “music lessons” . It was December and the children were preparing . At the beginning he was bothered but when Mrs. Choi gently told him to sing a Christmas song with them and unexpectedly he began to sing along with the woman and other children who were there . After they sing it with them everyone were surprised about how good and clear is voice was .They also gives him a round of clap. He feels really happy and decides to Join the choir and to practice singing with Mrs Choi and the choir children who become his first friends.

The choir did well and also make some little performance during Holidays or special events organized by the institute. As time went by Jimin become more expert (even if he hadn’t never studied too much) and  began to sing a lot of solo parts .

During one of this events , in 2006, when he was almost 13 , he was noticed by a SM agent who was there and offered him an opportunity to participate in an audition . He , encouraged by his friends, suddenly accept and , accompanied by his sister, who meanwhile had become one of the volunteers of the structure, won the audition and became a trainee .

Initially, the training was really hard and he always got scolded because of his attitude .Moreover , he had difficult to get close to other trainees because they seems very different from him and his friends from the structure . There were a lot of trainee and there was a lot of rivalry between them , especially between older ones.

Anyway, after a bit, he become used to that atmosphere and focused on his training. He not only improved his singing but also learn forein language (Japanese, English and Chinese) , acting , a lot of dance styles and how to rap .

After only one year of training he was chosen with other six male trainee to form a new boy group . This group was named “Starling”* and it was basically an hip hop “sperimental” group whose aim was to debut in January/February 2008 . The project was secret so every one of them had to talk about this outside SM.

He was the youngest one and his position was “lead rapper, sub dancer ,vocalist ” because his rap was quite good, better than the other trainees , while is singing wasn’t that good as that of some of the other trainees chosen.

For the first months all of them used to be awkward toward each other because they   had different personality but then they grow a quite strong between them .

The only one that Jimin seemed to have some problems with was Kim Junmyeon because the two of them had an opposite personality  . They used to argue about  everything but in the end they became really good friend .

Everything seemed to get well They also filmed the music video at the beginning of 2008 but right before the debut, that would have been on 30th January, they mysteriously didn’t do anything . Something bad happened and Jimin , knowing that it was partly his fault , left SM, feeling guilty especially towards Joonmyeon hyung.

Fortunately no one outside SM known anything about this group and about him so he could be considered a normal person who will had no problem to find another kind of work.

So, after left SM he start to travel throught Corea doing various work to maintain himself like shop assistant ,bellop and bartrender. Even if some of the ex-members of Starling (the ones that then debuted in Shinee) always contacted him and tried to encourage it not to abandon his career as a singer trying to find another agency but he always used to tell them that he had categorically decided not to sing or doing anything related to entertainment anymore and to don’t contact him too much because he was afraid that SM will punish them to be friend with him .

Also his sister , informed by them about everything, tried to made him not to give up but he was irremovable until , at the end of 2012, something happened .

He was working as a bartender in Incheon , it was Christmas eve , and for the special day , the bar owner had decided to recruit a band in order to sing something for the customers.

One of the singer of his band was one of the boy who used to sing with Jimin in Mrs Choi’s choir . Talking with him who had always failed to became a trainee but continued to applying for audition until he find to have serious health problems that however not prevent him to sing and play music sometimes  , making himself feels guilty about made him feel like an idiot for leaving the only thing he liked to do just for the sense of guilt.

So, when he tell him that there will have been a JYP auditions in January and ask him if he was interested ,he agreed to apply for it . He win the audition and became a trainee again .

When he tell about it to his sister , his friend, and his fellow band mate all of them were very happy and wished him to debut soon.

Everyone in JYP are aware that he had been an SM trainee in the past but no one, except the CEO and Jimin, know about “Starling” who had been trained by DBSK themselves .

After several months of training he became one of the first members chosen to be part of the new group Phantom Night and , even if is a bit afraid that also this time something goes wrong, he was more motivated than before to debut.

He was chosen to be the lead vocalist and the main dancer of the group and , even if his rap is very good, he says that he doesn’t like rapping too much (probably because his role in “starling”) as well as the stage name of Jimmy because there were yet too much “Jimin” in the music industry .

Even if he has a particular personality and sometimes could be really nasty towards others he became friend with all phantom night members even if he quarreled always with the leader , Jong, who always scold him because his habit of oversleeping and being always late for practice (but he is used to this thing. Also Joonmyeon used to do before).

He also seems to have a little problem with Haneul , at first, because he look like a lot his ex- boyfriend ( SPOILER: His ex-boyfriend was none other than Jimin’s brother , Jiseok, who is become a very bad person) but then as Han getting to know him he understand that he is a different person and a great friend as the other members .

 

Family:  Bang Beom seok (54 . Father . Now in prison) , Lee Mi ran (52. Mother. Now in prison) ,  Bang Ye-jin (29/30 . Older sister. Now working as a volunteers and happily married with Joo In sung, another volunteer) , Bang Ji seok (25/26. Older Brother. Now, also known as Kim Nam il , a violent person with a lot of problems) .

 

Likes:  Listening to music. Singing. Dancing. Reading all kind of books , also in English . Sleeping . Learning foreign language. Eating strange things like chocolate cookies topped with peanut butter without nor gain weight neither have stomachache . Chatting with his friends, his sister and his ex-band mates (when they aren’t busy).  Walking alone and , if the managers don’t bother him , going also to drink something. Staying alone when he is sad or stressed .

 

 Dislikes: Too much rule.  Ineqities . Seeing people that bullying or abuse others too much. When someone bothers him too much . Managers when say that him his the most troublesome member . Be followed too much by fans or managers (seems that the managers “love” him xD) . When people don’t understand him and think he is only a nasty . Sometimes also leader Jong when tells him that he had to be on time and not causing trouble. His problem of oversleeping.

 

Hobbies: Except things like listening to music , singing, dancing and practice , he likes playing the computer , chatting, whatching variety shows and reading. If the managers aren’t around him he likes also go outside JYP ‘s building ,walking through Gangnam streets and , then, going to drink something or going in a club (but unfortunately the managers seems to always follow him).

 
Habits:  He is almost always late , uses to oversleep and reacts badly when he is scolded . Eating strange things . Use too much his PC and his phone. He used also to smoke but now he is trying to stop for his voice’s sake. He used also to spoke informally to all the members , even his hyungs, but then JYP scold him and he had to stop (even if he likes to teasing Jong).

 

Trivia:  He likes tell jokes and made fun of Jong (because he get offended easily) , he also calls him Kevin–hyung sometimes only to see him angry and embarrassed .

 

Anyway he is the one that protect him and the other members the most to saesangs .

 

He isn’t afraid of nobody, except of the CEO (obviously).

 

He is the one that talk the most during variety (even more than Ren) but in the real life doesn’t talk much if he isn’t interested in something.

 

He likes doing aegyo for fans .

 

He tends to be straightforward and frank with everyone, even with fans and anti-fans. Phantom night’s fan usually love him for this but sometimes his attitude causing trouble for all the group.

 

He can’t play a music instruments like the other members but he is learning how to play the harmonica (WTF? xD).

 

He usually says that he likes his fans only when they are quiet and respectful because he is just a person like them .

 

As his fellow member Emile he is good in singing, rapping and dancing but he doesn’t like rapping too much.

 

He has several moles on his faces and body (but he use make up to cover them)

 

He looks like a lot his brother and his sister but he doesn’t like being compared to them because he is himself.

 

He chat always with Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin, Lee Jink and , especially, Kim Kibum but , even if he tried to contact him several times, he doesn’t want to talk to Kim Joonmyeon who now is known as Suho, the leader of EXO and always tryes to avoid him  during the music shows because the guilt for what he has done is still too strong , even if Joonmyeon always tried to find a way to talk with him (SPOILER: …and say that it wasn’t his fault that him was seriously injured and he miss him a lot. )

 

Woo Jihoo (Zico of Block B) , instead, had neither contacted no one of the “starling” members because he want to forget about everything regarded SM.

 

uality:  Biual (but he tell the others that he is straight)


Crush:  Kim Joonmyeon (Suho of EXO)

 

Role in group: Lead vocalist, main dancer , rapper

 

 Special trait: He has a very beautiful clear voice.

And that makes 9 members! I am so happy to have all of them now fullfilled! Thank you to everyone who applied and i am happy to have you all part of theJYP family! I will post the first chapter(where they all meet) A.S.A.P! Till next time, SARANGHAEYO~!