Eight Member: Nam Jonghyun

*Phantom Night *---- JYP new boygroup----(SOON TO BE EDITED)

11ifgrc.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Birth name: Nam Jonghyun

 

Stage name: Jong

 

 Age: 25 (24 international age)

 

Birthday: October 31st 1991

 

Nationality: Korean

 

Personality: He is a particular personality . He is quite shy and ever when is act as a friendly , funny and happy guy he seem a bit cold (but at same time also really cute) . Even if he is cute  he doesn’t like things like skinship and aegyo and being hugged , touched and kissed because he feel awkward and start blushing (however if is required for entertainment he'll do that) . 

It is very funny to see him blushing and act funny , according to the other members.

Even when he smile his eyes seem melancholic (this fact is probably due to what had happened to him) . He almost always feels that he isn’t a good leader but , according to the others, he always acts as a good leader, hyung and friend  . He is attitude as a leader is quite like that of Leeteuk of Super Junior . In fact, as the oldest, he always help and protect s from everything that could hurt or upset them . There are many thing that bother him but it’s rare that it’s get really angry . However, when gets really angry he becomes terrible (fortunately he gets rarely really angry).

He likes to heard s problems and give them advice but when something hurt or upset him he doesn’t allow anyone to help him . He is really afraid of bothering other with his problems and so he prefers solve them alone . At the beginning he used to hide his problems (especially those regards his health condition) even to his bandmates but then , thanks to Ren, Chaejin, Ryo,Emil, Hanuel and their bright personality , he began to open up to his dongsaengs .

He is the type that could sacrifice himself for the sake of the others , despite he doesn’t have real friends except his bandmates and some of this labelmates.

Despite his strange mood , he is able to get the group together. 

In fact, after he had become the leader of Phantom Night and was accepted by all the other members , he managed to make the member get along well and became almost like a family , despite their different personalities. 

He has a quite shy attitude and a fragile figure but he is a really strong and brave guy.

He is  the strongest among his bandmates, despite he had been always in poor health and had a terrible illness in the past .

 

Background:  Nam Jonghyun , always called Jong by others , was born on the 31st October 1991 , in Jeju Island . He’s the only child of a modest but caring families especially because his parents, who had been married thirteen years before his birth, had always had difficulty in having children (they had almost lost all hope) . His father is an employee and his mother is the classic housewife who likes to cook and taking care of his child in a “sugary” and overprotective way. Jong, on the other hand, has always hated to be pampered because the other children used to made fun of him (this is the reason why he hates skinship and “cute” things).

Fortunately,  he managed to persuade his mother to not treat it well. And so, when he started middle school, the other children stopped to be mean to him. 

However, he has always had a very bad health and so were more the days when he was at home with flu than those who went to school. He was also hospitalized due to pneumonia when he was in 4th grade. 

He became interested very soon  in dancing and rapping and , despite his health problems and the concerns of his parents, he began to learn and practice various kind of dance and also to rapping with some of his schoolmates . He became soon very good in these two activities that he won some competions in his middle school and , on the recommendation of the headmaster of his school , he decided to do an auditions for JYP , which he won because JYP himself was impressed by his rap performance and by his strong willpower) ..

Although his parents were opposed at first, he convinced them to let him start the training. Therefore , in 2004, he moved from Jeju to Seoul with her mother (who had not been able to let him go alone) . After two years of training he became one of the members of the project group “One Day” (the members of 2PM and 2AM plus some other JYP trainees, like  Doo Jon of B2ST/BEAST, were part of a larger group known as One Day before debut. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2PM) he was really happy to be included in it even if he , compared to the other trainees, was more gracile, pale and with health problems. In fact, since he beginning the training , he had begun to suffer from a persistent headache but had kept it hidden to all because he was afraid of being thrown out of the company. Unfortunately , only one months before the starts of the documentary "Hot Blood Men" ( A TV documentary which will have portrayed the  group’s  training.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWvwqXt_ZBI) , he had a migraine attack that was so strong that he fainted during training and was taken to the hospital where he was diagnosed with a low grade glioma , a low grade brain tumor . Even  if the tumor was fortunately not too serious, it was terrible experience for him. He had to stop training for having treatments which sometimes were really painful . There were so many the times he and his parents  thought he would have died .Fortunately , he has always had a strong willpower.So, although he was desperate, he decided not to surrender and promised himself that he would do anything to heal and resume training. It took many years, many actions and many sessions of chemo to heal but, finally, he managed to heal completely (although still every month must undergo the checks) and to convince JY Park (The CEO of JYP) to take him back as a trainee. In fact, despite the illness has left him little problems in reading and eating, his ability to rap and dance has remained almost intact and his willpower was even stronger than before. So, for these reasons, after another year of training it was included in  Phantom Night as the group's leader .

This surprised both him and the other members.

In fact, among the nine of them, he was the last to join the group (the previous leader was Chaejin) and he has always said to JYP that he doesn’t feel suitable as a leader . Anyway all of them accepted their CEO’s decision without a fuss although not all immediately accepted him as leader because he had never trained with them.

He had many problems especially with Jung Sanghyuk while he became immediately close with Ren, Hanuel, Chaejin, Ryo and Emil who, along with  Jackson of  GOT7,who  is always a "constant presence" around Phantom Night’s members because he is a close friend of Ren and Hanuel (his attitude towards Ren and Phantom Night members is the same that Taemin has towards Kai and the EXO members) , made him feel less shy and inadequate as a leader  and also made him more open . Thaks to Ren, he also found the courage to tell his bandmates about his disease . 

 

Family: Nam Dae-Hyuk (father. 69 years old .) , Son In-hye (mother. 64 years old)

 

Likes: Practice, rapping, dancing, sleeping, going out for walking (especially in the evening), being useful and helps people.

 

Disikes: Hospitals; people joking about his aspect or about his bad health  ;made people worry too much about him ; when people pampered him a lot;  skinship; doing aegyo ; being always mistaken for U-Kiss Kevin ; saesang fans (especially those who mistake him for Kevin) .

 

Hobbies: Practices , excercising,  watching Tv ( especially variety shows, movies and dramas),  listening to music.

 
Habits: Thinking a lot about everything ; When he is nervous he acts in a very funny way; He  use to takes care of the members especially when they can’t see him (for example, tucking their blankets when they sleep).

 

Trivia:  He is physically identical to Kevin Woo of U-Kiss and for this he has many problems with their fans (and later also with U-Kiss member themselves).

 

It tends to being offended easily but never gets really angry except in particular cases (for examples, when someone hurts a person very dear to him).

 

When he was a kid he was a bit spoiled.

 

He is the "Appa" (father) of the group.

 

He knows and has a good relationship with 2pm members, because in the past he was supposed to debut with them ( However, when he met them again after returning to JYP, some of them didn't rember about him. ).

When he was a trainee he didn't speak too much so the other trainees sometimes didn't even notice him.

 Special trait: 

He is one of the tallest members (his height is 1.82 cm)  and  also the the skinniest among them.

He has a very pale skin.

Despite his melancholic attitude he can be very funny (especially when he feels insecure about something )

He likes horror stories. 

Even if he is mainly a rapper he can sing well .

Although Sanghyuk is more skilled than him, he is a very good rapper.

 

 uality: He thinks he is biual (but he’s probably demiual )

 
Crush:  Soohyun of U-Kiss (later in the story)


Role in group: Leader , lead rapper, vocalist .

Thank you to Valevit for applying a second time. I enjoyed your profile. Eighth member and one last one to go. I hope you guys will continue to enjoy my stories as i have enjoyed writing them. I have grateful to have such amazing readers! Till next time, SARANGHAEYO~!