I noticed you

Cup of Sunshine

The bell rang as soon as Doo Joon entered the classroom. Yoon Leader bowed his head acknowledging the teacher and went to his seat. His abrupt entrance made Park Ji-Young or most commonly known as Kahi noticed him. She had been in love with him since they both entered room in the 4th grade. Kahi is an achiever, getting high grades and such but she's a really shy girl. She's paying her own education through an academic scholarship she attained from the high grades she acquires since her father left her and her mother for another. It pains her to see her mother working hard in their family shop. That's the reason why she never gave a damn on make-up or new clothes, all she cared about was to finish school and graduate, eventually after graduation, she'll be brave enough to ask Doo Joon out on a date.

Doo Joon was late and was stuck with a seat beside Kahi, in front of the teacher. He sighed as he sank down on the empty chair. Kahi stole side glances on the handsome leader of BEAST as the teacher commenced his lecture on History. Doo Joon was intent on listening and didn't bother meeting his seatmate, he's somewhat arrogant at times and doesn't wish to bother anyone for his benefit. But Kahi couldn't resist the temptation beside her. 

Oh God, he's even more handsome up close. She thought, breathing him in. I wish this would last forever.

She was staring at him when the teacher noticed her and surprised her dreaming mind with a question. 

"Miss Park Ji-Young. What was the reason why the World War 1 broke out?" He sternly said as he took a seat and narrowed his glare at her.

Kahi immediately stood up in a clumsy way and paused for an answer from her mind. Doo Joon slightly amused at her clumsiness. "Umm... World War 1... h-happened... b-because o-of... t-the... a-a-a-a-a..." She stammered.

"A what Miss Ji-Young?" The teacher said making Kahi more nervous.

"A-a-assination o-of the A-a-archduke of Au-au-austri-i-a-a," She finally said remembering what she read last night.

The teacher stood with a frown of dismay that the student got the correct answer. "Lucky guess Miss Ji-Young. Next time, I expect you to please listen to me. Not prying over at your seatmate," He said with resentment over the tone of his voice.

Kahi abruptly flushed as he said those words which automatically made Doo Joon to transfer his gaze on her. She lowered her head warily as his stare bore heavier into her.

"What were you peering at?" Doo Joon shot her the question with searching eyes.

Without looking up at him, she hesitantly answered, "Nothing. I was just day dreaming,"

"Oh, okay. My name's Yoon Doo Joon by the way. And you're the Park Ji-Young from the third rank last grading period?" He said.

This time, Kahi looked up and smiled, "Yes, I'm her."

She's cute, but she has sadness written all over her face, Doo Joon thought. "Nice to meet you," He finally said and then the bell rang making the teacher halt and the other students to quickly scramble to get out of the teacher's atmosphere.

"There's the bell. Nice to meet you Ji-Young-ah," Doo Joon said standing up and handing her a handshake.

"Call me Kahi," Kahi replied taking his handshake with a subtle smile.

"Okay, see you around Kahi," He said with an even more beautiful smile.

Kahi's heart thudded as he wound his way through the door and paralyzed her for a minute or two.

As Doo Joon walked along the corridors to find his best friends (gangmates), a girl who was text messaging accidentally bumped him for he was stealing a glance at his watch too and wasn't paying much attention to the crowd. He knocked off her books from her arm to the ground for the collision was a strong one.

"Ouch!" They both chorused and found themselves on the floor.

"Yah! Watch where you're going," Doo Joon said rubbing his jaw and picked up her books as he stood up.

The girl glared at him, stood up and took away her books as she walked away without looking back.

"What manners, she was pretty though," He murmured looking back to the girl who hurriedly walked away and turned right. Right there and then, the other members of BEAST appeared.

"That was a nasty bump General," Junhyung teased Doo Joon.

"Nah, didn't break a bone," Doo Joon replied.

"Hyung! She's pretty! That queenka!" Gikwang excitedly said.

"She's a queenka?" Doo Joon replied, surprised.

"Yeah, she's Heo Hana, queenka, top honors, and girlfriend of the kingka Park Jung Min," Junhyung supplied as Dongwoon and Yoseob nodded in agreement.

"Whatever, I'm not afraid if she tells that to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend's gang and ours had been rivals since time could remember anyway," He said shrugging and walked to the canteen.

The BEAST boys followed their leader dignified without looking back as well.

 

Author's Notes:

Yes! After keeping this chapter! I'm ready to publish it now! ^u^ Hello 3 s u b s c r i b e r s! Hope you love Cup of Sunshine. Please do comment and tell me what do you think. I've been sneaking out from school works lately to do other unimportant stuff like painting wings on the sides of my black high-cut Chuck Taylors to give it a Percy Jackson flare and just finished reading Bob Ong's Stainless Longganisa, a contemporary book written in Filipino. I so enjoyed it and fired up my passion. I guess I'll be doing another rough draft and then off to my thick Chemistry book to study until 12 or 1 in the morning. T^T That happens if you don't study early, but what can I do if my mind is active during nighttime right? *throws lollies in the air* x