[Neo] Ask the Boy

Vixx pairing oneshots.

Genre: Fluff, Comedy
Paring: Neo
Authors Note: I don't even know how I came on this idea... but this is a oneshot I started somewhere in between end 2016 and beginning 2017. I got way more oneshots I still need to finish so there will get more uploaded but I don't know when. Anyways enjoy!


 

“Hyung look who just got into the restaurant with his older sisters.” Sanghyuk said with a smirk. “It’s your prince charming~.”
“Shut up…” Hakyeon said annoyed.

Hakyeon glanced at him as he walked to their favorite table with his sisters. Sanghyuk knew this since he always served that table they always requested and sometimes happen to have some small talk with the four siblings.

“Seriously when are you going to ask him out?”
“Never… He is probably straight anyways.”
“You don’t know, unless you ask him out already.”
“Can you just leave it?” Hakyeon said as he skated away on his roller skates to his table.
“You know he is sitting at table 9. That’s one of my tables, so if you want to I can give you my table.” Sanghyuk said while he followed Hakyeon to his table.
“No thanks...” Hakyeon said. Sanghyuk let out a sigh before he skated to his own table.

Hakyeon had a crush on one of the customers ever since he walked in for the very first time. Hakyeon guessed that his crush was a bit taller than him, but wasn’t sure. Due to the fact the waiters and waitresses wore roller skates it was hard to tell how tall his crush is compared to his own heights. The roller skates and the fact that the staff sings songs together is what make the restaurant stands out. The customers love this kind of unique concept. It was no wonder that one of the requirements was that you were able to sing and had a nice face.

“Good evening, welcome to Starlight. My name is Hakyeon and I will be serving you for tonight.” Hakyeon greeted his table. It was a family of four, a dad, a mom and two daughters in their teen years. “Would you like to order something to drink?”

Everyone at the table told him what they wanted to drink and Hakyeon wrote it down in his note book before he skated to the bar. He gave the note to Haebin who was behind the bar tonight together with Nayoung. Haebin looked at the order and then began to prepare the drinks. In the meanwhile Sanghyuk arrived at the bar and gave his order to Nayoung before he turned to Hakyeon and began to sing.

There you see him, sitting there across the way. He don't got a lot to say, but there's something about him.” Sanghyuk sang the first lines as he leaned on Hakyeon’s shoulder. The moment Sanghyuk began to sing his voice could be heard through the speakers, causing the volume in the dining room to become softer. Sanghyuk had turned his own microphone headset on and Hakyeon assumed that the others did that as well.

They always sang their own version of Kiss the Girl by Ashley Tisdale whenever his crush was in the restaurant. It all began when Hakyeon told his friends that he has a crush on a customer who was a regular customer. Ever since his colleagues knew they would sing this song, which Wonsik had written the lyrics of for fun and because the others weren’t that good at writing lyrics.

And you don't know why, but you're dying to try. You wanna ask him out.” Hongbin joined Sanghyuk as he sang the next part of the song, skating past Hakyeon before giving his order to one of the ladies as well.

It was like his colleagues really planned out who would sing.

In the meantime Haebin had prepared his order and placed it on a tray. Hakyeon thanked her and took the tray. When he skated to his table he could already hear Jaehwan sing his part.

“Yes, you want him. Look at him, you know you do. It's possible he wants you too. There's one way to ask him.” Jaehwan sang as he skated skated to the cabin with all the menus.
“It just takes a few words, only eight words. Go on and ask the boy. Ask the boy.” Wonsik followed next as he skated past Hakyeon towards his own table.

“Shalalalala my oh my. Looks like our friend's too shy. Ain’t gonna ask the boy. Shalalalala ain’t that sad. it's such a shame too bad.”

Hakyeon tried to ignore all his friends singing the chorus of the song together, as he placed the drinks on the table. As he told his table he would get the menus for them, Jaehwan, Hongbin and Wonsik skated past him as they sang the followed lines.

“You’re gonna miss the boy.”
“Go on and ask the boy.”
“Ask him out.”

Hakyeon just shook his head as he skated over to get the menus for his table. He took four of them for everyone each.

“Now’s your moment, go serve him in this dining room. Boy you better do it soon, the time will be better.” Sanghyuk sang as he skated towards Hakyeon and stole two menus from Hakyeon’s hold.
“He don’t say a word, he won’t say a word until you asked the boy.” Wonsik sang his part as he placed the orders from his table on their table.

“Shalalalala my oh my. Looks like our friends too shy. Ain’t gonna ask the boy. Shalalalala ain’t that sad. It such a shame too bad. You're gonna miss the boy.”
“Shalalalala don't be scared you better be prepared. Go on and ask the boy. Shalalalala don’t stop now, don’t try to hide it now.”

They all sang the chorus together as they skated in circles around Hakyeon, causing him not to be able to serve his tables as he was stuck in the middle of the dining room. The dining room has a wide open space in the middle so they could skate around when they preform between the courses. The costumers didn’t mind it at all that their order got a bit delayed because of this. The singing and preforming was after all the reason they came there in the first place. Wonsik, Sanghyuk and Jaehwan then sang the followed lines one by one.

“You’re gonna miss the boy.”
“Go on and ask the boy.”
“Ask him out.”

Hongbin started with the harmonies, which Wonsik and Sanghyuk soon joined while Jaehwan sang the lead as they still skated in circles around Hakyeon.

“La la la la, la la la la. Go on and asked the boy. La la la la, la la la la. Go on and.”

They al then stopped with skating in circles, spun around so they all expect Sanghyuk were facing Hakyeon with their back.

“Asked the boy.” Sanghyuk said in a whispered voice close to Hakyeon’s ear before he turned his back to hakyeon as well and faced the costumers.

“Shalalalala my oh my~… Asked the boy~.” Jaehwan belted as the others continued to sing the course. Jaehwan soon belted another line. “You’re ganna. Miss. The. boy~.” And then he belted his last. “Go on and ask that boy~”

In the main time Jaehwan belted his last line the three friends were pulling and pushing Hakyeon to table 9. Hakyeon tried to protest, this was the first time his friends were actually forcing to push him towards the table of his crush and he totally disliked it.

“Go on and asked the boy.” Wonsik sang before he let go of Hakyeon’s right hand.
“Asked the boy.” Hongbin sang the next line and then let go of Hakyeon’s other hand.
“Go on and asked the boy.” Sanghyuk said the last line of the song before he pushed Hakyeon, causing him to crash onto table nine.

All the costumers, but table 9 clapped. Hakyeon could feel his cheeks heat up, whishing he could disappear right now. He always was the kind of person who would just wait until someone else made the first move, but his friends apparently got sick of that habit. Hakyeon knew they meant to help them since he had missed quite some chances with his past crushes because he waited too long, but still exposing his feelings with a song and then pushing him towards his crush that was just cruel.

“Are you alright?” One of the sisters asked.
“Can you stand up? Or do you need help?” another sister said.
“Taekwoon-ah, can you help him get up? I’m worried he doesn’t answer maybe he will talk to you.” The third sister said.

Taekwoon just nodded and stood up from his seat and helped Hakyeon get back up on his feet. He then took Hakyeon’s hand and pulled him with him towards to wardrobe where the customers would hang their jackets for some more privacy. Of course after he told his sisters he will be back in a few minutes.

When they were alone Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon into a hug, causing Hakyeon’s heart to race faster and his cheeks to heat up.

“I’ve liked you for a very long time.” Taekwoon admitted.
“I’ve liked you too… ever… ever since you walked in…” Hakyeon admitted softly
“I had my suspicious, but until tonight I wasn’t 100% sure you felt the same.”
“Do… Do you want to go out with me?” Hakyeon asked, it wasn’t that scary to do so since he knew Taekwoon felt the same way.
“I would love to…” Taekwoon said but felt quiet at the end of his sentence as he realized he never got to know Hakyeon’s name.
“Hakyeon, Cha Hakyeon.” Hakyeon said and smiled.

They both let go of one another and stared for a few seconds in each other’s eyes. Taekwoon then took Hakyeon’s in his own before he told him they should get back to the dining room. When they walked in they saw Hakyeon’s friends sing We are the champions by Queen as they kept they phones into the air that displayed a picture of Hakyeon and Taekwoon hugging. The two could feel their cheeks heat up. Hakyeon let go of Taekwoon’s hand and skated to his friends trying to steal their phones but failed miserably since his friends were taller and he couldn’t reach the phones.

Taekwoon walked back to his table and looked at Hakyeon while smiling. His sisters were happy for him that the guy he liked and mainly the reason was why he always wanted to go to Starlight felt the same way.

After a while Hakyeon just gave up and continued to serve his tables. However he did made a stop at table 9 to give Taekwoon a small paper from his order notebook with his phone number on it. He then made a sign with his hand to tell Taekwoon to call him, before he skated to his own tables he had to serve and continue his work.