[Leobin] Words Of Regret

Vixx pairing oneshots.

Genre: Angst
Pairing: Leobin
Authors Note: It has been a long while since I updated this one shot collection. I hope you will enjoy this oneshot!


 

When I accepted the job I had no idea how this would change my life. Back then, I didn’t knew if it would end good or bad. And to be honest it didn’t really matter that much. I was just a young teen who just graduated from one of the best journalism schools in Seoul and who was longing to get a job as soon as possible. So, when I got the offer I took the opportunity with both hands and signed the contract without a second thought. Only now I wish I had carefully read the contract  at least twice before signing it.

 

When the contract was signed, they told me I could start working by next week. I would work more than 40 hours a week since research would take a lot of time, but the salary I got made up for it pretty much. When I Stepped into the building, I got so happy I was finally able to work as a journalist. The company that offered me a job was the one from the magazine Facts. It’s a pretty well known magazine where they take rumours and prove if they are true or false. It was the kind of magazine that could ruin someone’s image in no time.

 

I walked towards the reception desk and ask where I had to go to. They called the floor manager of the department where I would work and told me to wait. The floor manager soon got down stairs and then lead me to my work place. She left me for a few minutes to get the file with my assignment. In the main while I looked around my cubicle, it wasn’t that special the walls of the cubicle were the same color oak wood like the desk, there was a black office chair and a computer with two screens on the desk. The floor manager knocked on the wall of my cubicle to get my attention before giving me the file. I took it and then sat down behind my desk before I opened the file and read it. My assignment was that I had to find out if the rumor of Jung Taekwoon, the CEO of Jung Inc. had a thing for young teens around their twenties.

 

If I think back of it, I wished I just quit right away, but I was too stubborn and too naive  to see that this crosses the line. Normally Facts wrote about things such as dating scandals and such. Not something that could ruin someone’s career and life.

 

However, I started working on the assignment. I studied the file I got from my department manager and looked around on the internet. I had to get as many information as possible, since I needed to get close to him and find out if it was true or just a rumor. After a whole day research I found out that he was in his mid-thirties and was never seen with a woman outside of his working hours. Due to that fact, the rumor that he might be gay spread around like a wildfire. I also discovered that the employees at his company were mostly male and in their twenties. Those two facts must be the reason why that rumor of him liking young males existed.

 

After I had enough information, I arranged a meeting with Taekwoon for a job interview. For this interview I wore a neat suit that wasn’t too fancy and some black pair of glasses. According my colleagues it suits me well and made me look cuter. Some even told me “Oh my gosh, Hongbin you look so adorable~!”

 

I introduced myself with my own name and just acted the same way, like I usually would. I did this just so I won’t make any mistakes such as forgetting my name or acting out of character. After the interview I heard right away that I got the job, and got one step closer to my goal.

 

After some weeks it seems like he was having more interest in me. Sometimes he would “accidentally” bump into me, chasing me to fall on the ground. He then would reach out his hand and help me up, only to pull me up a bit to harsh which chases me to fall into his arms. If that happened he would always hold me for a moment before he would let go of me. The moment he showed this kind of behavior, was the moment I knew he was falling for me.

 

A month later he called me into his office. I wasn’t really nervous since I knew I haven’t screwed up anything and so the reason why I got called in wasn’t for a scolding. When I stepped into the office he told me to take a seat on the black leather couch that stood in the middle of his office. I took a seat and looked at Taekwoon as he was calling his secretary. Taekwoon told him that he doesn’t wanted to get disturbed no matter what. The only exception he made was when the company would be in danger. After that he ended the call and sat down beside me.

 

“So Hongbin… I noticed you are having an interest in me, is that true?” He said to me as he placed his hand on my thigh and let is slowly slide to my inner thighs in a teasing way. I never thought I would get in a situation like this. Taekwoon’s hand began to make his way to my crotch. It made me feel uncomfortable, but it was kind of exciting as well. “Would it have consequences for my job if it’s true?” I ask him softly.

 

“No, no it won’t.” He said and smirked as he leaned closed, his face was just a few centimeters away from mine. “Actually, I’m having an interest in you too.”  

 

He then pressed his lips on mine. I was shocked at first, but I began to kiss him back just a few seconds later. It felt weird to kiss another male. However, I never had the feeling that it was wrong. The way he was kissing me softly, made my heart beat faster and it was like time stopped. Butterflies flew through my stomach, but I told myself those feelings were just nervousness and excitement. Due to the fact I have never kissed another male before.

 

After that day we shared our first kiss, he kept calling me into his office at least twice a week. The soft kisses we used to share changed into lustful and passionate kisses. Each day the kiss became more needy and before I knew it I was bend over his desk. The first time we had hurt like hell. He was the one who topped. I didn’t mind it at all, I kind of liked it. People probably would think I would do everything for my job. Maybe they were right about it. I did forced myself with all the kissing and facking, but that was when this all started. As time past, I found myself getting addicted to his kisses and touches. I didn’t want it to stop, I wanted to have more of him. Every second I was longing for him to touch me in ways I never thought another male would touch me. I told myself that there weren’t any feelings involved on my side, but gosh… I was so wrong…

 

My feelings for Taekwoon grew even stronger when I got to know him better. He would tell me personal things and he would talk about all his worries. He trusted me with all those information, while he shouldn’t had trusted me to begin with. Behind his back I was working on the article. I made an agreement with one of Facts’s photographers that he would make pictures of Taekwoon and I whenever we went out after work. He thought that those kisses and touches in public were my way of showing affection. While actually, they were my strategy to get the perfect evidence for my article. He seriously had no idea that I was going to backstab him and ruin his entire career.

 

“I’m so glad I met you. You’re the best thing that happened to me. I love you so much.” That was what you told me after I just sent the article to my department manager. Those three sentences still haunts me and I still regret it so much what I did. I wish you told me that sooner. If you did then I would have never sent the article. Those words you said, that was what made me realise what I really felt for you. I loved you and I still do.

 

But what has been done can’t be erased.

 

A few days later the new volume of Facts got released and everything I feared for became reality. The phone was ringing like crazy, everyone wanted to speak to Mr. Jung. Employees quit their job because they didn’t wanted to do anything with “that ert”.

 

It didn’t last long until Taekwoon got to know about the article that was signed with my full name and called me into the office. The vibe was uncomfortable when I stepped into the room.

 

“So, this is all a game to you? Pretending to love me and then backstab me. I should have never trusted you, Hongbin. Who are you? Tell me 'cause I don’t know who you really are anymore.” that’s what he told me as he tried to stay strong, but I could see in his eyes that he was hurt. I regret it so much and I wish I could have been able to turn back time, but unfortunately I can’t do that. I tried to explain myself and to tell you how sorry I was, but you didn’t wanted to hear it.

 

You know, I still haven’t been able to move on from the whole event. I still want to make it right and this way seems to be the only way I can. Although, I don’t know if you will ever read this.

 

My departure manager has no idea I switched my article for the one that you will be reading now. It probably won’t take that long until she finds out though, since we all get a copy of the new volume of Facts. I probably will loose my job the moment they find out, but I don’t really care about that. This job makes me be someone I don’t want to be.

 

I hope I will be able to see you again… And maybe, we will be able to start over again.

 

Until then,

 

Former journalist of Facts:

Lee Hongbin.