Rain [Baekyeol Angst]

Exo Tumblr Prompts

Chanyeol remembers what he forgets.

Chapter Text

“I wanna look out the window, it’s raining.” Chanyeol grinned, despite the gloomy weather outside. I quietly made my way towards him and held my arms out. Chanyeol positioned his torso in between my arms.

I helped him get on his wheelchair.

“Wah, it’s really raining.” He tapped the window. “It must be so cold outside.” I nodded.

“Maybe.”

Chanyeol turned to me and frowned. “Why are you so down? Oh, I know it’s the rain isn’t it?” His frown disappeared and came his bright smile.

“I know because I have a boyfriend. He’s always so gloomy when it was raining. He said it felt as if the universe was crying.” Chanyeol let out a breathy laugh. “He’s so dramatic sometimes, well, all the time but don’t tell him I said that because he’ll hit me.”

I nodded.

“He’s really dramatic, real talk. He’d complain that his eyeliner might get smudged because of the rain, that diva. I’d hug him and remind him his eyeliner is in fact waterproof and we’d never go outside in the rain anyway.”

Chanyeol drew a happy face on the window sill using his fingers on the dusty surface.

“Don’t do that, it’s dirty.” I grabbed a tissue from the table and walked back to him. I’ll remember to clean the window area later.

Chanyeol watched as I clean the dust off his fingertip. His eyes light up even more, if possible.

“He really cleans after himself really well. Whenever we go on dinner dates or just eat out whenever I purposely mess up a little so he’d clean up after me. He calls me clumsy while looking at me with all the love in the world reflected in his eyes, how does he do that? Aish, that boy makes me so restless.”

I looked away from the sight of him and threw away the piece of tissue.

“That guy, when will he visit me?” He pursed his lips, tone dropping a few.

I stiffened

“Doesn’t matter.” He quickly fist pumped the air. “He’s just busy right now and I don’t really mind waiting. I’d wait for him. You see when I confessed to him, he wasn’t ready. I waited until he was. I waited for a really long time. But he was worth it because I love hi-.”

“Stop.” I cut him off, tears uncontrollably come and somehow it felt hard to breathe. “Please, stop.”

Chanyeol frowned. “Sorry, please stop crying.” He used his long arms to pull me close and hugged me. “I bet you’re sad because you’re lonely. Don’t worry. Once you fall in love you’ll find happiness. I swear. Don’t cry anymore, okay? You’ll find someone to make you happy. I found my Baekhyunnie and see, I never stop smiling.” Chanyeol poked both of his own cheeks to emphasize the wide smile he was wearing.

Chanyeol brought his chin to my shoulder and hummed while I cried even harder. Outside it continued to rain as the universe cries with me.

-

“Have you figured out his condition?” I ask the doctor who was in charge of this wing. The doctor who was in charge of Chanyeol.

“Our apologies. Our psychiatrics are still unsure of his condition. He shows signs of prosopagnosia but we can never be too sure as he also has the inability to use his legs.”

“I see.” Wiping my eyes that were threatening to spill again. I bowed and excused myself to him. “Thank you for doing your job. Bye.”

“Bye, Mr. Byun.


 

a.n: do people even read this, sorry for this crap really. 

i hope this was to anon's liking

comment | subscribe

I love you guys uwu