Beyond Me [baekyeol/chanbaek angst]

Exo Tumblr Prompts

Chanyeol writes another love letter to Baekhyun for his anniversary.

 _______________________________________________

The moment Baekhyun departed he started his anniversary letter.

Chanyeol pursed his lips, wondering how to begin for the 4th time. It became his thing to make a letter for Baekhyun every year. Each letter made was filled with words of love and happiness. In summary, it was filled of Baekhyun.

He began writing. His letters were all consistent every year, ending with the same sentence.  It took him a long time to be satisfied with what he wrote, hours of dedication for one letter, but when he was, he bit his lip. He always felt a bit sad when he ended a letter because he had so much more to say, so much more words to convey. He quickly cheered up, though. There’s still next year, and more.

He folded the paper and tucked it neatly inside an envelope.

Kyungsoo, his roommate, watched as Chanyeol fiddled with the envelope. He looked so happy yet his eyes were so sad. Chanyeol was stupid, Kyungsoo thought. He was stupid because he was in love, stupid because he never stopped writing Baekhyun long letters. Kyungsoo sighed, but at least it makes him happy.

Chanyeol was greeted by Jongin in the living room.

Jongin noticed that Chanyeol was dressed casually, envelope in hand. He offered a smile. “Oh, it’s this year’s letter.” He stated.

Chanyeol nodded, smiling ear to ear. “Yeah.” He sipped the cup of coffee made for him. “I really did my best this time.”

“Just like you do every year.” Jongin’s knowing gaze to the envelope was interrupted by a hand squeezing his. Kyungsoo.

“I’m off.” Chanyeol hummed, walking to the door. He’s off to meet Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo’s hand trembled and this time Jongin reversed their hands so his was on top.

“It’s okay, Soo. Chanyeol’s okay.” He whispered.

-

Chanyeol walked to the all too familiar flower shop. The old lady behind the counter smiled at him. Chanyeol bowed and smiled back. “The usual, please.”

The lady brought out a bouquet of roses, a single lone carnation buried somewhere in the middle. Chanyeol paid for it and thanked the woman. When he left, the woman couldn’t help but breathe deeply and close her eyes. How can he still smile like that?

-

Chanyeol walked upon a crowd of people who were hurrying from life. He didn’t need to stop and look where he was going. He didn’t need to worry into bumping into anyone. Here, is where they met every year.

He walked and walked till he reached where Baekhyun was.

Dear Baekhyunnie,

Another year has passed. This year went by pretty fast, kinda like last year or maybe I’m just imagining it.

He smiled at his Baekhyun.

I love you, Baekhyun. I always have. I write my letters to you every year without a fail because every year I’m still in love with you.

He rested his hands against the slab of stone.

Kyungsoo scolds me for loving you too much. I know he’s just worried but I know what I’m doing.

Chanyeol removed the withered bouquet from last year and replaced it with the fresh, newly bought ones.

I’m okay.

 He opened the small, tattered box that was just there, untouched for a year. Inside was a few more envelopes. He piled the new one inside and closed the box. He placed it back.

His letters were all consistent every year, ending with the same sentence. 

See you next year, Baek.

Chanyeol exited the cemetery and paced himself back to the dorms.

-

Chanyeol slumped into his bed after greeting Kyungsoo and Jongin in the living room.

The moment Baekhyun departed he started his anniversary letter. He made one once a year, every time it was Baekhyun’s death anniversary.

He wrote what he wanted to say instead of speaking to the grave, He couldn’t. Or maybe he could but that would include breaking down and crying. He didn’t want to do that.

-

“It’s been 4 years since, you know. Isn’t it time he, I don’t know, moved on?” Kyungsoo whispered.

Jongin wrapped Kyungsoo in an embrace. “I get that he shouldn’t pine over the dead but it had always been Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Give him more time.”

It had always been Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and Chanyeol refused to change that.


a.n: hello guys! did you enjoy this? muaha-I mean haha. 
comment | subscribe and you've signed your soul to the devil ill love you forever

Prompt by: huangxzhitao