OO5

put life on shuffle [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

youngjae watched as jinyoung slumped forward in his chair and he rushed to hold him up, the ice pack he was holding falling to the floor. he supported jinyoung’s limp body with one arm, the other flying to jinyoung’s neck, checking for pulse. when he felt the soft beat of pulse against the pads of his fingers, youngjae let out a relieved sigh.

 

with much effort, youngjae turned his body and piggybacked jinyoung. he didn’t know which room was jinyoung’s but the layout should be rather similar to his and jaebum’s apartment so he opened the first door and was greeted with white walls and a blue ceiling. youngjae saw the queen sized bed lying in the middle of the room and immediately rushed over. he put jinyoung down as gently as he could, although still causing jinyoung to land with a soft thud. youngjae looked at jinyoung sprawled haphazardly over his sheets and sighed. he took a deep breath and shifted the body to a more comfortable position and pulled the covers over jinyoung’s sleeping body.

                                                                  

youngjae huffed as he stood up straight again, feeling a dull ache in his muscles when he stretched. lack of exercise, as jaebum said once, while poking at youngjae’s soft arms. he took the chance to look around jinyoung’s room.

 

it was almost as bare as his living room, basic and plain. there was a table at the side of the room, beside the full length window. papers littered the surface of the table, there was a small photo frame at the far end of the table, almost non-existent. he gently picked it up, nose twitching slightly at the thin layer of dust on it. he squinted to get a better look at the picture.

 

there was a lawn and a mansion with elaborate gates, three people stood on the lawn, wide grins on their faces. a woman and a man, their arms around each other lovingly. and there was a boy, which youngjae assumed was jinyoung. he gently traced the face of the young boy with his index finger and giggled softly, thinking back to the picture he saw in jaebum’s photo frame. jinyoung never grew old, except the wrinkles that would sometimes form on his forehead.

 

youngjae glanced at the digital display in jinyoung’s room and his eyes widened. he dashed out of the room and snatched his lunchboxes and keys from jinyoung’s kitchen before skidding to a stop in front of the door. youngjae side-eyed the notepad and pen on the coffee table and made his way over to scribble a note on it. he tore the paper off the pad and tiptoed into jinyoung’s room and placed it on the pillow next to jinyoung’s head befor

 

-

 

jaebum pushed open the tinted glass door to his studio when he felt a muscular arm snake around his neck and tighten. he rolled his eyes and gripped tightly the arm and twisted it and turned his body to lock the arm behind the bulky body.

 

"ah! ouch! damn it jaebum chill!" a husky yelp escaped the man. jaebum chuckled and let go of the arm, patting lightly on the shoulder. "then you should also know better than to do that every time you see me, jackson."

 

jackson pouted. "but i thought we were bros," he whined. jaebum made a face, wrinkling his nose.

 

"i don’t know how your soulmate is going to survive that," jaebum trailed off, waving his hand in circles around jackson's face. jackson punched his friend's arm hard.

 

"i'll have you know i'm very adorable okay!" jaebum grimaced in pain and swiped at the air in front of jackson. "i still have a class to teach, you know?"

 

"apparently you didn’t think i had one too when you twisted my arm," jackson deadpanned. jaebum gave jackson a look that was almost sorry, if not for the small smirk on his face. jackson rolled his eyes.

 

"come on man, we got classes to teach."

 

-

 

jaebum turned the knob of his studio and stepped in, dropping his bag at the corner of the dance studio near the speakers. he clapped his hands together to garner his students’ attention.

 

“alright guys, let’s stretch and then we start our fun, okay? let’s go!” jaebum clapped his hands together again to signal the start of their stretching session. while his students were stretching, he picked up a file and a pen from the top of a speaker and quietly marked the attendance of his class.

 

“sorry i’m late!” a head of pink burst into the studio, strands of hair sticking onto his sweaty forehead. jaebum faked a scowl before breaking out into a grin. “it’s okay, yug. we just started stretching.” the pink head nodded and walked to the side of the room, where the lockers were. he punched in his locker code 226, a pinkish tint forming on his cheeks as he dropped his bag into the shelf and gently turned the knob shut. he stood at the back of the room and did his own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter