OO3

put life on shuffle [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

waking up to the sound of rain somehow reminded jinyoung of his meeting with jaebum. jinyoung sat up on his bed and stretched, sighing as he felt the kinks in his muscles ease out. the digital clock hanging on his wall read eight twenty nine, one minute to the start of his routine. saturdays were work-at-home days. the routine was similar to that of weekdays, just that work was done at home and it was pushed back to start two hours later.

 

jinyoung slid out of bed and walked to the bathroom, his feet making light tapping sounds against the cold marble floor. washing up was a breeze and soon, jinyoung was searching his kitchen for breakfast but there was nothing suitable for breakfast. he sighed and decided to head out for breakfast.

 

at nine fifteen, jinyoung stood at his open door, frowning at a familiar figure lying on the floor. he kicked lightly at the body and let out a sigh of frustration. he carefully stepped over the body and was about to walk away when a hand grabbed his ankle. jinyoung slowly turned around and saw the body stretching and yawning, still grabbing on to his ankle.

 

“please let go of my leg,” jinyoung said, trying to wriggle his ankle out of jaebum’s death grip. jaebum yawned and rub his eyes sleepily.

 

“will do if you buy me breakfast,” he mumbled, obviously not in the right state of mind.

 

“no. why should i? we’re strangers.” jinyoung pointed out dryly, to which jaebum pouted.

 

“after last night, i thought we’d be closer than strangers, something like friends.” jaebum yawned.

 

“more like strangers,” jinyoung muttered while looking down at jaebum, who still held a tight hold on his ankle all this time. he tried again to shake his ankle free but to no avail. jinyoung took a deep breath.

 

“fine, but you’re leaving after that, back to where you came from.” jinyoung said with a sigh of irritation. jaebum grinned widely and nodded his head eagerly. he stood up and brushed the dirt off his clothes.

 

“i want chicken!” jaebum chirped after when they were in the elevator. jinyoung rolled his eyes. it was too early in the morning for childish bickering.

 

“you don’t get a choice,” jinyoung said when the elevator doors opened. jaebum ignored him and grabbed jinyoung’s wrist. jinyoung let out a shout of protest as jaebum pulled him towards the direction of a fried chicken outlet. jinyoung rubbed his face in frustration.

 

they sat at a table near the window with a bucket of chicken on it, paid by jinyoung. jaebum sank his teeth into a juicy drumstick and let out a moan of satisfaction. jinyoung felt his eyelid twitch in irritation at the sight in front of him. jaebum looked up, noticing that jinyoung wasn’t eating.

 

“eat up man,” he said, gesturing at the bucket.

 

“i don’t eat chicken for breakfast,” jinyoung replied, to which jaebum laughed.

 

“really? and you used to say you could live on chicken all day long. ah, the good ol’ days,” he chuckled fondly. jinyoung’s eyes narrowed. feeling jinyoung’s glare on him, jaebum gestured at the bucket once more.

 

“better eat up or your stomach is going to eat itself.” jinyoung looked at the chicken uncertainly, before picking up a piece and taking a bite. jaebum raised his eyebrows, as if asking jinyoung if he liked the taste. jinyoung merely shrugged his shoulders, showing no more reaction to jaebum’s silent question.

 

contrary to his lack of response, jinyoung felt like he was in heaven. it had been too long since the last time he tasted chicken, and he almost lost himself in the taste.

 

-

 

"am i supposed to know you?" jinyoung asked when they finished the chicken. jaebum nodded his head, eyes trained on his phone. he hesitated before speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter