Chapter 2

You five, are Exo-E

“You five, are EXO-E.” The room fell silent. Exo……E? 

“Now, we know you have many questions, but if you will follow us to another room, we can explain a little better.” The woman stood up and directed us down the hallway to what looked like a business meeting room, with a large TV on the wall at the end. All we did was watch videos of Exo, the woman pausing to explain how we would do it differently but this is basically what we will be doing. 

“All the songs are in Korean?” The blonde girl stated, not really asking it as a question.

“Yes, all of the songs will be transcribed in English for you, but most of the choreography will be the same.” She answered. We continued watching until the sun began to set. 

“Well, it’s been a long day. I will let this rest in your mind before we go any further. You have until Friday to make up your mind about joining this group, otherwise, we will have to find someone else to replace you. Friday morning we will meet here and discuss the roles of the group and get contracts signed. It has been a pleasure, and i hope you will all consider this life changing experience.” She smiled at us before exiting the room. Leaving us all alone together. I wondered why she didn’t have us all introduce ourselves to get to know each other but then i realized…we all might not be here Friday. 

“What…..just happened.” A girl with reddish brown hair spoke quietly. The girl named Ava laughed and stood up, collecting her purse from the back of her chair. 

"Well what are you going to do?” A girl with dirty blonde hair asked. We all stared at Ava with wondering eyes. She looked at all of us and smiled.

“Hey,” She shrugged. “I’m all for it….I’m Ava by the way. Is it weird that we didn’t introduce ourselves earlier?” She wondered, laughing softly again. 

“I’m Paige,” The girl with reddish/brown hair said. When it was quiet for longer than three seconds i spoke. 

“Katrinna. But you can just call me Kat.” I said, smiling. 

“Sydney.” The dirty blonde haired girl said quietly. We all looked at the last girl that hasn’t spoken yet. She was cute and little, and had a really short blonde bob. Unlike Sydney's blonde hair which was past her shoulders. 

“My name’s Isabel. It’s nice to meet you all, this is a huge surprise to me but…It sounds like a great opportunity and i hope i see you all again on friday,” She told us, before standing up from her chair. Wow, she’s polite. We all walked out of the office and to the elevator together. 

“See you all friday?” Ava asked as we neared the exit of the building. I looked at all the girls, nervous but excited faces and watched as they nodded.

“See you Friday,” I said, as i walked the opposite way to my car. 


On friday i woke up extra early, mostly from excitement. Once at SM we began discussing the roles of the group. Our manager, who i now know as Margaret, as well as a few others were there to discuss with us. 

“So here i have Kat  as the lead vocalist,  Ava and Isabel as the main vocalists, Sydney showed excellent dancing skills so she will be our lead dancer, but also help with vocals, and last but not least Paige as our rapper! Does this sound good to everyone?” I was shocked that she chose me as the lead vocalist…out of all those girls..”Now, i know you don’t know each other too well yet, but we need a leader. I think the best thing to do is have you all introduce yourselves with a few facts about yourself and just talk for about 30 minutes. You can talk about anything, but at the end of the day we will vote on a leader.” Margaret explained. We all sat at the table and looked at each other. 

“Well, since we already introduced ourselves last night we will just skip to the facts!” Ava began, and i already knew who i was choosing as the leader. 

                                                              


 

“Usually it doesn’t work like this, but in your case, its different,” Margaret started. After talking with the girls it felt way more relaxed. I found out that even though i am the main vocalist, i am also the youngest. Ava is the oldest, she is 21, Sydney and Isabel are 20 and Paige is 19. Which leaves me as the baby at 18. 

“We will train for only one year, which is lucky for you because most idols in Korea train a lot longer. You will have a Korean teacher and study Korean everyday for a year. This way, when we go to Korea to promote with the rest of EXO, you will already be somewhat good at speaking it. We will release your debut in a year, with the english version of the song History. We will train every day but you have the weekends off, so take advantage of that and catch up on some sleep because trust me, you will need it. You need to put everything you have into this, because that is the only way we will be successful. If you aren’t sure, you need to back out now because after you sign this contract, there is no going back.” I suddenly became nervous. I knew this is what i wanted to do, i can’t overthink this. Margaret passed us each a contract and a pen and then it began.