Chapter 8

Summer Vacation

[Mina’s POV]

 

 “Oh, my God!” I threw my hands up in frustration, my phone ringing for the ninth time in thirty minutes.

  I slammed my hands on the desk and rushed to the room across the hallway.

 “I'm doing homework for Pete's sake!” Swinging the door open, I entered Hoseok’s bedroom.

 “And I don't give a ,” the boy looked back at me from his synthesizer. He knows how to play? “You're my slave, remember?”

  I groaned and made a mental note to quarter him after the two weeks.

 “What do you want now?” I stood there, totally done with the male's . He's been ordering me to do the stupidest things. He literally asked me to bring him a toothpick from the bathroom right across the hall. The last time I checked, he wasn't crippled.

 “You shouldn't use that kind of tone towards your Master, should you?” Hoseok stood up from the keyboard and slowly made his way to me, his firm gaze boring into me.

 “Don't start with this again, just tell me,” I rolled my eyes, unfazed.

  The boy was standing right in front of me, towering over me. He raised his hand and brushed a strand of hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear, a smirk forming on his face.

 “I know what you're doing,” he muttered as he lifted an eyebrow. I gave him a once-over, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. “If you want me to kiss you, just say so. There's no need to disobey me so you could get that punishment. You can just ask me to kiss you, you know?”

  I burst out laughing, wrapping my arms around my stomach. Hoseok stood there, a crease between his eyebrows as he watched me steady myself against the wall.

 “That's a good one,” I wiped a tear from my eye - that's how hard I was laughing.

  I looked back at the boy, seeing he had this stunned look on his face.

 “If you don't actually need anything, don't call me,” I turned around and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

 

----

 

  The following day at school was a blessing.

  Hoseok was absent, even though we had breakfast together and he left before me. But whatever, I didn't give a about his funky .

  It was lunchtime and Juhyun, Sooyoung and I were having our meals.

 “I don't get him,” Sooyoung spooned the soup into . We were currently talking about the infamous incident when Hoseok kissed me in front of basically the whole school. And even if they weren't present at the time, they saw it on everyone's Snapchat stories.

 “Neither do I,” I shrugged.

 “Maybe he actually likes you and doesn't know how to catch your attention… “ Juhyun looked us expectantly.

 “That's impossible, Juhyun,” I scrunched up my face in response.

 “Hey, Mina!” A voice called from behind me.

  I turned my head back only to see Joohyuk walking in our direction with his lunch in hand. I beamed at him and he sat down beside me.

  At that moment my ears picked up a couple of voices from the table next to ours.

 “I can't stand that , who does she think she is?” A girl said.

 “i know, right? She makes out with Hoseok one day and has Joohyuk wrapped around her finger the other,” another girl piped in. “ing .”

  I turned to the direction the voices were coming from and was met with two pairs of eyes glaring at me. As they caught on that I actually heard them, they quickly picked up their leftovers and scurried away.

  I rolled my eyes and went back to eating my lunch. At the same time, Joohyuk sat beside me awkwardly while sneaking glances at me.

 “If you want to ask something, do it,” my tone came out more annoyed than I intended it to be, but give me a break, I had to endure whispers and gossip the whole day.

 “Um..” The male scratched his nape as he was trying to word his question. “It's about yesterday. What happened?” He looked at me carefully.

 “You saw what happened, everyone did.”

 “No, I mean…” Joohyuk must have noticed my sour mood as he started to stutter. “Are.. are you and Hoseok.. you know, dating?”

 “No ing way,”

 “So why did he kiss you?” The boy flashed a look at me. I was about to tell the whole story again, but the bell rang.

 “It's a long story,” my shoulders slumped as I got up, taking my plate. The girls followed right after.

 

----

 

  I had to excuse myself from the class to go to the loo. Drinking that lemonade during lunch was a bad idea.

  I quickly legged down the hallway and turned the corner where the restrooms were located. I thought my bladder was about to burst.

  I did my business and went out of the cubicle to the sinks across the room and proceeded to wash my hands.

  Suddenly, a door of another cubicle opened. I lifted my head to see in the reflection of the mirror another girl making her way to the sinks. I didn't think anything of it.

  I shut off the water.

 “You're Mina, right?” The girl beside me spoke. I looked up at her as she stared me down.

  I gulped as realization hit me. It was Kim Doyeon - the girl that I saw cling onto Hoseok.

  Oh, me.

 “Yeah,” I proceeded to take a paper towel to wipe my hands.

 “I'm Kim Doyeon,” she introduced herself. She acted friendly and nice, but I remembered what a she was to me when I accidentally bumped into her.

  I nodded as I crumpled the paper towel ready to throw it into the trash can.

 “I'm also Hoseok’s girlfriend,” the girl walked up next to me.

  I looked at her, waiting for her to proceed as I remembered Juhyun telling me otherwise.

 “And I didn't appreciate yesterday's spectacle,” she finished drying her hands, glancing up at me. Her nice demeanor was completely gone replaced by a look that seemed to say she thought lowly of me.

 “That was not my doing, if you want to blame someone for that, you should blame your boyfriend,” I simply said, my expression neutral.

 “Listen, you little ,” Doyeon stepped forward, her jaw clenched. She was towering over me, given she was wearing heels. That seemed like a hassle. “Hoseok is mine.”

 “Well, that's not what I heard,” I crossed my arms, tapping my foot. I wasn't the one to back down. Ever. “So him kissing me shouldn't be a big deal,right, Doyeon?” I pressed on in a sweet voice.

 “I've been after him since middle school and you're not about to steal him away from me,” I saw Doyeon’s nostrils flare. “You're in my school, , so watch your back,” and with that she stormed out of the bathroom. Of course not before she bumped my shoulder dramatically.

 “Why are girls so desperate nowadays...” I shook my head.

 

----

 

[Hoseok’s POV]

 

  God, was I tired.

  Walking up the front steps, a hot shower was all that was on my mind. After entering and slipping out of my sneakers, I proceeded through the foyer.

  I stopped dead in my tracks as I heard music coming from the kitchen. I tiptoed through the dining room, getting a whiff of something delicious.

 “‘Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!” I heard a voice sing and soon enough I stood at the entry of the kitchen.

  Mina was dancing in front of the stove, holding a spoon to as if it was a microphone. She did all the moves, stopping a few times to stir something in the pan.

  I could tell she was having a lot of fun,just being careless. Of course, she hadn't noticed me; she wouldn't have continued her own solo dance party if she did.

  To be honest, she wasn't good at singing, but she was doing it with a passion.

  It made me happy watching her. It really did. And I felt my heart skip a beat as she swayed her hips from side to side. I quickly shook my head, blocking any stupid thoughts.

  I took out my phone from my pocket and started filming. This going to be useful, I smirked. Somewhere along the line, the song changed.

 “Like my heart, you were breaking the news, you say. IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER-” She had been singing her heart out into her spoon-microphone when she turned around and saw me with my phone in hand.

  She immediately lowered the volume of the speaker a bit and glared at me. Though I saw her cheeks pink. I put away my phone.

 “You have a nice taste in music,” I smirked as she avoided my gaze and turned off the stove.

 “You got anything against BTR?” Mina looked back, a scowl donning her pretty face.

 “Nah,” I laughed putting my hands up in defense. I walked around the island counter to where she stood. “What's this?” I pointed to the pan set on the stove.

 “Sausage carbonara,” she answered as she plated her dish. “But you ain't getting any,” the girl added, pointing at me.

  Mina grabbed a fork from the utensils drawer and moved to the island counter behind her. She leaned on it as she got some noodles around her fork.

  I also leaned on the counter and looked down at her.

  She threw me a wary look but continued to eat.

 “Feed me.” Mina stiffened up at my demand. “You're my slave, right?” I placed my forearm on the countertop and leaned down to her eye-level.

  The girl looked at me while nibbling her bottom lip, contemplating her next move. I eyed her luscious lips and locked gaze with Mina.

  Her face reddened and she hastily picked up some pasta and held it up to my mouth.

 “Thanks,” I said before taking the fork into my mouth while Mina looked down at her plate. “It's really good!” I took my thumb and wiped the corner of my lips as there was some sauce.

  Mina looked at me surprised, her eyes wide. The corners of my mouth turned up.

  The girl looked cute with the facial expression and the loose strands of hair that had fallen from her ponytail framing her face. She wasn't wearing any make-up, but, frankly speaking, she didn't need it. The little spots on her chin were cute. Mina was cute.

  My eyes travelled down. A baggy t-shirt swallowed up her upper body, the neckline wide, showing the strap of her bra. Her long legs were covered up with black leggings. I had to admit I was disappointed; I loved seeing her long legs. Just like the first night when Mina came out in her short pajama shorts.

  I let myself look up into her eyes. She had a wary expression on her face. I leaned in and left a peck on her pink lips before walking out of the room.

 “I'm losing my mind, It's all I can do. Til I forget about you!” I sang with a smirk on lips that I didn't even bother to hide.