Chapter 9

Summer Vacation

[Mina’s POV]

 

  It was once again Friday and I was totally excited. Like who doesn't get excited for weekends?

  Sooyoung, Juhyun and I were at the lockers, discussing what we should do that upcoming Saturday as we did not have that much homework. We decided to have a girls’ day out.

 “I really need to get my roots done..” Sooyoung whined as she looked at her phone screen using it as a mirror. “Or maybe I should completely change the colour?” She turned to me and Juhyun asking us for our opinions about her hair.

 “I think it's quite a statement having orange hair, I really like it,” I said as I twirled a strand of Sooyoung’s hair around my finger.

 “But on the other hand, you've had this colour for a long time,” Juhyun shrugged her shoulders.

 “I dyed it like a month ago,” the other girl laughed in response.

 “Yeah, and that's a long time compared to your standards,” the older girl hit Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I'm surprised you've been seeing Sungjae for this long,” Juhyun proceeded to tease the girl more.

 “What do you mean?” I giggled at the girls.

 “Well, usually Sooyoung goes out with a boy for maximum of two weeks and then dumps him, because she gets bored of the same thing easily,” Juhyun seemed to be more than happy to explain.

 “But Sungjae is different!” Sooyoung pocketed her phone as a pout formed on her lips.

 “You said the same thing about Hyungmin,” Juhyun rolled her eyes at her best friend.

 “His name’s not Hyungmin! It's Youngmin!” Sooyoung frowned as Juhyun looked back at her with an appalled expression. “Or was it Sungmin?” She then scratched her head as she seemed deep in thought.

 “Oh, my God! If you weren't my friend, I'd think you're a hoe,” The dark-haired girl started laughing as I joined in.

 “I'm not a hoe, okay?” Sooyoung shoved Juhyun away. “Mina, don't listen to her,” she then held both of my hands and stared at me with pleading eyes.

 “There's nothing wrong with being a gardening tool,” I stifled in my laughter. “You know, you do you, girl,” I added and Juhyun dropped to the floor, scream-laughing. The whole hallway was full of people as they were going home and everyone was looking strangely at the girl squirming on the floor.

 “Hey, girls?”A voice said behind us. I turned around to find Joohyuk standing there, looking at Juhyun with concern.

 “Hey,” I nodded at him as I fought away the bubbling laughter in my throat.

 “Is she okay?” The boy pointed at the girl who was being helped up by her best friend.

 “Yeah, I'm-” Juhyun let out another cackle. “I'm good, fam,” the girl took a breath to collect herself.

 “Oh, okay,” Joohyuk scratched the nape of his neck as he shyly looked up at me. “Well, I just wanted to ask you if you're free tonight?”

 “Ooh, what's this about?” Sooyoung elbowed Juhyun while her eyes darted between the boy and I.

 “I'm not you, you gardening tool,” I laughed at the younger girl.

 “Jesus Christ!” Sooyoung threw her arms up in frustration.

 “Um, I'm actually asking all of you,” the boy laughed and immediately all of us were listening intently. Juhyun gestured for the boy to continue.

 “Well, my cousin’s having a party and I was wondering if you’d want to go.”

 “I'm down!” Sooyoung raised her hand.

 “You're down for everything, hoe,” Juhyun taunted back.

 “What the hell is up with you today?! Is today ‘bully Sooyoung day’ or what?!” The girl cried out. I couldn't help but laugh. She turned away and laid her forehead against the lockers.

 “I mean, I'll need to ask auntie for permission,” I gave an uncertain look.

 “Sure, then let me know if you can make it or not,” Joohyuk seemed to be disappointed at my words, but Juhyun came to the rescue.

 “Don't worry, I'll make sure she comes,” she winked at the male as he seemed to blush.

 “See you then,” Joohyuk walked away waving and I returned the gesture.

 “God, what a sight to see…” Juhyun clasped her hands together with a dreamy look on her face.

 “What are you talking about?” I chuckled at the girl.

 “What do you mean? You don't see it?” She stared at me incredulously.

 “What?” I looked at her weirdly.

 “You literally have him in the palm of your hand,” Juhyun said in a matter-of-fact tone.

 “Nah, you're seeing things,” I laughed while shaking my head. The girl just narrowed her eyes on me with a sly smile.

 “Palm readings?” Sooyoung suddenly lifted her head from the lockers. Juhyun and I just looked at her, confused.

 “You good, fam?” Juhyun stepped towards the orange-haired girl wearily.

 “I heard you talking about palms, so wanna go for a palm reading?” She looked back at us with wide eyes, suggesting an activity for our girls’ day.

 “Oh my God, can you not?” the other girl scoffed and began to walk off and I followed close behind her.

 “What now?!”

 

----

 

  The party wasn't really what I expected it to be.

  First of all, Joohyuk’s cousin was loaded as his house was a big mansion. And secondly, it was packed. People, some in their bikinis and swim trunks, were gathered in the spacious front room where the dance floor and makeshift DJ station were situated. It was quite a mission to maneuver through the crowd.

  The girls and I decided to start off with a few drinks, so we went to the kitchen. With our drinks in hand, we settled ourselves in the center of the dance floor and just let loose.

  I definitely needed some time to party with everything happening with summer school and the one who must not be named.

  I thanked the heavens for my genius idea to wear my sneakers, even though Sooyoung and Juhyun insisted I'd wear something with a bit of a heel. I also settled on a simple tan wrap dress with my favorite earrings.

  The girls raided my wardrobe. Sooyoung coped herself a body-hugging gingham dress and Juhyun dressed up in a pair of her own daisy dukes and a white off-the-shoulder top.

  We were at the party for about an hour and I still hadn't seen Joohyuk around anywhere. I felt disappointed, but the girls averted my attention from the boy's absence. Well, at least Sooyoung did - we were left dancing like a couple of lesbians while Juhyun was in some corner making out with a “friend”, as she explained.

 “Want another drink?” Sooyoung downed the last of her cup and shouted over the music. I just nodded and handed her my cup, watching her part through the crowd.

  I was left dancing on my own, I kept swaying my hips to the music, feeling eyes on me, but I didn't give a - I was quite tipsy as we had moved from drinking beers to some concoctions made from soda and a few strong liquors.

  I felt hands snake around my waist and I jumped, immediately turning around.

 “Don't scare me like that,” I landed a slap on the male's and damp chest.

 “Sorry, Mina,” Joohyuk sheepishly smiled as he hugged me. “When did you get here? Sorry, I had stuff to do and got caught up, I just got here.” He just got here? But he's literally dripping wet as if he's been in the pool. Not to mention, he was in his swimming trunks. I eyed him a bit, but decided to brush it off.

 “I've been here for quite some time,” I answered as I looked over his shoulder to see if Sooyoung is somewhere around. And good thing she was.

 “Gosh, some just don't know how to pace themselves, I almost punched a guy for stealing our drinks,” she huffed as she pushed the cup in my hand and looked over to the shirtless boy in front of me. “Nice party!” Sooyoung beamed.

 “Wanna go to the backyard? It's more chill there,” Joohyuk wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “There's a pool too.”

 “Sure, let's go, it's getting a little too hot in here,” Sooyoung wriggled her eyebrows at me as her gaze went from me to Joohyuk before making her way through the crowd to the back of the house. She told me she's been to many parties in this house and she knew the layout like the back of her hand.

 

----

 

 I was having a grand time. We sat on the outdoor sofa on the porch as we just talked about anything and everything.

  The backyard was spacious. We were on the porch, a pool was near and there were a couple of lounge chairs on the other side, a hammock was tucked away in the back next to the beautiful garden, with gorgeous rose bushes and other flowers.

 “I thought y'all left me,” an out of breath Juhyun ran out of the house onto the porch though the big French doors.

 “And we thought you went home with that guy,” Sooyoung smirked at her best friend's appearance - Juhyun’s hair was a mess, she wiped her lips with the back of her hand while fixing her top with the other.

 “Why would you assume things like that?” The older girl was clearly flustered and her reddening face was more apparent as the porch lights lit up the space.

 “We wouldn't be friends if we both weren't hoes, honey,” the younger one laughed and I joined in. Juhyun’s glare then shifted on to me.

 “What are you laughing at?” She feigned anger as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. “At least I'm not all over a boy in the open,” Juhyun smirked.

  Okay, I wasn't all over Joohyuk, I just sat down in between his legs to comfortably lay down on the sofa and used his chest as a pillow. And he wasn't against it.

 “And being a classy lady as yourself, you took your friend to the bathroom just to make out,” I snickered as the girl winked at me and sat down with us.

  Joohyuk suddenly wrapped his arms around my torso and I felt myself stiffen.

  He acted like nothing was wrong as he kept talking with my friends. I felt myself getting hot (maybe because of the alcohol or maybe because of the hottie’s embrace) and started playing with hem of my dress to take my mind off the male behind.

  Something seemed different - Johyuk was never this touchy with me. But it was probably just the alcohol that made him like that. My best friend was also like that - every time she got even a bit tipsy, she'd start telling me how much she loved me and that I was the light of her life. She'd also try to hug me every minute or so. So I figured the boy who had his arms around me was the same.

  Another guy ran out of the house and we all looked at him. He was tall, with an athletic build. He had the looks fit for a model - short dark hair, sharp eyes, plum lips and a charming smile.

  He looked me up and down with a smirk and averted his sight to Joohyuk.

 “Now I see why you left me,” the male said in a teasing manner. His voice was deep.

 “Nice party, Wonwoo,” Sooyoung smiled at the guy while Juhyun got up to give him a hug. I sat up from Joohyuk as I felt a little out of place as my friends greeted the stranger.

  Joohyuk was about to introduce me as Wonwoo plopped down between us and made himself comfortable.

 “I'm guessing you're the new girl. Mina, right?” He turned his head towards me with a smirk playing on his lips. I nodded as I played with my thumbs; God was I shy and awkward meeting new people. “I'm Wonwoo,” the male extended his hand towards me and I shook it. “It's nice to finally meet the girl my cousin won't shut up about,” I threw him a confused look and turned to look at the girls who were in their own little world, probably talking about Juhyun’s most recent escapade.

 “Dude, stop!” Joohyuk face-palmed as his cousin let out a cackle.

 “It's true though,” Wonwoo pointed with his thumb at the embarrassed boy sitting on the end of sofa as his smirk didn't waver. “And I don't blame him,” his tongue darted out to dampen his lips as his eyes dropped to my chest. I wasn't gifted in the department like other girls, so I didn't really feel that uncomfortable. Joohyuk yelled out in protest and he got called jealous in return.

  I giggled at the defeated look on the male's face and continued to chat with his dapper cousin.

 

----

 

  We ended up on the dance floor once again.

  I had stopped drinking a while ago and was sobering up. On the other hand, Sooyoung was wasted and Juhyun was looking after her. Joohyuk has gone somewhere and I hadn't seen him for a long time.

  So I was left alone with Wonwoo.

  At first I wasn't sure of what to think of him. A player? A boy? Wait, those two things are the same, aren't they? But as we got to talking more, he seemed to be a fun guy who just loved to flirt with girls. Before the party, the girls told me all about how he has a girlfriend every two weeks. Regardless, he was cool. We danced as we sang along to the biggest hits of Nicki Minaj.

  The song changed to one of more slower and sensual songs and I felt Wonwoo wrap his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer to his body.

 “What are you doing, dude?” I asked with a chuckle as he wrapped my arms around his neck. He was much taller than me and I felt my neck getting strained as I stared at him.

 “You know, Joohyuk really likes you,” Wonwoo said as he glanced behind me for a second before his eyes found mine.

 “I like him too, he's nice,” I frowned, puzzled as the boy kept us swaying to the beat of the song.

 “That's not what I meant, silly,” he chuckled. “He's falling for you.”

 “What? No, that can't be, I've only known him for, like, two weeks,” I let out a nervous laugh.

 “It's true and right now he's ready to chop my head off,” Wonwoo looked behind me. “He's so jealous.”

 “I don't think this is a good idea.”

 “I'll prove it to you, just wait,” the male then started lowering his head and his face got closer to mine. “Three, two,” I felt his alcohol breath hit my face as I felt myself freeze in spot. “One.” And like clockwork, I felt myself being yanked away from Wonwoo.

  I turned my head to tell Joohyuk to calm down, that this was just a sick joke by Wonwoo, but it wasn't him who had a strong grip on my arm.

 “What do you think you're doing?” Hoseok snapped at Wonwoo and he looked at me confused. Trust me, I'm as lost as you are.

  The probability of Hoseok being here was almost impossible; I heard he wasn't going to this party from auntie and he left the house before I did, saying he had plans.

 “Sorry, dude,” Wonwoo put his hands up in a peace offering.

 “She's mine, got it?” Hoseok growled.

 “I'm not yours, what the do you mean?” I was pissed. This kid thought I was his possession because I lost a stupid bet. “You're ing delusional.”

  Hoseok suddenly started dragging me from the dance floor and out of the house to the pool.

 “What the is your problem?” I shouted as the male's grip was painful on my arm.

 “We're going home,” Hoseok spat out.

 “You're not my ing mother, I got permission to be here from your mom,” I crossed my arms in front of my chest. He was being childish for no reason.

 “You're my slave, you'll do what I'll tell you,” Hoseok glared at me as he stepped closer.

  I let out a breath to calm myself and finally took time to eye him down. His jet-black hair was tousled, his scowling face expression illuminated by the light from the pool, as we stood by the edge of it. He was wearing dark-washed jeans with rips, a white t-shirt underneath a leather jacket. Wasn't it too hot to be wearing actual leather?

 “I don't know what the is going in that head of yours, but I'm not in the mood to deal with you,” I turned to walk away but was once again stopped. I was about to turn around and cuss Hoseok out but someone beat me to it.

 “Get your hands off her,” Joohyuk said as he stood beside me.

 “ off, it's none of your business,” Hoseok glared at the male.

 “It kind of is, you're making a scene at my cousin's party,” Joohyuk acted civil although he looked angry. I took a look around and he was right - people in the backyard were all silently watching us and some even gathered on the porch from inside the house.

  I saw a particular face fuming at the scene - Doyeon. She was in her bathing suit that seemed to be a few sizes smaller as the fabric was only enough to cover her s. Not a cute look.

 “And I don't give a .”

 “Don't push your luck, dickhead,” Joohyuk stepped forward and I was immediately alerted.

 “Joohyuk, stop, it's not worth it,” I put a hand on Joohyuk’s arm and he looked down at me, his gaze softening.

 “You're still a ,” Hoseok taunted.

 “Shut the up, Hoseok!” I yelled as I changed course.

 “Don't you talk to him like that!” A voice yelled. I turned back to see Doyeon rush down the stairs and to us.

 “You better keep your girlfriend on a leash,” I told Hoseok as I let out a laugh.

 “You !” She screeched and I felt myself being pushed back and straight into water. Thank God, I knew how to swim.

  I rose to the surface and wiped the wet hair that stuck to my face. Immediately Joohyuk crouched down at the edge of the pool and helped me out. Wonwoo ran up to me and wrapped a towel around my soaking body. I didn't even notice he was in the crowd on the porch.

 “Let's go,” Joohyuk pulled me to his side as he led me away. I looked over my shoulder and saw Hoseok’s shocked face and threw a black look his way.

 

----

 

 “Here,” Joohyuk handed me a t-shirt to change into. I looked at the garment in his hand and hesitated. “It's mine I was holding onto it if I were to get cold.”

 “Thanks,” I nodded and took it.

  The bedroom door swung open and the girls ran in.

 “Oh, my God, Mina, are you okay?” Sooyoung and Juhyun squeezed me in a bear hug.

 “You'll get wet!” I laughed as they stepped back. “I'm okay, just a bit pissed off.”

 “A towel for your hair,” Wonwoo walked in and placed a fresh new towel on the bed.

 “I'm so sorry this happened to you, if I was there and not puking in the toilet I would've beaten the out of that ,” Sooyoung cracked her knuckles as I patted her shoulder, repeating that I was alright. The orange-haired girl seemed to have quite sobered up. Wonwoo probably filled them in as he went to call them over.

 “It's all because of that .” Now it was my time to crack my knuckles.

 “You can take a shower right next door,” Joohyuk pointed to the hallway and I gathered the towels, legging away.

  After the hot shower, Joohyuk offered to walk me home while Wonwoo offered the same to Juhyun and Sooyoung.

  It was almost four in the morning, so I had to keep quiet as I entered the house.

  I creeped up the stairs successfully and proceed down the hall to my room. At that moment all I wanted was my precious bed.

  I made a detour to use the bathroom for the last time before bed. There was also leftover alcohol in my system, so I had to pee it out.

 “Are you okay?” A familiar voice asked behind the door as I finished washing my hands.

 “Don't act like you care,” I snarled, opening the door.

  Hoseok was no longer in his leather jacket - he has changed into a pair of grey sweatpants, ditching the t-shirt. I had to stop myself from drooling at the sight of Hoseok’s delicious abdominal muscles. You're supposed to be angry at him, .

 “I'm sorry,” he said as I was walking past him.

 “You? Sorry?” I asked incredulously stopping dead in my tracks. “Don't make me laugh,” scoffing, I turned around. “Keep an eye on your little girlfriend or I'll beat her up next time.”

 “She's not my girlfriend.” the male denied.

 “And I don't give a . Excuse me, but I need to change my soaking wet underwear,” it came out more ual than I intend it to, but who can blame me? The worst feeling in the world is wet , the second - stepping onto something wet while wearing socks.

 “Mina-” I slammed the door right in Hoseok’s face.

  I definitely deserved some sleep after such a horrible night.

 


 

i feel bad for not updating in ages. I was quite unmotivated and I've been sitting on these few chapters for a while, not knowing whether to update or not. Also i don't even know if I should continue this story. Is anyone still alive on this site?