Wind

Fell for the fox [HIATUS]

Jonghyun takes a deep breath, feeling the wind hit his cheeks and his eyes filling with tears. In the corner of his eye he can see movement in the snow. He turns his head, seeing the grey fox run up to him. 

"Hey Jinki, where's Kibum?" He asks him. A soft bark between his legs answers for him, Jonghyun looks down to see the white fox between his legs, his tail wrapping around his ankle. "Hey." Jonghyun says with a smile. The fox purrs softly, pressing his head into Jonghyun's foot before skipping over to the bigger fox, trying to tackle it into the snow. Jonghyun chuckles, finding it adorable how Kibum bites Jinki's ears and how the older fox just stands there, his patience running out until he sits on the other. "Don't kill him." Jonghyun laughs, walking over. "We should head back, it's getting dark and I'm hungry." Jonghyun says as he looks up at the sky. The two foxes jump apart, the smaller immidiately sticking to Jonghyun as the boy starts walking back to the house. 

Kibum runs between his legs, kicking the snow onto Jonghyun's pants. The latter gives the fox a playful glare, kicking up the snow and drowning the fox in it. Kibum huffs as he jumps out of the pile of white, shaking it out of his fur and growls softly at Jonghyun. Jonghyun just laughs, not feeling intimidated by the small creature at all. He reaches down, ignoring how Kibum nips at his fingers when he lifts him up. After a few seconds of him squirming, the small white fox settles against his chest, letting out a low purr as Jonghyun runs a hand through his fur. 

Jinki runs past them when Jonghyun opens the door to the house, Jonghyun shrugs his shoulders and lets the other fox down as he takes off his jacket and shoes. When he looks up again he meets Kibum's white skin and a soft smile. His eyes widen and he quickly looks away, clearing his throat awkwardly. 

"Minho told me you finally wrote the song finished. Can I hear it?" Kibum asks sweetly. 

"I actually wrote a few of the songs now, I just need to fix them a bit." Jonghyun says with a sheepish smile. "They're not that good though." He mumbles.

"I've liked all your other songs, I think you're really good." Kibum says, making the blush darken on Jonghyun's cold cheeks. "I'm gonna go look anyway." Kibum says with a little smirk. Before Jonghyun can say anything the other is turning and walking to his office. Jonghyun lets out a small sigh. Even though he enjoys the boy's diva side, it can be a little tiring in the long run. He walks after him, finding him perched in his chair, his eyes focused on Jonghyun's notes. "I can't read chords..." Kibum mumbles, glancing at the music sheet blankly. Jonghyun chuckles. 

"I'll play it." He says, gently pushing Kibum off the chair so he can move it to the piano. "Which one do you want to hear? I've written 3. Like you, Fine and Maybe tomorrow." Jonghyun says as he turns on the piano, softly dusting it off.

"The first one." Kibum says as he walks over and sits on the couch. Jonghyun nods before beginning to play. Jonghyun feels sort of nervous at first, having Kibum so close as he sings a song that is about him. His cheeks darken and he makes sure it's hidden as he starts singing the lyrics that came so easily when he thought of the blue-eyed boy.

His confidence grows as he gets to the chorus, a small smile on his face and a bubbly feeling in his stomach for being able to almost serenade the fox. Even if Kibum doesn't know that the song is for him, it's another way of Jonghyun to express his feelings without actually saying them. He had made a mistake leaning in for a kiss that night, and he doesn't really know why he did it. It had just felt right at the moment. But after he thought about it, Kibum might not like him back, and the other might not be interested in guys, and Jonghyun might not see them after the winter is over. The smrtest thing for him is to just wait it out.

His voice fades as the song ends, and he keeps his head low to hide his blush and the small frown at his dark thoughts. If only he had some luck in his life. He bites his lip, pushing the thoughts away as he shyly looks over at the younger to see his reaction.

Kibum gives him a wide smile, leaning his head on his hands that are resting on the armrest of the couch, looking at Jonghyun from under his eyelashes. Jonghyun's blush only deepens at the beautiful sight, having to clear his throat awkwardly again.

"So...what did you think?" He mumbles as he turns the piano off. 

"I think the same as with every song I've heard you sing in the time I've been here. You have a gift, and I hope this oppurtunity gives you the recognition you deserve." Kibum says with a soft sigh, still smiling at Jonghyun, his eyes shining in the sharp lights of the office. 

"Thank you." Jonghyun says with a shy smile, biting his lip as he gets up. "Wanna go see if the others want to watch a movie?" He asks, Kibum nods, following behind him as they walk into the living room. All the others are gathered there already, Taemin's asleep against Minho's chest as the latter watches a football game. The older fox is seated on one of the chairs, a book in his hands and a pair of glasses on the bridge of his nose. "Guys, wanna watch a movie?" Jonghyun asks, hopping on the couch and startling the youngest awake.

"God dammit." Taemin curses as he pouts, rubbing his tired eyes. Minho smiles, rubbing his back in a comforting way. "." The younger mumbles under his breath, and Jonghyun just ruffles his hair.

"Sure." Minho says, lowering the volum of the loud noise from the TV. "What do you want to watch?" He asks as he sits up. Jonghyun and Taemin starts arguing over a movie, while the others watch in amusement. Everyone is so used to the two's bickering, knowing that it's just how they are. They settle after a few minutes, having agreed on just watching an action movie. The other's agree, not wanting to start another fight. Jonghyun settles on the floor, dragging a few pillows and blankets to him and sitting down. Kibum joins him, leaning against the couch and pulling the blanket over his thighs. 

The lights are turned off and the screen is the only source of light, the music filling the room as the five boys fall into a comfortable silence. 

Halfway through the movie, Jonghyun feels a weight on his shoulder, looking to his side to see Kibum's face only a few centimetres from his. His eyes widen comically, his body tensing for a second. Kibum's knocked out, his lips opened slightly to let out small puffs every few seconds, and his eyes closed. His almost white hair falls over his eyes, and Jonghyun shyly looks over to see if the others are paying attention. They're all watching the screen, so Jonghyun slowly brushes the hair back, smiling when Kibum wrinkles his nose at the feathery touch. The movie suddenly seems so unimportant, the noises going straight through his head as he takes in all the details of the fair boy. The light from the screen shines on his white hair, his strong eyebrows with the little cut on his right one, his button nose, a small scar on his left cheek, and his pink plushy bow-lips. 

Jonghyun lets out a silent sigh, a sense of frustration coming over him. This boy is the most beautiful and breathtaking person he's ever met, and he's falling hard for him, yet the boy won't stay and Jonghyun is afraid of saying anything. Sometimes it almost seems like the boy likes him back. How he worries about Jonghyun's health, even more than he does the others. How he constantly stays by his side if they are home together. How he loves hearing him sing, giving Jonghyun that bright smile when he's done. How shy he gets if Jonghyun gets really close, also in fox form. Jonghyun likes to spoil him with cuddles when he's a fox, since he's just too adorable. Kibum will trash and whine, nipping at his fingers, but then calm down and purr as Jonghyun his fur. These are the thoughts that Jonghyun had had in his head when he had leaned in for that kiss, but he can't be sure. Kibum is naive, and innocent. He might not know what he's doing as he gives Jonghyun those smiles. 

A cough catches his attention, and he turns to see Minho giving him a questioning look. Jonghyun bites his lip, turning back to the screen and focusing on the movie that which he doesn't even remember the name of.

 


 

The next few days are spent like that. If Jonghyun isn't working on his new album, he's swooning over the smallest fox. Minho tries to warn him, saying how it's a bad idea, but Jonghyun can't really help it. He agrees that he won't confess to the blue-eyed boy, but he can stare at him and dream of him, right?

That's exactly what he's doing now. With a small smile on his face. He leans back in his chair, the pen flipping in between his fingers. In his head he's trying to picture Kibum with his fox ears, and he wonders why he hasn't asked if they can actually transform like that. 

He jumps when the door to his office is suddenly thrown open. In his surprise, he pushes back, making the chair tumble over and sending him right to the floor. He groans, feeling a headache rise as he pushes up on his elbows. He turns to the door, his eyes widening when he sees the wide smirk on his agent's face.

"H-Heechul Hyung, what are you doing here?" He asks as he scrambles up from the floor. 

"The question is, who is that boy in the kitchen?" Heechul asks as he closes the door. Jonghyun's eyes can't really get any larger, but he tries. He hadn't thought of what he would say if Heechul or any other came over now that Kibum and Jinki are in their human form. 

"Uh...." He can't find any words to say, his mind blank as he tries to come up with a lie. 

"He's quite the catch. Is he a foreigner? I haven't seen eyes like that in real life before." Heechul says as he walks over. 

"He's my...uhm..." Jonghyun isn't really listening, still trying to find words. 

"Calm down, it's not my business who you sleep with, as long as it's not another celebrity." Heechul says, rolling his eyes at the doe-eyed look on Jonghyun's face.

"Hyung it's not like that!" Jonghyn says, his cheeks a bright red as he stutters. The thought alone making him warm and creating pictures in his head. If only it was true.

"How's the work going?" Heechul asks, leaning over the desk. 

"Good, I had a rough start but it's getting there." Jonghyun says, feeling more confident talking about his work.

"Love songs?" He asks as he reads the lyrics. Jonghyun shurgs with a little smile.

"It's the easiest kind." Jonghyun mumbles.

"Yeah, but also the most used one. But this looks good. Are these all of them?" Heechul asks.

"I have three more that I'm finishing soon." Jonghyun says, leaning against the desk.

"That's good. I want us to move over to the studio in a few weeks to start practicing and record." Heechul says, reading over the papers. "I'll send you a mail with further details. Right now you can just focus on this and relax, the next couple of months will be tough." He says, patting Jonghyun's shoulder. "I'm guessing the pretty boy can help you relax." He adds with a smirk, and Jonghyun's cheeks heat up.

"Yah Hyung. It's not like that." He whines, hitting Heechul's shoulder. 

"Alright alright. Follow me to the door, I have to go to a meeting." Heechul says and walks out. Jonghyun follows him, biting his lip as they step into the living room. Kibum walks out of the kitchen, giving them a smile.

"Bye Heechul-ssi." He says with a small wave. 

"Goodbye Kibum." Heechul says, sending a wink to Jonghyun before walking out. Jonghyun lets out a sigh, walking over to the couch and falling back on it.

"Heechul seemed like a nicer person than when I met him as a fox." Kibum says as he walks closer.

"He's nice when you get to know him." Jonghyun says, closing his eyes and exhaling slowly. 

"Why did he think we were sleeping together?" Kibum asks as he tilts his head. Jonghyun stutters, looking at him with wide eyes.

"You heard that?" Jonghyun asks, his cheeks red again. "It's just how Heechul is, d-don't worry about it." Jonghyun says, fiddling with the hem of his shirt before turning and going back to his office to hide. He hears a chuckle behind him, turning his head to see Kibum hiding his laughter behind his hand. He grumbles, the younger was teasing him.

 


 

"Hyung it's dangerous." Jonghyun hears as he walks out of his office later. He raises an eyebrow, walking to the living room. 

"I'll be careful, I just want to know what they've found out and how long they are staying. I'll be back in a few days." Jinki says with a sigh. 

"What's going on?" Jonghyun asks as he walks closer, seeing the angry and worried look on Kibum's face. 

"I'm going to check on the hunters, to see if they know where we are and if they will go away soon." Jinki says. "I'll be gone a few days. Please take care of him." He says, looking over at Kibum. "Don't do anything stupid." He says softly.

"You're the one doing something stupid, what if you lead them back here? What if they see you? What if they shoot you?!" Kibum shouts.

"Bye." Jinki says before opening the door.

"No Hyung!" Kibum says, moving to hold him back or run after him. Jonghyun takes his hand, knowing that Jinki doesn't want the other to follow. "Let go!" Kibum says, turning to push Jonghyun off. 

It feels like getting hit by a car, Jonghyun is suddenly thrown to the ground, feeling the air getting knocked out of him. He looks up at Kibum's shocked expression. "No no no, I'm sorry!" Kibum mumbles as he rushes to him, falling down beside him. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to..." Kibum says and Jonghyun sees his eyes getting teary. 

"It's okay." Jonghyun says, coughing as he sits up. "I know you didn't mean it." He says, grabbing Kibum's hand when the other's tears start running down his cheeks. "Hey, don't cry, I'm okay. Jinki will be okay too, don't worry." Jonghyun says, using his other hand to lightly dry the tears away, giving the younger a small smile. This only makes Kibum cry harder, making Jonghyun slightly panic, and he pulls the younger closer, wrapping his arms around him. 

Jonghyun lifts the younger up, biting his lip when he feels a slight pain in his body, but ignores it as he carries Kibum to his room, laying him on the bed. He lies down as well, letting the younger press his head against his chest, waiting for him to fall asleep. "Thank you." Kibum mumbles when his tears have finally stopped. He looks up, meeting Jonghyun's eyes with a smile. It melts Jonghyun's heart, seeing the dried tears on Kibum's cheeks and the smile on his face. 

"Don't worry about it." Jonghyun whispers, leaning down and pressing his lips against Kibum's forehead, before circling his arms around him and letting out a sigh, falling asleep.

 


 

Wiii, I finally updated the story. Sorry to everyone who's waited (╥﹏╥)

 

Please subscribble and leave a comment to let me know what you think <3

 

Thanks bye

chu~~