Jonghyun's going a bit crazy

Fell for the fox [HIATUS]

Jonghyun wakes up with a startle on the couch. He looks around, it's still dark. He lets out a relieved sigh. "Just a dream, I'm not going crazy." He mumbles and leans back. Then he feels the pain on the back of his head when it leans on the couch. Wait, what? He reaches back and hisses. "What the ?" Jonghyun whispers and he can feel his heartbeat racing. He remembers hitting his head when he fell backwards, but wasn't that a dream? He's definitely freaking out now. He looks around trying to find Key or Onew, but the foxes are nowhere too be seen.

"Hey hyung, we're back." Taemin yells when he opens the door. Jonghyun jumps up from the couch and turns around.

"Guys, what's the time?" Jonghyun asks and stands up. The lights are and Taemin and Minho walks in and looks at their now pacing friend.

"Uhm, it's about 11, why?" Minho says.

"Because I just had the weirdest dream, and I seriously hope it's not real." Jonghyun says and his arms are flailing around while he talks.

"Dude, can you relax? What's going on?" Minho says and chuckles nervously. Taemin reaches forward and grabs Jonghyun's arm, making him stop flailing.

"Did you see Key or Onew on the way in? Where are they?" Jonghyun asks Taemin.

"No I didn't see them? What did you dream, Hyung?" Taemin says and leads Jonghuyn back to the couch. He sits down with a sigh and leans his head back on the couch, but hisses at the still throbbing pain on the back of his head.

"Okay so I fell asleep while watching the movie and then I wake up and I'm alone. The room's dark and the foxes are gone. Then I hear some voices, and I freak out because I think we're being robbed. So I do the stupid thing and sneak closer to the sounds without anything to defend myself with. I reach the office and there's two guys talking about hunters and being in danger and someone not being able to handle some secret. I freak out again because these guys have to be crazy. I'm about to go back and call the police and my elbow hits the wall and one of the guys says my name. So I open the door and the guys are gone, Key and Onew are sitting there looking terrified and I just can't handle it. So I fall back and hit my head on the wall and then I faint." Jonghyun takes a big breath after letting it all out. He takes a catious look at Minho and Taemin. Taemin's jaw has dropped and Minho looks like he's wondering if Jonghyun's gone mad. "Then I wake up and I know it has to be a dream, but my head hurts like a son of a . Am I going crazy?" Jonghyun says and sighs.

"I think you should lie back down, and Taemin and I are gonna look for Key and Onew, okay?" Minho says slowly and Jonghyun just gives up. He knows he sounds crazy, but being crazy sounds better than living with shapeshifters. He's left alone and he lies back on the couch, keeping his head on a pillow cause it still hurts. He's trying to think of other ways he might have hurt his head when he hears the small whine. He jumps and looks down to the white furball he adores. Key's looking up at him from the ground.

"Hey you." Jonghyun says with a little nervous chuckle. He slowly picks up the bundle of fur and places it on his lap. He looks at it, his fingers brushing through the fur automatically. "It's just a dream right? Please show me a sign that I'm not crazy?" Jonghyun says and the fox whines again.

Jonghyun's fingers freeze at the small sound. He thinks back to all the times when the foxes has responded to his talking. All the weird looks he's tried to ignore, the humanly responses they've made. Key freezes as well. Jonghyun can see it. Now that he knows what he's looking for, letting the possibility in that his fox can actually understand him. "No, you're kidding." He whispers and picks the fox up to get him closer. Key gives of a small whine, his feet are flailing, trying to get away. "You understand me, you know what I'm saying, right?" Jonghyun whispers, his eyes are locked to the small electric blue eyes that caught his attention all those weeks ago. Those hypnotizing blue eyes that are know filled with fear.

A low growling makes Jonghyun let go of Key. He turns his head to the other fox who's teeth are barred. "Are you getting defensive because I'm on the right track? It's true, my dream, it's true. Taemin, Minho!" Jonghyun starts yelling. Key jumps down and runs over to Onew. Taemin comes in with Minho on his heels.

"What's wrong? Oh there you guys are." Taemin asks and takes one step forward. He stops when Onew turns his growling towards him. Key whines and nudges the larger fox, but the growling won't stop.

"It's true, you guys aren't foxes. What are you?" Jonghyun says and stands up.

"What are you talking about hyung, have you lost your mind?" Minho yells. Jonghyun doesn't look away from the two furballs. He takes one step forward, ignoring the glaring from the dark purple eyes.

"Please show me. I want to know, I won't hurt you." Jonghyun doesn't know why he says it, but he thinks back to the conversation he'd heard and how scared they'd been of not being safe and their secret's being known. He guesses that the silhuette he saw was Key and that Onew was the one who'd been angry. He turns to Key. "Please trust me. I'll keep you safe." He says and tries to smile. He's still scared that he's going mad and all this is going to end in a mental hospital.

Key barks sharply, and Onew stops growling to turn to the other. Jonghyun can see the argument they're having until Onew huffs and look back at him. Minho and Taemin are standing next to Jonghyun now, both their eyes huge. It only takes a second, Jonghyun can't see exactly what happens, but both foxes disappear and two guys replace them.

"Holy !" Minho yells. Jonghyun gapes, he can't believe that worked. He remembers the fair hair from before, but now he can also see the stunning blue eyes and the almost white skin. Onew also has fair hair but it's darker, like their fur. And his eyes are the same dark purple. They're both wearing some sort of clothing, white drapes that reach their thighs. He has no idea how that got there, but he's glad or else it would definitely had been more awkward. The two boys stand up and Key keeps shuffling, looking between Onew and Jonghyun. Onew keeps glaring at Minho, like he's challenging him to act.

"So it wasn't a dream?" Jonghyun says and takes a step forward. Just like before Onew's glare turns to him. Key places a hand on Onew's shoulder.

"It wasn't a dream." Jonghyun recognizes Key's voice from before.

"So all that talk about hunters and the cabin and stuff's true too?" Jonghyun says with a frown.

"Yes it's true, which is the only reason we're here." Onew says sharply, almost like a bite.

"We were chased that night you found me, I had lost Jinki in the woods. I'm really sorry to have lied to you." Key says.

"Jinki?" Taemin says, first now finding his voice and stepping forward.

"Yes, my name is Kibum and this is Jinki. We're ,as you call it, shapeshifters." Kibum says with a shy smile.

"Are you alone?" Jonghyun asks.

"Both our families are gone." Jinki says with a hint of poison, and Jonghyun knows not to ask more about the topic.

"What about the cabin? You mentioned it in the office." Jonghyun asks, he remembers hearing about some kind of cabin.

"It's in the woods, it's abandoned in the summer so we stay in human form and work. In the winter, a family uses it so we stay in the woods, but since there's hunters in town we can't stay anywhere. They found the cabin a month ago." Kibum says. Jonghyun nods.

"Now that you know so much about us, we'll leave." Jinki says and grabs Kibum's arm. He drags Kibum to the hallway.

"Wait, you can't just leave!" Jonghyun says and turns. Jinki stops. "What about the hunters? It's not safe, you can stay here." Jonghyun rambles.

"What?" Minho says.

"Oh come on Minho, we can't throw them out! This is huge, we have to keep them safe!" Jonghyun says and catch up to Jinki. "Please, I know what you said, but can't you see now that I don't want to hurt you? You can relax." Jonghyun says and grabs Kibum's other arm.

"I still don't trust you." Jinki says.

"Yeah, well I do Hyung." Kibum says and moves away from Jinki. "I told you they wouldn't react that badly." He says and smiles at Jonghyun. Jonghyun halts and blushes at the beautiful smile.

"I'm okay with it." Taemin says, he's calmed down and walks up to Kibum to stare at his hair. He runs a hand through it and Kibum leans into it.

"What about the frog?" Jinki says and motions to Minho.

"Excuse me?" Minho says and scoffs.

"He won't be a problem, he's just a bit too rational in these situations. So what do you think?" Jonghyun says, giving Jinki his puppy eyes. Jinki looks at them and sighs, letting go of Kibum's arm. Kibum smiles and looks at Jonghyun who's still holding his arm. Jonghyun blushes and releases him. 

They gather in the living room again and it starts out awkward. Jonghyun doesn't know what to ask about first. It's Taemin who breaks the silence. "You're not brothers?" He asks and lays a hand on Minho's arm, the older is still tense. Kibum and Jinki are seated on the floor, by choice, and Jonghyun's in the chair while the couple sits in the couch.

"No, I've known Jinki for most of my life and our families were close. It's not good to be alone when you're.... you know." Kibum says and gives him a shy smile.

"Do you know the background of your kind? Like if it's a curse or just a species we didn't know of? Are there others? Do werewolves exist?" Taemin rambles and jumps a little in his seat. He was always a little too fascinated with those tv-shows.

"We're the only shapeshifters we know of. Our families come from a long line. It's not everyone, but it's genetic. We don't know the reason. And no to the last one." Jinki says, giving a small amused smile at the end. It seems the grey fox is easing up on the reins after all.

"How old are you?" Jonghyun asks, he noticed before that Kibum called Jinki Hyung.

"I'm 22 and Kibum's 20." Jinki says.

"Wow, then you're the oldest." Taemin says and smiles, but he still talks informal.

"So, since it's getting really late. How about we continue this tomorrow?" Minho says after Taemin lets out a yawn. Jonghyun chuckles, they've been talking for a while after he woke up so they're probably right.

"Uhm, we don't have a room for you though." Jonghyun says when he stands up.

"That's okay, we'll stay here." Jinki says and in a second, both boys are the same fair foxes again. Jonghyun blinks, he's still not used to that.

"Right, I'm gonna have to get used to not calling you guys Key and Onew too." Jonghyun says and waves goodnight to them before heading of to his room. He strips and lays down in bed, but the sleep won't come. It might be because he doesn't have that white furball next to him, he's gotten so used to cuddle it before he slept. Watching the fox fall asleep first while he it's fur. Now it just feels weird to think about it, it also makes Jonghyun blush when he thinks about the fact that he's stripped infront of them. Not that Jonghyun has any problems with his body, he knows he looks good. It's just a tingling in his stomach that ends up holding him awake for a long time that night.

 


 

Jonghyun still feels extremely tired when he wakes up, but he wakes up with familiarity because of the white fox on his chest. "Hello Key." Jonghyun says with a smile and notices the scoff from the fox. "Right, Kibum, not Key." Jonghyun says, but still runs the hand through his fur. Kibum leans into the touch. "Is this going to be a thing? You wanting morning cuddles?" Jonghyun asks with a laugh. Kibum scoffs again and stands up to walk away.

"I didn't mean it like that. I don't mind, I've gotten so used to you guys so it's just odd to know that you understand and stuff." Jonghyun says and picks up the fox to bring it back. Kibum yelps, but doesn't struggle. They stay like that for a while, Jonghyun still sleepy and Kibum's fur while the white fox purrs. After a while they get hungry so Kibum jumps down and leaves Jonghyun to change. He's glad about that part, it's still awkward thinking about how much the fox has seen. 

He walks into the living room and both foxes are eating on the floor while the others eat at the table. "You know, if you can handle human food you can eat with us? Like in human form. I feel bad letting you eat that all the time." Jonghyun says to them and they think for a while before they both stand up to sit at the table. It amazes Jonghyun how quickly they do it, just *poof* and they're human. And he can't help but stare at Kibum's longs legs that are bare because of the short drape he's wearing. "I'm still wondering about your clothes, don't you think that's weird?" Jonghyun says and sits down. Minho has prepared the food already so Jonghyun starts eating while waiting for the answer. Jinki looks down at his clothes.

"We were kind of brought up not to question our state. I've honestly not thought about it, but I'm glad it appears." Jinki says and Jonghyun agrees, he would have probably had a heart attack if it didn't.

 


 

The days are spent with more questions, Minho and Taemin leaves for either work or shopping or something and Jonghyun works for a while everyday in the office. He still doesn't get anywhere with the songs though. It's annoying him a lot since he doesn't know how long he has to work on it, and Heechul hasn't been that much help either. Kibum and Jinki spends the days in human form and they borrow clothes. Jonghyun tries to hide how adorable he thinks Kibum looks in an oversized sweater, but by the looks from Minho and Taemin he's failing. 

On the 5th day of them being here in human form, Jonghyun realizes that he's screwed.

"Minho can I talk to you alone?" Jonghyun asks after dinner and they walk to Jonghyun's room. Jonghyun puts on music because they found out (luckily) that the foxes have heightened senses that are better then humans. 

"What's going on?" Minho says and plops down on the bed.

"I'm screwed." Jonghyun says and he's pacing again, he's doing that a lot lately.

"No , did you notice just now?" Minho says sarcastically, Jonghyun gives him a glare.

"I can't help it, I got attached to him as a fox and now he's human! And he's adorable, I can't think of them leaving us when the summer comes or if the hunters leave." Jonghyun says with a pout.

Minho chuckles. "We've all seen how you coo at Kibum everytime he does something. It's just how you are, if something's cute you love it." He says. "But I don't think Jinki's going to be so fond of you oogling his baby bro. He might take it the wrong way." Minho says and Jonghyun can see it in his head. His arm being chomped off by an angry grey fox. He cringes, he's gonna have to figure that one out.

"Right, but I'ts not my fault.." Jonghyun says and groans, he's horrible with stuff like this. If he sees a cute dog in the park he has to force himself not to just grab it and take it home. That's probably why he decided to take Kibum home in the first place.

"Well I think after a while it will die down." Minho says and gets up from the bed.

Jonghyun nods softly, but when they get out he feels like cursing. Kibum is on the ground with an awestruck face as he watches Taemin dance to the music. His eyes are wide and his mouth is open in a big smile. His striking blue eyes are sparkling in the light above him. 

He's adorable. 

 


 

Chapter 4! Okay, I changed some things. 

I really hope you liked it and that you'll wait for the rest of the story :D

Please comment and subscribe to let me know what you think!

 

Thanks bye

chu~~