The foxes, aren't really foxes?

Fell for the fox [HIATUS]

After the initial shock of getting the news of his new job offer, Jonghyun starts working in his office trying to finish his song before starting on the new project. Key and Onew spends the rest of the day watching him write and play the piano, as well as listen to him sing. Jonghyun doesn't notice the way the white fox purrs and swoons to the soft honey voice that roams through the office. Key would not admit to Onew how much that voice affects him, even though Onew can see it. Key only scoffs at Onew's nudge after Jonghyun stops singing. The white fox walks away from the larger one and makes a swift and elegant jump up to Jonghyun's lap.

"Hey sweetie. Did you like my song?" Jonghyun says and runs his fingers through Key's fur while writing something on the paper with the other hand. Key yips and snuggles closer to the hand, which makes Jonghyun chuckle. "You're such an attention seeker. Always looking for cuddles." Jonghyun says and cups the little fox's face. Key freezes in his arms and looks up into the warm puppy eyes. Jonghyun gives him a grin. "But it doesn't matter since I love giving them." He whispers and gives the fox a kiss on the nose and then continues to work on his music. The fox stands there shocked for a moment. It stills has to get used to Jonghyun's love for skinship. He looks over at Onew who's now making a low warning noise in his throat and giving Key a look that says Watch yourself Kibum, don't get too close. Key gives his best glare in fox form and then lies down, nudging Jonghyun's arm so that he'll him again.

 

"Hyung? You home?" Jonghyun lifts his head up from the desk. He feels the music sheet stick to his cheek as he sits up. He hadn't noticed that he fell asleep. He looks down at Key who flinched at the shout. They share a small glance before Jonghyun looks at the door.  

"In the office." He yells and then yawns. He looks around the room where there's now tons of small piles of sheet music. Minho walks in and chuckles at him.

"Finally back to work I see?" Minho says and walks over to take the sheet off Jonghyun's cheek.

"Heechul came for a visit. He calmed down after a while and gave me some awesome news. Where's Taemin? I want him to know too." Jonghyun says and tries to look behind Minho and out the door.

"He's putting the groceries away. Taemin?!" Minho yells the last part.

"Yup?!" Taemin yells back. "Come here for a sec!" He yells and leans back on the desk, picking up paper after paper. Taemin walks in and immediately walks over to pick up Key from Jonghyun's lap. The white fox mewls and stretches in Taemin's arms before blinking a few times to wake up.

"Hi Key." Taemin says and hugs him. "So what's up?" Taemin asks while snuggling the fox. Jonghyun takes a minute to calm himself down. Now that he's thinking about it he can't help but get excited again.

"I'm going to write another album." Jonghyun says first and both boys congratulate him. "and....it's for me!" He says and grins. Minho is shocked while Taemin starts jumping around with Key still in his grasp.

"That's amazing Hyung! Finally!" Minho says and pats him on the shoulder. Jonghyun nods. Taemin drops the fox on the floor to give Jonghyun a hug. They talk about the visit from Heechul for a while before Taemin comments about all the paper on the floor.

"Well, after I finished the other work I wanted to start on one of the songs for the album, but I can't seem to find anything good. Nothing sounds right to me." Jonghyun says with a sigh and sits back down in his chair. Taemin picks up one of the papers.

"But Hyung you know this always happens, you put too much pressure on yourself. I know you can do this. Just take a break for today." Taemin says and grabs Jongyun's arm and drags him out of the office. "Minho and I are going out again to watch a movie so you have the living room for yourself. Just order pizza or something and watch a movie. Relax." Taemin says with a smile. He was always the positive one.

"Thanks Minnie." Jonghyun says and sits down on the couch, Taemin walks over to his and Minho's room and passes Minho who walks over to Jonghyun and gives him a pat on the shoulder.

"Don't go into the office again. It will come when comes, I know the songs will be a hit." He says and walks back to the door to wait for Taemin. They wave goodbye and then shut the door. Jonghyun sighs and grabs the remote to turn on some show while mustering up the energy to call for pizza.

"Key? Where did you go?" Jonghyun says and seconds later the little white fox pops up from under the couch. "Hey there, come here." Jonghyun pats his legs and the fox jumps up to lie down. "Where's your brother?" Jonghyun asks. They figured that they had to be brothers since they were so close and they seemed like they were from the same family. As if waiting for a cue the grey wolf walks in from the kitchen and jumps up to settle on the pillow next to Jonghyun.

"What? You don't like cuddles?" Jonghyun asks with a chuckle and reaches over to run his hands through the fur. Onew has longer and thicker fur than Key, it's also rougher, while the white one has a more silky soft coat. Onew looks up at Jonghyun, but doesn't shy away. "Do you guys think I can do this?" Jonghyun asks and lets his head drop on the back of the couch as he sighs. His hands still and he relaxes to the sounds of the TV and the soft breaths of the foxes. A small huff and a nudge on his stomach gets his attention and he chuckles at the little diva. "Bossy." He mumbles, Onew lets out a puff of air that sounds like a laugh. Key nudges him again.

"Alright alright, let me just call for pizza first."  Jonghyun answers and reaches for the phone on the table. He waits for 15 minutes and just sits in the silence of small voices from a TV show that he's never seen and letting his hands run through soft pillows of fur. He apologizes to Key when he has to move him to get the pizza, and they both follow him when he goes to the door. The delivery guy looks at him weirdly when he sees the two foxes that are circling his feet. The grey one gives a small growl which makes the pizza guy shove the pizza in Jonghyun's hand and then takes the money and walks away with small hurried steps. Jonghyun looks down at Onew with a frown. "That was not nice, Onew." He says and sighs when the grey fox turns and walks back to the couch. They settle down as before and Jonghyun finds a movie that he's already seen and starts eating.

When the pizza's gone he settles more comfortably with both foxes on him while he lies down and tries to focus on the movie. He doesn't notice when his eyes starts to get heavier and then he falls asleep.

 


 

He opens his eyes with a frown, since he doesn't know how long he's been asleep for. Since the movie's over and the title screen is on the TV Jonghyun guesses he's been out for 40 minutes. He sighs and closes his eyes again. Then he notices the lack of weight on him. His eyes open and he looks around the room. Key and Onew are both gone. He tries to listen for small paws on the floor. He can only hear his breath at first until a small murmur is heard from somewhere, but it's not animal noises. It's a human voice. Someone's whispering. Jonghyun knows it's not Taemin and Minho because they would have the lights and woken him up. 

A surge of panic rises in him. He tries to sit up as slowly as possible. If there's someone in here he has to either get out or call the police. He knows what he should do, but his curiousity gets the best of him. And he's also wondering where his foxes are. They would have made some noise if someone had entered the house. At least Onew, after his reaction to the delivery guy. So Jonghyun stands up with a small tremble. His legs are shaking from fear, but he knows if it's someone small he can take them. He's maybe short, but he has strength.

He tries to calm his breath to listen to the voice again. It's soft, and calm. Either there's someone talking to themselves or there's more than one. The voices are coming from his office. Jonghyun sneaks out into the hallway. The door is open, just enough to look inside. He has to stop to calm his breath before he starts hyperventilating. He should have brought something to defend himself with. He's so stupid. He really should have just called the police.

Jonghyun leans close to the door and holds his breath. The voices are clear now.

"Jinki, you're overreacting. I said this was not a dangerous place. Plus the hunters would never find us here. You don't have to be so tense and defensive." A soft voice whispers. It doesn't sound like two burglars. More like two nutjobs, talking about hunters.

"This isn't safe Kibum. If our cover's blown we'll be thrown out and we can't go back to the cabin in the winter. It's not empty." Another voice hisses. Jonghyun can't see much in the dark room. A silhuette of someone sitting on the floor is all he sees. The only thing he notices is the fair hair that's shines in the dark.

"I know that, but I also know that these are good people. You know that too. They can help." The voice sounds distressed. They're having an argument about something. Jonghyun sees movement in the room. Suddenly there's someone close to the silhuette.

"Kibum, humans can't be trusted. You've known them for maybe half a month, but that doesn't mean they will accept this, accept us." Jonghyun is freaking out. These guys doesn't sound dangerous, more afraid. He takes a step back from the door and is about to walk back to the couch when he bumbs his elbow in the wall. He freezes and lets out a hiss of pain. "Jonghyun" A voice asks scared and then his eyes widen. They know his name? He swings the door open and turns on the light.

The guys are gone. In their place are Key and Onew who's now jumping apart and looking at him with wide eyes. "What? The-the voices said my name?" Jonghyun is so confused. He looks at the two foxes. Onew looks like he's glaring and Key looks terrified, his ears are flattened and he's shying away.

The pieces sort of fall together and Jonghyun head starts spinning. He can't react before he falls backwards and he hears his head hit the wall in the hallway. The only thing he sees before his eyes close is the fox that he's protected for almost a month, transforming into a boy with white hair and the most terrified and guiltful face he's ever seen.


 

Okay so the chapter is short, but you have too have cliffhanger somewhere, lol.

 

Hope you like it, leave a comment to tell me what you think or if you have any questions.

 

Thanks bye

chu~~