Like you

Fell for the fox [HIATUS]

TO EVERYONE WHO THOUGHT THE 5TH CHAPTER DISAPPEARED!

No it didn't. The whole story disappeared for a while because I was rewriting it, and when I finished some of the chapters I uploaded them. I'm now uploading this because I wrote it from scratch because I wanted to change my story.

Okay, now back to the story!

 


 

Jonghyun groans, pushing himself away from the desk as he runs his hands through his hair in frustration. He moves forward, grabbing the piece of paper and crumbling it in his hand, throwing it behind himself where all the previous ones went. He grabs a new piece and lays it infront of him, his pen in his hand, hovering aboe the white paper. It's like he freezes, scrambling his brain for anything to put down into words. He had an idea this morning, and now it's gone. 

"Jonghyun Hyung?" He hears behind him. He turns his chair and looks at Kibum. The younger looks down at the mess of papers on the floor, letting out a sigh and moving between them to get to the desk. "Can't you use the trashcan? It's what it's there for." He says with a small smile and leans on the desk. Jonghyun lets out a sigh and puts the pen down, running a hand over his tired face. 

"I know, I just get mad when I have writers block. Heechul is expecting an album from me and I can't even write a sentence." He says with a frown, glaring at the empty paper. 

"From what I've heard from Taemin, you'll figure something out. And won't Heechul give you lots of time to finish it, I mean, it's an album. You have months." Kibum says softly. 

"I know, but it's just...this is my album. I get to make the songs, I get to make the melodies and I get to sing them myself. I can't mess this up." Jonghyun says, leaning his head on his hands. 

"You won't." Kibum says, running his hand softly over Jonghyun's back as he pushes off the desk and walks out. It's such a small gesture, but it sends shivers down his spine.

He lets out another sigh, looking at the paper. He has a plan about what the album is about. 

He's thinking stories. Different stories about love lives. He just needs some stories. And the most difficult part is that Jonghyun has been single since high school. He has no idea what it feels like to be in love, what it feels to know that someone loves you back.

He decides on taking a break. He won't get anywhere by locking himself up in the room if he has no inspiration. He kicks the papers away as he walks out of the office and into the living room.

Taemin is on the couch like usual, Jinki is on the chair, reading a book he borrowed from their bookcase. 

"Hey, how about we go out?" Jonghyun says and claps his hands together, getting their attention. "I've been in the office for too long and I think it's about time you guys get some clothes of your own." He says with a smile. Kibum walks out of the kitchen with a glass of water, looking down at the drape with a raised eyebrow.

"But we have no money with us." Jinki says as he closes the book. 

"I'm bying." Jonghyun says with a grin.

"No, you've done enough already." Jinki says as he gets up.

"Come on, it will be like a gift." Jonghyun says. 

"You sure? You don't have to use your money on us, you're already buying more food because we're here." Kibum says, putting the glass on the coffee table.

"I'm sure. We'll borrow you some clothes today so you can go out." Jonghyun says. He pulls them both into the bedroom and gets Taemin to help him as well. It only takes them half an hour to convince Jinki, get them dressed and call Minho before they go out. Jonghyun locks the door with a smile. He puls the jacket closer on his body when the wind hits him. 

"I like the winter much better in fox form." Kibum says with a pout, tying the scarf tight around his neck and covering his nose. Jonghyun chuckles, walking beside him as they go down the street. Jinki and Taemin are a few feet ahead, and Jonghyun looks up at the dark sky. 

"I like winter. The snow, the cold, snowmen, hot cocoa under a blanket." Jonghyun mumbles. Kibum wrinkles his nose.

"Winter is fine, it's jsut that when I'm a fox it's not as freaking cold. My fur keeps me warm. And I can run between the trees in the woods, and I don't have to think about money for food or clothes." Kibum says. 

"Where do you work at in the summer?" Jonghyun asks. 

"At a small convenience store. Jinki works at a flower shop close by." Kibum says. 

"How did....why are the hunters after you?" Jonghyun asks softly, knowing that it might be a sensitive subject. Kibum looks infront of him, at Jinki. It doesn't seem like he heared, but from the way Kibum is staring, Jonghyun can guess he did anyway. 

"There aren't a lot of fox families in Korea, most of them lived in Japan in the old days. My family told me stories about how the hunters found out about shapeshifters through the fairytales. All the stories about vixen's with nine tails and all the fox-spirits. In reality it was just shapeshifters wanting to blend in with humans. When the hunters started killing us, we spread to other countries. But they've followed. I think they found us because of out tracks in the winter. We try to be thorough in not leaving any." Kibum says with a small huff. Jonghyun watches the white mist forming from his breath. 

"So, you're kitsunes? And Gumiho?" Jonghyun asks with a smile.

"I guess so, it might not be true." Kibum says with a shrug. "Mom used to say that the rule of gumiho's having to eat hearts was just our ancestors trying to scare the kids into behaving or their hearts would be eaten." Kibum says with a grimace. Jonghyun chuckles.

"That's so cool." Jonghyun says. "But you don't have those powers right?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"No. Better hearing, smell, sigh and strength." Kibum says. "We don't look like much, but we're probably 10x stronger than a normal fox, and also stronger than most humans." Kibum says, his eyes narrowing, meaning he's smiling. 

"Hey, should we go here?" Taemin asks as he turns his head. Jonghyun looks at the store and nods. They walk in and Taemin immidiately drags Kibum through the aisles. Jonghyun and Jinki just follows them silently. Kibum looks a bit shocked at first, but it doesn't take long before he's just as excited and quick as Taemin to pick out clothes. He hands some to Jinki, almost demanding him to try them on. 

Jonghyun smiles, noticing how happy Kibum seems. He must like it, it shows in the way his eyes shine. 

A woman walks up behind him, tapping him on his shoulder. "Hello, do you need any help?" She asks, giving him a practiced smile.

"No thanks." Jonghyun says as he smiles back. Kibum walks up to them.

"Hi, do you have this in a different color?" He asks as he looks at a dark grey shirt. The woman's eyes widen when she takes in Kibum's hair and his eyes. Kibum doesn't notice it at first, but looks at her when she doesn't answer his question.

"Y-yes, we have them in white, red....and dark green." She stumbles with the words. 

Kibum walks away, looking for the other colors while the woman just stands there.

"Uh, you okay?" Jonghyun asks her. She gives a small nod, turning around slowly and walking back to her coworker who asks her what's wrong. Jonghyun shrugs, thinking nothing of it as he turns back to watch them pick more clothes. 

Taemin pulls them both to the changing room, both with piles of clothes, and Jonghyun can feel his wallet softly screaming for help. He was thinking more of a few clothes, not an entire closet. He leans on the wall, waiting for them to change, when he notices the two girls from the counter hiding behind a racket of clothes. He waits for them to notice him, and when they do one of them lets out a squeek and they both hide. He frowns but ignores it when Kibum walks out of the change room. 

Jonghyun's eyes widen. Kibum's wearing tight jeans, ripped at the knees, and a tank top that falls off his shoulder. He turns and looks into the full body mirror, doing almost a twirl. He turns his head and looks at Jonghyun.

"What do you think?" He asks, tilting his head in a way Jonghyun had noticed he does in fox form. It's cute, but with the outfit it clashes becaues the outfit is y and Kibum is adorable. It's messing with his head.

"It looks great." He manages to say. Kibum grins, and is about to walk into the change room again when he notices the girls. He looks confused, looking back at Jonghyun in question. 

"Why are they staring?" Kibum asks. "Does it look bad?" He asks with a pout, looking down at the outfit.

"No no, I think they're just put out because of your hair and your eyes. It's not everyday you see blue eyes here." Jonghyun says quickly. "Do you want me to shoo them away?" He asks. 

Kibum thinks about, but shakes his head. "It's human to be curious. And they aren't hurting anyone so it's okay. It's kind of flattering." He says with a smile, then walks into the room. Jonghyun stares at the girls again, waiting for them to get bored or to scurry off because they're actually at work. It doesn't happen, so he ends up ignoring them while he comments on Kibum's and Jinki's clothes. 

After they tried on half the store, Taemin agrees with Jonghyun that they don't need everything, and has them choose a few pieces for now. He makes a joke that if Jonghyun gets famous on his album then they can buy the whole store, but just earns a glare from Jonghyun. 

"Wanna go for something to drink after this?" Jonghyun asks them when they walk ot the counter. Taemin and Kibum nods quickly. Jonghyun smiles, and takes out his wallet as he stops to pay. The girls had already ran back once Kibum and Jinki got out, and gives them a smile. Jonghyun doesn't say anything about how creepy they had been. Kibum grins and waves to them when they leave, causing both girls to squeel incredibly loud.

"Lets go there, I heared from Minho that they have these really good pastries that are soft and sweet and delicious." Taemin says with a dreamy smile and pulls Jinki and Kibum by the hand to the small café. Jonghyun follows and smiles at the sweet smell when he enters. The café is small, but with the large windows and the clever interior it looks very spacious and pretty. Taemin finds them a table and Jonghyun sits down while Jinki and Kibum goes to order something for them. "So, how's your writing going?" Taemin asks as he takes off his winter jacket and hangs it on the chair.

"I'm at a wall Taemin, I can't even write a sentence. Everything I think off just sounds so stupid or fake." Jonghyun says and sighs. 

"Don't you have any inspirations? Any ideas?" Taemin asks.

"No, not right now. I have an idea, but I just can't think of anything because I have no idea of how to describe things." Jonghyun says with a small frown, looking outside the window. 

"Well, what's the idea? I might give you some help." Taemin says. 

"I'm thinking about writing this album like a collection of stories with the same theme. Relationships. But I know nothing about relationships or love." Jonghyun says softly.

"Well, we've been saying for years that you should get a boyfriend, but would you listen? No." Taemin says and laughs. "But seriously, you've never been in love?" He asks in disbelief.

"No." Jonghyun says. He thinks back to his girlfriend at high school, and he remembers that he really only dated her because she was hot and popular, he never really felt a bond. 

"You need to get out there. Do I have to drag you to a club?" Taemin asks with a smirk. Jonghyun sends him a glare, and looks over at Kibum and Jinki to make sure they didn't hear. 

"Wait..." Taemin says. Jonghyun looks back him. "Do you know what love feels like?" He asks with a curious expression. Jonghyun shakes his head. "Is it possible you've had a crush or been in love but just haven't realized?" He asks him. 

Jonghyun frowns. "What do you mean?" He asks him, not liking how Taemin looks so amused right now.

"What about our furry friend over there?" Taemin says and points towards the counter where Kibum is busy looking at all the options of pastries. Jonghyun's eyes widen.

"What? Kibum? No!" Jonghyun hisses, his cheeks heating up. He does not have a crush on Kibum, why on earth would he? "Why do you think I have crush?" Jonghyun asks him with a frown. 

"Cause you oogle him, you coo at everything he does and you kiss him all the time when he's a fox." Taemin whispers. 

"When he's a fox. There's a difference, and I just think he's cute. I don't like him like that." Jonghyun says, crossing his arms as he leans back in the chair. He glares at Taemin to shut up when Kibum and Jinki come back. Jonghyun gives them a smile when they sit down. Kibum places Jonghyun's cocoa infront of him. He takes a sip, letting out a sigh at the warm feeling and the sweet taste. 

"Thank you for today, you've all done so much for us." Jinki says with a smile. 

"No worries, that's what you do for friends." Taemin says and grins. Kibum grins also, taking a bite from his pastry. He lets out a hum, closing his eyes with a smile. Jonghyun watches as the pastry quickly disappears in Kibum's mouth. 

"So, what do you want to do after this?" Jonghyun asks. 

"Go home, I want to sleep." Taemin says, taking a sip from his drink. "I have work tomorrow, and unlike all of you three, I have to leave at 7 in the morning." He says with a small frown. 

"Cheer up, it's not that bad, right?" Jonghyun says with a smirk. Taemin glares at him. 

"Do you think we can stop by the convenience store?" Kibum asks.

"Yeah sure, why?" Jonghyun asks. 

"I wanted to make something tomorrow." Kibum says with a small shrug. Jonghyun is about to argue that he doens't have to make anything, but Kibum interrupts him. "You've done so much already, I can make dinner." He says with a small glare to shut him up. Jonghyun nods. 

When their drinks are empty they leave, walking quickly back to their house to get out of the cold. Jonghyun shivers when he walks through the door, and Kibum runs in after him. 

"You know what? Screw this." Kibum says, running towards Jonghyun's bedroom. Jonghyun raises an eyebrow, following behind him slowly. He takes off his jacket and hangs it on the chair and walks to the hallway. When he pushes the door totally open, he doesn't see Kibum. He frowns, seeing the clothes on the chair in the corner. He looks over at the bed and sees a small lump in the middle. He laughs, walking over. 

"Kibum?" He asks, nudging the lump. Kibum makes a small growly noise, pushing himself out from under the blanket. He shakes his head, his white fur poofing out. Jonghyun smiles, reaching a hand out to flatten it again. "You really don't like the cold, huh?" He says. Kibum nods, laying down on the blanket. "Tired?" He asks. Kibum huffs.

Taemin walks in, throwing the bags of clothes at them, and then walking off with a smirk. The smirk reminds Jonghyun of their conversation, and he can't help but think why Taemin thinks he's crushing on Kibum. Of course Kibum is adorable, but Jonghyun also thinks Taemin is adorable at times when he's not the son of the Devil. And sure, Kibum is beautiful with his white flowing hair and his electric blue eyes, the feline features and his bow-shaped lips. And why is it weird that Jonghyun might think Kibum should wear those tight jeans often because they looks amazing with his legs.

Jonghyun frowns, hating Taemin for putting those thoughts in his head, because it's starting to make him wonder.

Is he maybe crushing on him?

Just a bit. It's puppy love, the kind that will go away when you get used to the person. It's probably just because Kibum is so special, and Jonghyun has never met someone like him before, so he takes extra notice to him. 

That has to be it right?

He sighs, lying down with his hands behind his head, turning to look at Kibum who's fallen asleep next to him. He smiles softly, letting his eyes close as he relaxes.

 


 

Jonghyun wakes up the next day with a new set of motivation. He's going to start on one of the songs, he knows it. But when he sits down with the pen and the paper, he freezes again. His mind is everywhere but on the song. Instead, he's thinking about Kibum, and the hunters, and his apparently obvious crush on the blue eyed feline. 

He starts conjuring up scenarios of what might happen if Kibum finds out, or if Jinki finds out. He cringes at the image of him all scratched up and an angry fox chasing after him. If there's one thing Jinki is, it's protective over Kibum. 

He lets out a sigh, the pen falling on the paper and dragging a long black line over it. He glares at the pen, blaming it for his failure. 

His attention is caught when something brushes against his leg. He looks down under the table, jumping when he meets electric blue eyes. 

"Jesus christ, don't scare me like that!" He hisses at the fox. Kibum just huffs, jumping up from the floor and onto Jonghyun's lap. The older boy tenses up, every touch from the small fox sending electricity through Jonghyun. After his realization about his feelings he's awkward around him. With every move he's afraid Kibum might notice. It's stupid, but he can't help it. Kibum doesn't notice how tense he is, the fox is more curious to his work, placing his paws on the table as he peers at the paper. He turns with a confused look when he sees the paper is empty. Kibum huffs again, jumping up on the table. Jonghyun watches in silence as he steps on the edge and leaps off. Before he lands there's a small blur in the air and a light and Kibum rises on his feet, brushing down his cloth and running a hand through his hair. 

"You still haven't written anything?" He asks with a small pout. 

"Yeah, writer's block." Jonghyun says, a little startled by Kibum's beauty. He notices everything now, seeing it in a new light now that he's not afraid to open up to it. He can now see how y Kibum's feline eyes are, and how tempting his full lips look in that pout. He wonders how soft his hair is, since he knows that Kibum's fur is extemely soft. 

"Hyung?" Kibum asks, making Jonghyun look up at his eyes. "You're staring." He mumbles. "Is my hair weird?" He asks as he runs a hand through it again, patting it down. 

"No no, I just got lost in thought." Jonghyun says quickly, hiding his blush by turning back to his work. "Uhm, are the others up yet?" He asks, taking his pen again. 

"No, just us." Kibum says as he moves to sit on the couch. "Have you eaten?" He asks. Jonghyun mumbles a no, writing down a sentence on the paper, but immidiately scratching over it. "But you have to eat." Kibum whines. Jonghyun tries to block him out, afraid he'll do something embarrassing if he looks at him. "Hyung?~" Kibum whines. Jonghyun hides the small chuckle in his hand. Kibum is just as much an attention seeker when he's a fox like when he's a man. His thoughts are interrupted when his chair is suddenly yanked back from the table and turned around. His eyes widen and his pen falls out of his hand. Kibum pouts, putting his hands on his hips. "Don't ignore me, Hyung. Your health is important. Go eat." Kibum says sternly.

"Okay okay." Jonghyun mumbles, his eyes still wide in shock. He gets up from the chair, moving around Kibum and to the kitchen. He can hear Kibum's footsteps behind him. He scratches his head a little surprised at how stern Kibum could be. He's also a little flattered that the fox is so worried for his health. 

"Do you know how to cook?" Kibum asks once Jonghyun stops infront of the kitchen, a little lost. He turns with a sheepish smile, and Kibum rolls his eyes. "Can you set the table then?" He asks as he moves past him, starting to take out the ingredients. Jonghyun nods, walking over and taking out plates and glasses. Once he's done he sits down, resting his head in his palm as he watches Kibum move around the kitchen like he's floating, swiftly gliding with the elegance of his fox side. Jonghyun takes in his lean back, almost dozing off when he hears Kibum's soft voice humming a melody. It takes him a while to notice that Kibum is actually humming to one of Jonghyun's songs. His eyes widen, he can't remember seeing Kibum around when he was making that song. The boy must have hid in his fox form and listened. Jonghyun smiles, easily following Kibum's humming until he can't help but sing along.

"Juliette~Yeonghoneul bachilkkeyo Oh Juliette~Jebal nal badajwoyo

Juliette~Dalkomhi jom deo dalkomhage soksagyeo naui serenade~" Jonghyun sings softly, watching Kibum tense up and his hands stop moving. He looks over his shoulder, meeting Jonghyun's smile and quickly turning back to the food. He stays silent until he's done, placing the food on the table and sitting down, not saying anything as he starts to eat. Jonghyun chuckles. It's fun how Kibum can go from being a nagging mother to this shy blushing boy who's too adorable for his own good. He hums at the food. "This is really good." He mumbles, not looking up as he realizes how hungry he is and continues to eat. 

When he's done he puts the dishes in the sink and walks back into his office, giving Kibum a small wave and thanking him for the food. He sits down with a huff as he falls back into his sad mood. There's like a bad aura around his office, and every time he enters it he's reminded that he has a deadline on his songs and he's nowhere near getting finished. His head falls on the desk, a sharp pain flowing from his forehead, but he just closes his eyes and pouts. 

 

The only thing he can think of right now is Kibum, Kibum and his fluffy hair, Kibum and his gorgeous eyes, Kibum and his delicious thighs. 

Jonghyun sits up, a blush on his cheeks and his lip between his teeth. He can't go down that road, he has to work. But when he tries to focus on something else his brain goes blank. 

Maybe... Jonghyun thinks, pushing the chair closer as he grabs a pen, starting to scribble down ideas and notes. Time flows by quickly, once he's finally in the zone again. 

A tap on the doorway breaks him out of his trance. He looks up, dazed and tired. The room is darker, the sunlight that had grazed through the window is now slowly fading away. He looks down at the papers, a smile adorning his lips as he sees it's almost filled.

"Hey." Minho says as he walks closer. Jonghyun looks back up, giving him a tired smile. "You finally cracked the code?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, I guess I just needed the right inspiration." Jonghyun answers with a chuckle. Minho leans over his shoulder, peering at the lyrics. 

"I wonder what your inspiration might have been for a love song?" He teases, making the other blush. "Are you sure you want to go down that road? I mean, he's a fox." Minho says, more serious and concerned for his friend.

"I'm already at the end of that road Minho, I can't help who I crush on." Jonghyun says with a sigh, leaning back in the chair as Minho moves to the side. 

"I know that, but they won't stay when summer comes." Minho says, and Jonghyun mumbles that he knows that already. "Just don't do anything stupid." He says as he pats his shoulder and turns to walk out. "Me and Taemin are going out to eat. Jinki went out as well, saying something about checking on some emergency stuff his family had stashed. Bye." He says and walks out. Jonghyun yells after him, leaning back in his chair and givign the paper one last lookover before deciding he's done for today. He'll do the small fixes tomorrow while making sure it fits the melody. 

He gets out of the chair with a stretch, letting out a satisfied moan when his back and shoulders pop. He lets out a small yawn, walking out of the office and into the living room. It's dark, the lights off and the only light coming from the TV. It shines on Kibum on the couch, making his hair shine silver and illuminating his face. He turns and meets Jonghyun with a smile. The older walks over, sitting down beside him. 

Kibum turns back to the TV, his eyes like diamond in the blue light. Jonghyun ignores the noise from the TV, focusing on the soft smile on Kibum's lips, the way his eyes flicker as he pays attention to the program, the soft blush on his cheeks when he notices Jonghyun looking at him.

"What's wrong? Why are you staring?" The younger asks. Jonghyun smiles. 

"It's hard not to stare at something unique." Jonghyun whispers, making Kibum's eyes widen as he quickly looks away. Jonghyun's smile widens at the other's shyness. "You're beautiful as a fox, but you're beyond words more beautiful as a human." Jonghyun whispers, he can't help just wanting the other to know. Minho's words remind him how the two foxes aren't his pets, that they live their own lives and that they will be gone some day. It only makes him want to show his feelings more, before it's too late. 

"Thank you." Kibum mumbles. Jonghyun chuckles softly.

"Kibum?" Jonghyun says, trying to get the other to look at him. "Kibum?" He tries again. Kibum slowly looks back, the rosyness of his cheeks stands out on his pale skin. Jonghyun moves closer, leaning his arm on the back of the couch. Kibum's eyes are locked with his, confused and nervous. Jonghyun leans even closer, his hand cupping the side of Kibum's face. Kibum's eyes widen as Jonghyun's eyes closes. 

He's just a few centimetres from his lips when he feels Kibum's touch disappear. He opens his eyes, seeing the wall on the other side, makign his brows furrow. He looks down, meeting electric blue eyes and white fur. Kibum looks up at him, his tail swishing against the pillows nervously. Jonghyun lets out a small sigh, trying not to let it show that he's embarrassed and a little sad, and leans down to peck the fox's head.

"Goodnight Kibum." He whispers, and gets up from the couch.

 


 

The 5th chapter, with some backstory. I thought of all the fairytales about kitsunes and stuff and wanted to add it in, hope it's good ♥

 

I decided to write it from scratch (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ I seriously hope it's good because it took a hell of a lot time to come up with.

 

Please comment and subscribe to let me know what you think 

 

Thanks bye

chu~~