Dashing through the snow ~

Fell for the fox [HIATUS]

Jonghyun sighs, his breath turning white in the cold night. He regrets saying yes to go outside to buy some stupid milk. God that kid and his needs for sugary milk. He huffs and tries to wrap the scarf as tight around his neck as he can. His arms are cold because his jacket's too thin and his thighs are freezing because his jeans are like a second skin. He turns around the corner, walking fast through the dark parts of the park where the street lights can't reach. The shortcut is clever, but it's also close to the woods so Jonghyun always feels the need to run even though he has no reasons to.

His feet hitting the snow is the only sound right now, a soft crunch with each step. There's a wind that hits Jonghyun, feeling like whips that makes his cheeks sting. He his cold lips, wondering how long it will take them to become blue from the harsh winter air. It wasn't this cold when he left and it gives him the creeps. Korea doesn't get this cold in the winter.

As he turns yet another corner in the park, he stumbles in the snow when his eyes meet electric blue eyes. Wondering if he imagined it, he stops and holds his breath. When he meets it eyes again he freezes, scared that the creature might run off. Jonghyun would have never seen it if it weren't for those eyes. It's fur is completely blended with the snow, it's black nose and fierce eyes are the only things that stick out. It's just sitting there, it's nose sniffing in the air and with his ears moving. They twitch every now and then, probably picking up sounds from far away. Jonghyun turns the rest of his body to the small animal. It's right at the end of the park, Jonghyun guesses it came from the woods. 

It tilts it's head. Jonghyun copies the move with a soft smile. "Hey there sweetie, who are you?" Jonghyun mumbles and slowly crouches down. The snow white fox lowers it's ears. Jonghyun reaches his hands forward, pushing away the thoughts that the fox could attack him. "It's okay, I won't harm you." He whispers. The fox tilts it's head the other way, it's ears rising with it's paw. It takes one step forward and then stops. Jonghyun can feel the fox's eyes analyzing him, to see if he's a threat. Jonghyun has met enough animals to know that patience is the key.

Just when he feels a tingling in his arm from holding it up so long, the fox takes another step. Then another, and another, until it reaches his left hand. Jonghyun's smile grows as the fox's nose touches his fingers. Jonghyun turns his hand, letting the fox decide if it should continue or not. The fox focuses on the hand, then rubs it's snout on it. Jonghyun grins and it's head. "You're so pretty." Jonghyun says and runs his fingers through the soft white fur. The fox makes a noise similar to a cat's purr. "What are you doing in the park though?" He knows the fox won't answer him. He's just thinking out loud, but the fox looks back at the woods and Jonghyun looks up at the tall, dark trees as well.

"Did you get lost? Do you have a family?" He asks and the fox looks back at him and gives a small whine. Jonghyun it's fur. "Poor thing. I bet it's even cold for you too?" Jonghyun says and the fox leans towards him, encouraging him to pet him. "I can't leave you here. What if you can't get home." Jonghyun knows that the fox probably could survive the night, but the woods are large and wide and there's been talk about a lot of avalanches in the deep parts. Since he hasn't seen any foxes before he can only guess that the little one isn't from around here.

He looks down. The fox is nudging his hand that's stopped it's fur. It gives a whine and looks up at Jonghyun. Jonghyun can't seem to look away from those eyes, they look so intelligent, and human. Another whine shakes Jonghyun out of the trance and he shivers. He forgot about the cold while he's been thinking, and it's suddenly become unbearable. "Do you want to come with me? I can take you back tomorrow." Jonghyun says and doesn't wait for an answer before reaching under the fox and lifting it. It gives of a small yelp and trashes it's legs. Jonghyun supports it's feet and brings it to his chest. "Stop squirming, I'm gonna end up dropping you." He says and holds it in one hand while opening his jacket and putting the fox inside. He knows it's stupid and just hopes the fox won't scratch him.

Surprisingly the fox calms down. It shifts as Jonghyun zips up the jacket a bit to keep it warm and keeps one hand under it so it doesn't fall out. He forgets about the milk and speed walks home, trying to not shake the fox too much as he walks. He struggles with the lock on the door and goes inside. It's quiet, but Jonghyun can hear the tv in the living room. He shuffles off his feet and walks slowly inside. The fox is silent in his jacket and Jonghyun can feel that it's warming up to his body heat.

"Hyung, did you bring the milk?" Taemin asks without looking away from the TV. He's on the couch with his legs thrown over Minho's lap. The latter's reading a book and also doesn't look up when the older enters.

"Taemin-ah turn the TV off." Jonghyun says softly. The fox stirrs at the noise. "Just do it." He says when he sees that Taemin is about to argue. This makes Minho put his book down and turn around.

"Don't tell me you put the milk inside your jacket?" Minho says with sarcasm. Taemin huffs, but turns it off and also turns.

"You forgot." The youngest says with a pout.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I got a little distracted on the way." He says and looks down at the eyes that's now looking up at him.

"What is it?" Taemin asks. Jonghyun walks around the couch and sits down on the chair. He zips down the jacket and the fox shifts. It stretches it's limbs from being cramped up inside the clothing. It startles when Taemin squeels. "OMG, it's so cute!" He says and jumps off the couch to reach for the feline. It tenses and jumps off the chair, bolting to somewhere safe.

"Taemin! Be quiet, you're scaring him!" Jonghyun scolds the youngest and stands up to search for the fox.

"It ran under the TV cabinet." Minho says and Taemin sits down. Jonghyun has to lie down on his stomach to see under the cabinet. He squints and tries to make out the shape of the small fox. It's eyes open and locks on him.

"I'm sorry. He didn't mean it. Please come out." Jonghyun whispers and reaches his hands forward like the first time.

"You do know that it doesn't know Korean right?" Minho says and Jonghyun ignores him. He holds the pose for a while, whispering to the fox that it's safe and humming when the fox crawls a little closer. He pulls his hands back a little to coax the fox out and it works. He it's fur and lifts it up again. He walks to the chair and sits down, this time holding the fox so it won't run. "It's a fox Jonghyun, not a cat." Minho says, as if Jonghyun doesn't know it.

"I know, but it's far from home and it was really cold tonight. I'll let him go tomorrow." He says and scratches the fox behind it's ears. It purrs and settles down on his lap. It's surprisingly friendly towards him. It scares easily, but it trusts easily as well.

"I've never seen a fox before. And it's so white." Taemin says in awe, but he's smart enough to not lean forward again.

"I know, it's beautiful right?" Jonghyun says and smiles. Minho nods.

"Yes, but it's also wild. I don't know why it's so calm, but you're lucky it hasn't bit you." He says and the fox huffs. Minho is always so rational and careful.

"This one wouldn't hurt me. Right?" Jonghyun says and scratches the fox under it's jaw. The fox purrs and lies down. Jonghyun chuckles, it's so cute.

"Don't get too attached. It's gone tomorrow." Minho sighs and stands up, he walks away and Taemin hesitates, looking at the furball, then follows his boyfriend to the bedroom.

"Should I really let you go? Don't you want to stay?" Jonghyun says looks at the fox. It's groggy now, with it's head resting on Jonghyun's thigh.

He lifts it and takes it to his room, putting it down on the bed and then turning to change. He doesn't see the fox staring at him as he takes his shirt off and then yelping and turning around when he takes off his jeans. It trots up to the pillow and crawls under the covers. It can hear his chuckle when he's done and then the cover is lifted and Jonghyun settles under it. The fox peeks at the man from under the covers. He's looking at it.

"Good night." Jonghyun whispers and it on the head before sighing and closing his eyes.

He falls asleep to the soft sounds of the fox. He doesn't see the way it looks at him, so curious and intrigued by this kind hearted soul.

 


HI

So I ended up just editing some parts and going over spelling errors.

I'm probably going to edit a lot on the next few chapters to get the story how I want it to be.

Hope you''ll like it.

 

Thanks bye

chu~~