Chapter Five

Love You For A Thousands Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the week was uneventful.I got used to the routine of my class.By Friday,I was able to recognize if not name,the face of almost all the students at school and...Ahn Hyunseung didn't come back to school.

Every day I watched anxiously until the rest of the Ahns entered the cafeteria without him.Then I could relax and join in the lunch time conversation. Mostly it's about a trip to the beach in two weeks that Jason was putting together.I was invited and I had agreed to go,more out of politeness than desire.

By Friday,I was perfectly comfortable in my Biology class,no longer worried that Hyunseung would be there.For all I knew,he had dropped out of school.I tried not to think about him but I couldn't totally surpressed the worry that I was responsible for his continued absence,ridiculuous as it seemed.

My first weekend in Gangwondo passed without incident.My father unused to spending his time in the usual empty house,worked most of the weekend.I cleaned the house,got ahead on my homework and wrote my mom a lots of fake cheerful email.I did drive to the library on Saturday but it was small and poorly stocked. I would have to make a date to Seoul soon and find a good bookstore.

People greeted me in the parking lot on Monday morning.I didn't know their names but I waved back and smiled at everyone.It was colder this morning.In English,Jason took his accustomed seat by my side.We had a pop quiz about the novel we currently studying...and it was really straight forward question.

When we walked out of class,the air was full of swirling bits of white.I could hear people shouting excitedly to each other.

"Wow..."Jason said."It's snowing."

"Hmm...much more beautiful than in Tokyo."I replied,not as excited as the others.

"You hate the snow?"Jason asked,surprised with my reaction.

"No,I did not hate the snow but I prefer the sun and the warmth.Snow is cold."I complained,matter of fact.

Jason laughed with my last sentence.And out of nowhere,a big squishy white ball smacked the back of his head.We both turned to see who is the culprit and saw Chunji who was walking away into the wrong directions for his next class.Jason smirked and bent over to began scraping together a pile of white mush.

"I'll see you at lunch okay?"I kept walking as I spoke."I don't want to become one of the targets for the fights."

He just nodded,his eyes focusing on Chunji's retreating figure.

I walked alertly to the cafeteria with IU,who I met along the way.Snowballs were flying everywhere.I can't help but raised my hand as a shield,worrying that the snowballs may hit my fave.IU laughed,seeing my antics.Jason caught up to us as we walked in the doors,laughing with a lot of snowflakes in his hair.He and IU were talking animatedly about the snowfights as we got in line to buy foods.I glanced towards a certain table at the cf corner out of habit then I froze where I stood.There were nine people at the table.

IU pulled my arm.

"Hello?Earth to Hyuna!What do you want to order?"

I looked down,my face and ears were hot.I had no reason to feel self conscious so why the hell I feel like this?I hadn't done anything wrong,I reminded myself.

"What's with Hyuna?"Jason askekd IU.

"Nothing."I answered."I'll just get a fruit salad and water today."I caught up to the end of the line.

"Aren't you hungry?"IU asked.

"Actually..I feel a little sick."I said,my eyes on my red converse shoes.

I waited for them to get their food and then followed them to our usual table, my eyes still on my feet.I sipped my water then took a bite of my salad although my stomach was churning.Twice Jason asked with unnecessary concern,how I was feeling.

I told him it was nothing but I was wondering if should play sick and escape to the nurse's office for the next hour.I decided to let myself a glance at the Ahn's table.If he was glaring at me,I would skip Biology.I kept my head down and glanced up under my lashes.None of them were looking this way so I lifted my head a little.

They were laughing.All. of them.Kikwang,Yoseob,Dongwoon,Junhyung and Hyunseung all had their hair entirely saturated with melting snow.The girls were leaning away as Yoseob shook his dripping snowy hair toward them.But aside from the laughter and playfulness, there was something different and I couldnt quite pinpoint what that difference was.I examinec Hyunseung the most carefully. His skin was less pale,flushed maybe from the snowball fights.The circles under his eyes was much less noticeable.But there was something more.I lifted my head a bit and continued staring ,finding the difference.

"Hyuna...what are you staring at?"IU intruded,her eyes following my stare.

At that my precise moment,his eyes flashed over to meet mine.

.I cursed silently and dropped my head,letting my hair fall to conceal my crimson face.I was sure though the instant our eyes met,he didn't look harsh or unfriendly as he had the last time I'd seen him.H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter