He is Sunbae

Living with That Guy

Chapter 6 He is Sunbae

 

“Okay, all items already been purchased!” I pushed the store’s door, relieved because I just completed my task.

 

Minseok sunbae and I just came out from the stasionery stores. He ended up accompany me shopping, even if he was with me just to showing me the stores at first.

 

“Thanks for today. I’ll take care of everything now. You can go home, Minseok-ssi.” I was about to take the goods he carried, but he moved away from me.

 

I lifted my head, just to saw he smiled. It’s so cute to be honest. “I’ll go home after take you home.” he said.

 

“But...”

 

“A girl shoudn’t go alone this late. As a man, I had to take you home, especially the girl is carrying heavy things like these.” He lifted both his hand and continued what his saying. “I’ll feel bad if I leave you go home and carrying these just by yourself.”

 

I knew I had been troubling him and I felt bad about that. But I also couldn’t refused his good intention. So, I decided to let him accompany me.

 

 

We just walked to my apartement because it was not far from there. Having someone by my side like this was indeed better then alone, maybe because of secure feelings. Well, it was quite bad for me because we just met today and I already burdened him these much.

 

“Thank you Minseok-ssi, if you didn’t tell me that store, maybe I couldn’t buy those tonight...”

 

“No problem. I occasionally go to that stores for my academic purposes, I’m glad I could help you.”

 

“I see.” Oh, so kind of him.

 

He turned his face on me and asked, “What major are you?”

 

“Business Administration. Why?”

 

He frowned, “Business? Then, what are you going to do with these?”

 

“Well, there’s something.” How could I say I’m buying these all because a guy who made me his servant ordered me.

 

 

Time flies and we already reached the apartment. Minseok sunbae looked at the building, maybe he didn’t expect me living there.

 

“You’re living here?”

 

I thinned my lip. “Um, yeah.”

 

As we reached the front entrance, I bowed at him. “Once again, thanks sunbae. I can carry these on my own from here.”

 

He handed the goods to me. “You’re welcome.” He then waved his hand and made a smile at his lip, “See you tomorrow.”

 

I smiled back at him, waving to say goodbye. When I turned round, I saw Kim Jongin. He just out of the building. He walked straight to me at the time he saw me.

 

“Where have you been?! I’m waiting for you!” his eyes glared at me. He must be upset.

 

“S-sorry, um... I had something to do.” I took one step back as soon as he went toward me.

 

He then grabbed the plastic bag on my left hand. “Did you buy it all?”

 

Didn’t  replied, I just drowned on my mind. Why were he here? Don’t tell me, he was on his way looking for me.

 

“Hi, Kai.” Suddenly Kim Jongin’s eyes was looking elsewhere, like someone called him. I followed his eyes. There, Kim Minseok approached us while waved his right arm.

 

“Oh, Sunbae.” Kim Jongin replied. My eyes grew bigger, looking at both of them. What? They knew each other?

 

“You’re also living here?” he asked.

 

Jongin raised his left eyebrow, maybe he surprised to saw him here. “....yes”

 

Then Kim Minseok changed his stare to me. My heart was beating faster. I already felt like I was caught comitting crime, don’t even know why I felt like that. He open his mouth and nodded his head, “So you two are neighbour....They must be yours then, Kai.” He meant the goods that we shopped earlier. Thank god he didn’t have any weird thought about us. But, he called him Kai. What is the relationship between kai and Minseok sunbae?

 

My eyes met with Jongin’s.

 

“Oh, yes. I was asking her for help because I had something more urgent to do. Thanks to her, I was able to do both.” He said as he circled his arm on my shoulders. I just nodded, not sure what to do and what to say.

 

“Would you like to come to my place?” Jongin’s words made my heart jumping. If he came over, Minseok sunbae will know that I’m living with him. Oh, no. The last thing I want was some one know that I’m living with this annoying guy. My body became stiff, I was starting to sweat.

 

“Thanks, maybe next time.” His reply made me relieved. He should come over when I went from his apartment, just don’t come in this month. He then saw his arloji, “It’s already this late. I have to go.”

 

“Be careful on your way.” I bowed and Jongin waved his hand to sent Minseok-ssi away.

 

After sunbae gone, I turned my head, was about to say something to Jongin, but he was already walking into the building. I ran, followed him. “Are you serious about inviting Minseok sunbae in? Do you want another people to find out about us?!” I said when I was walking by his side.

 

We arrived at elevator lobby. Jongin pushed the button and said without looking at me. “It’s just lip service. Anyway, why I must I’m the one who feel guilty when you’re the one who willing to live with me.”

 

I bated. He’s right, I’m the one who started this.

 

He then looked at me. “But I do feel ashamed if people find out that I live with a girl like you. I won’t tell anyone, you can relax.”

 

“What?!” I did feel contented but I was more irritated when I heard his answer.

 

The elevator door opened, Kim Jongin directly enter the elevator and I followerd him after. Inside the elevator, there were just two of us. We were silent, drowned into our minds. I was still upset because of his words. But then he broke the silence.

 

“What’s your relationship with him?”

 

I looked at him, but he just looked up to the numbers that kept going up. Did he mean with Minseok-ssi?

 

“He’s my senior in my work place.” I answered.

 

He glanced at me, “You are working?”

 

“Yeah, I have to make money, for my living, saving for my own place and for feeding you. It just started today though.”

 

He noded, “Work hard then.”

 

The elevator door was open, we had been on our floor.

 

“And you, you knew Minseok sunbae?” I asked as I followed him.

 

“Yes.”

 

“What’s your relationship with him?” I asked again for detail.

 

“He is my senior, a 3rd year architecture senior. He is also a friend of my friend.”

 

“Really? That’s why he knew that store....” The world is so small, That meant I should be careful around him, He shouldn’t ever know about me living with Jongin. Never.

 

“Good to have him show you the place. Remember that store, because your employer will get you there to buy something from time to time.” He grinned and went in first.

 

I was watching his back and blew up my bangs, pouted. ‘Employer’? That cocky guy. Really want to leave this place and never get him in my life again, but what could I do was just bit my lower lip and be patient. Well, Act like that as long as you can, because when I get away from this trouble, I couldn’t leave it just like that.

 


 

Author's note

I changed the cover, I think it's more colorful, and of course better than before.

Thanks to Asumaro for the poster :D