The Outcome

Living with That Guy

Chapter 2 The Outcome

 

Kim Jongin and I were sitting against a table that has been specially provided by the restaurant as request from Lee Taemin. We were both surrounded by freshmen from my major, Department of Business and Kim Jongin’s, Department of Architecture. A boisterous spectators voice arose when a waitress brought two large bowls before us. One bowl was equivalent to three times normal ramyeon portion.

 

I rolled up my sleeves while Taemin held out his arms between me and Jongin.

 

"READY!"

 

Jongin and I take chopsticks at the bowl’s side.

 

"START!"

 

I move my chopsticks quickly and insert ramyeon into my mouth as much as possible. I had no time to think about the taste, my mind was filled with the desire to win this duel. I can't lose, my money is at stake.

 

Our friends who watched this duel were encouraging us. Several minutes passed, now there wasn’t much more ramyeon left, I picked up my bowl and ate the rest of ramyeon. When it was completely empty, I inverted my bowl, but unfortunately, at the same time, Kim Jongin also did the same. Cheers of our friends could be heard.

 

Taemin lifted my hand and Jongin’s as the sign of our duel ended with a DRAW. I turned my gaze toward Kim Jongin. He looked very dissatisfied with this result, just like me. Because if there’s no winner, how can I get my free lunch?

 

"You're great, Kang Mina! You’re the only one who can compete with Kim Jongin in terms of eating!" Said Lee Taemin as he put his hand on my shoulder.

 

"We can’t determine the winner, there must be a second game." Said Kim Jongin. I agreed with him. There should be a clear winner in this match.

 

Kim Jongin ordered another two large bowls Ramyeon before doing the next game. It didn’t take long time, two bowls of the same size like before were present in front of us.

 

"Are you sure, Mina?" Chanmi who was standing next to me looked worried.

 

"Don’t worry, I won’t lose easily."

 

The second game began. Just a few mouthfuls I eat this second ramyeon, my stomach was feeling full. At the previous game I ate as much as three servings at once, and I had to eat another three servings again. But, as long as the mouth and the stomach are still willing to accept, I guess it doesn’t matter. Let me correct my word, not ‘willing’, but  ‘can’. I continued to devour my ramyeon as fast as I could. My determination is bigger than him, I'm sure of it. I can not lose.

 

However, when I saw my bowl still filled at least a quarter, I began to feel nauseous. It looks like my body began to refuse the food. This is bad. Although I didn’t see it directly, I know Kim Jongin continues to devour his ramyeon. I shouldn’t give up, I have to keep trying until the end. Regardless of nausea, I devoured the remaining ramyeon until I suffocated.

 

On the other hand, Kim Jongin invert the bowl and raised his hand. The spectators were loud and the disappointment went over me. I dropped the bowl, just a little bit and I could empty mine. There was a ramyeon at the edge of my lips, but I don’t care. I sank in my chair, my body was limp.

 

It's a disaster! I'm lost...

 

I felt nauseous and hurriedly went to the toilet, it looks like I'm going to vomit all of the food I ate earlier. Anxious to see me went while holding my mouth, Chanmi followed me to the toilet.

 

It happened, I threw up. Deftly, Chanmi my back.

 

"Are you all right?" She asked. I didn’t answer, just kept vomiting.

 

When I felt better, I turned into the sink to wash my mouth. Chanmi kept following me. "Thanks." I said to her, the new friend I met today. She's caring and kind, maybe we can be best friend.

 

"You okay?" She asked again. I hugged her.

 

"Chanmii ... I really had bad luck!"

 

I told her the reson why I accepted the challenge and added penalties for the losers. She calmed me down as she patted back.

 

"I'd be lying if I said I was fine. I'm very frustated!"

 

She patted my back gently. "Your luck isn’t actually that bad, I even feel envious toward you."

 

"What?" I let go of my arms. "You don’t know I have to buy him lunch for next two weeks? There’s nothing worse than this. If there is, let me know. "

 

"But it means that for two weeks you're going to have lunch together with Kim Jongin!"

 

As she said it, she smiled like she’s teasing me. I don’t understand what the girl in front of me means.

 

She then pulled my hand. "You're done, right? Let’s go back to the table, you have to drink water."

 

When we got back to the table, I saw Jongin already holding the prize, a special A level beef fillet that Taemin promised. I sighed, disappointed. That beef looked so delicious but unfortunately, it wasn’t made for me.

 

I looked at the beef as I sipped water. Realizing my stare, that guy waved his hand in front of my face. "Stop expecting other people's belongings."

 

I bit my lower lip. You could have that beef it thanks to my generosity! Actually I want to said that, but my lip was locked. What’s the point in saying that, in the end, I'm still lost.

 

Kim Jongin stepped toward me, he then reached out his hand before me. It's like what I saw on television, when the two athletes who have competed to utmost, showing sportivity. True, we were just doing the same thing. I welcoming his hand and shook it firmly. But he let go of my hand quickly.

 

"That is not what I mean."

 

I frowned. Okay, now I'm confused.

 

He returned his hand. "Where’s your handphone?"

 

"Handphone?"

 

Seeing my slow reaction, he was getting irritated. "Starting tomorrow you will give me the reward, so you don’t run away, I should have your number."

 

Now I understand. We were in different departments, it indeed difficult to have any interaction without any communication device such as mobile phones.

 

"I don’t have it." I said quickly.

 

"What?" His eyes rounded, as if he didn’t believe in my words.

 

"I said I don’t have any phone. Yesterday my handphone was stolen. "

 

"Are you serious?"

 

I thinned my lips. Maybe the lost of my handphone could be mad as reason not to buy him lunch. I started to open my lip, "I think this special beef is enough as a reward, let's just say there wasn’t any addition agreements. So, you don’t need to be confused to find me later. "

 

I hope he would approve my suggestion.

 

His eyes stared at me for a moment. Looks like he tried to investigate if I was lying or not about my stolen handphone. After he was sure about it, he took a step back. "If I can’t reach you by the phone, so be it."

 

My lip was smiling at his words. Did I manage to persuade him? Assa!

 

But, apparently he still continued his words. "Every lunch break, you have to see me in the Architecture Building."

 

My mouth was open as if my jaw would fall. "From my building to architecture? It’s so far away ... "

 

He stand by my side and saying close to my ear. "Don’t think you can run away from me, because I can find you anywhere."

 

My breath stopped for a moment. His eyes were really sharp, make me filled with anxiety. I just aware what’s wait me ahead. How should I got through my life for next two weeks?

 

That guy passed me and joined his group again. Chanmi touch my soulder, wake me up from my mind. “Mina, you don’t want to eat samgyeopsal? They’re ready if you want.”

 

The Architecture and Bussiness department were diffusing because of the duel. The party seemed more festive but my appetite was gone, I can’t eat anything right now.

 

I shook my head. “I’m full. I just want to go home.” I took my bag on my chair and get ready to go home.

 

-----

 

My eyes were open and it’s still 2 a.m. I woke up from my sleep because of the pain I felt in my stomach. This seems a result of overeating. I touch my stomach, maybe I had to go to the toilet.

 

When going downstairs, all lights were turned off, so I can see the only light coming from toilet. I heard noises came from there. Is there someone in the toilet?

 

My heartbeat was racing, considering I was alone in this unit.

 

With shaking hands, I the light and gulped before make a sound. "Yuhuu~ ..." hope if there really is someone, perhaps it's Chanyeol or Sanghyun oppa who suddenly returned from abroad. It can be.

 

But, there was no response at all. Because of fear, I rushed back to my room and hid my self in my bedcover, forced myself to got back to sleep. Pain in my stomach suddenly gone, I no longer could feel the pain at that time, maybe it’s covered by my fear.

 

There really something strange about this place. It wasn't just my imagination.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

Author's note

 

Kang Mina was bothered by something, hehe :D

Calm down, it's not a horror genre

You'll find out what happen at next chapter

 

Your feedbacks are welcome ^^